1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

BSA R-10

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Rob Edge, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Rob Edge

Rob Edge Busy Member

Anyone heard any horror stories about this new gun. This is what I have just chopped the Benjamin in for.

2. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

Some of the first ones had a fault with the regulator, machine set up wrong apparently. Other than that i have not heard much about the r-10, i would be interested in seeing a shot string for this gun, and if anyone is having problems with the magazine.

3. Rob Edge

Rob Edge Busy Member

Magazine is the same as the other BSA guns. I will put together a review over the next couple of days.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  4. nick2

nick2 Keyboard Hero

r-10

the latest problem I have heard of is that when fitting a silencer, zero shifted to the left, silencer is good on other guns. It was suggested that the barrell wasnt threaded square and returned to BSA for replacement, new barrel fitted - exactly the same -ongoing. There are several other reports on the BSA owners site. atb Nick

5. Andy

Thanks, looks like fair few teething problems to sort out.

6. Rob Edge

Rob Edge Busy Member

SAFETY CATCH

Safety catch was stiff releasing out of the box. Removed the stock to find a blanking plug which lies under the catch was loose. Looked on the diagrams and it doesn't show it. Removed loose item and all is well.

7. Andy

Have you had chance to shoot it yet. :)

8. Rob Edge

Rob Edge Busy Member

Fired 25 shots at 15 metres and thought I had missed the target 24 times. :D

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  9. Andy

Did they go through same holes. :D i get that problem with my airwolf, i always think there is something wrong and i missed the target, but after looking at the target i can see many pellets hit same place. :D

10. alec240380

alec240380 Active Member

I picked up my R10 on sat fired my new scope on it 6-24x56 hawke sidewinder 30 the only problem i have is the scope is only about 3mm above the shrouded barell so i cant get my flip caps on but hey ill manage without it for the minute gun looks amazing and yep very small groups out at 30yds only shot about 50 pellets bisley magnums out it but i still cant stop smiling :D

11. Rob Edge

Rob Edge Busy Member

I have a 3-9 x 40 and it is very tight on the shrouded barrel but I will live with it. I tried the Theoben rapid and an AA S410 at the same time and the balance of the R10 won me over. Theoben was £120 more and the S410 was £4 less. Only time will tell If it was the right choice. An Airwolf would have been nice but the budget wouldn't allow it.

12. nick2

nick2 Keyboard Hero

scope mounts

Rob, what height of mount are you using? I'm going to be needing a new scope & mounts when my R-10 eventually arrives. atb Nick

13. Rob Edge

Rob Edge Busy Member

From the top of the breech to the scope tube is 12 mm if that makes sense.

14. nick2

nick2 Keyboard Hero

mounts

thanks for that.

15. Rob Edge

Rob Edge Busy Member

It is going in tomorrow for the anti tamper plug refit. I will get up a review after it is chrono'd tomorrow.

16. Andy

That's not very anti tamper then is it. :D

17. Rob Edge

Rob Edge Busy Member

Tell me about it. Apparently it should be iterference fit and locktited. Just hope it chrono's OK or it's back to BSA.

---------- Post added at 15:33 ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 22:00 ----------

Well after a 150 shot string the result was a range of 541-608fps shooting H&N FTT. Two Sots only managed 372 & 374 respectively. To add to this it fired itself when putting the mag back in which doesn't exactly inspire confidence. It was then noted that the stock has a hairline crack in the forend. Is this a Friday afternoon gun. Either way it isn't what I want so it's on it's way back to BSA. I don't want it repaired I want a new one that works as it should. The gun is only 5 days old.

18. nick2

nick2 Keyboard Hero

R10

and I was annoyed that Ive got to wait another 3 weeks for mine,(originally promised mid Jan) sounds like it gives them another 3 weeks to get their act together.:confused:

19. j.stuart

j.stuart Banned

What I would have done. I would opt for a different rifle,this rifle might be better when it comes out in mk2 and then when it comes out in mk3 with only a new stock like the s10 you know the mk2 and 3 are fine.
    I bet BSA are pulling their hair out with the amount of these that have gone back.

20. Rob Edge

Rob Edge Busy Member

Mine has joined the queue at BSA. Result of the chrono' was a very sick puppy with a range of 540 to 608 fps ( 2 shots @ 372, 374). Usual index problems and a misfire when closing the bolt sending a pellet flying. Now waiting to hear if they can find a working example to replace it as the top hat was a hairline crack in the stock. I question now if I should have bought a Theoben or Daystate instead.