1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

BSA R-10 MK2

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by chevin, Oct 5, 2014.

1. chevin

chevin Keyboard Hero

Hi guys thinking about ordering an R-10 this week mainly for hunting, do you use one for hunting if so which model, how do you rate them also what does VC stand for, I asked the question yesterday in the other section had a couple of very good replies but as a specific hunting rifle can you add anything else for consideration.
    Many thanks.

2. Largerider

Largerider Posting Addict

I use the standard shrouded barrel, but the shroud was not very effective, so I removed it and used it with a hw silencer on for a while. It was very good like that but a little long,now it has a Huub shroud on, which is very quiet and now shorter than My Regal so well happy with that. Use it for hunting as the total Tally thread will show if you view it.

3. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

I have used one recently its only 3 months old, and it is a nice gun but too long that's all (and the wrong calibre lol)

But Ive shot a few woodies with it now and its a nice very quiet gun.

If I were to buy one I would buy the super carbine as I really like the look of that.

But I have three other airguns that I cannot justify getting rid of and they are all used for hunting.

My favourite hunter ever remains a MK2 Rapid, then Daystate Regal, then I would say the hw100tk as my third choice, because Ive not owned an R10 In .177 I cant really comment but from what Ive shot with one so far I would say it would be a toss up in my estimation between that and a hw100.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  4. Shoto1

Shoto1 Donator

It's a cracking rifle for hunting - pop on that Hawke Panorama scope you have and you will be well away:up:
    VC = variable choke ( can be used on either .177 or .22) with adjustment.

I bought it in .177 and find it very effective out to 50 yards, using Bisley magnums but with 4.52mm width. (Likes the pellets heavy and wide).

You won't be disappointed with its performance. - also available in carbine style if that suits your situation.

5. chevin

chevin Keyboard Hero

Thanks guys all positive stuff, just like a few chaps at the range this morning but none of them hunt, so your imput is valuable

6. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Go for a super carbine in .177 I would think it will be a very polished performer, its just luck of the draw with any gun some will be excellent giving many years of use where others may have teething problems but any gun can suffer those, both my Rapid and Regal needed some work to get them how I want, so there is no good reason a good R10 wont be as good when they are fettled.

When you buying new you have a warrenty anyway so it should offer piece of mind.

7. chevin

chevin Keyboard Hero

Totally agree with you engraver both rifles I own had minor adjustments when new but both are magic now.
    ATB.

8. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Lets face it pcps are like instruments and have so many moving parts and an internal contained power source they are very complex instuments so mass production always leaves room for improvement.

One thing I constantly hear about is how good BSA barrels are so the chassis stock and barrel should be good no matter what, the rest can be worked with and improved by people like XTX or John bowkett and then they should be match accurate.

9. Tim_B

Tim_B Top Poster

The other option is to buy second hand and then to send to one of the tuners to shorten. That's how I bought my .177 Mk2 and its just as short (or is that long) as my HW100KT. My HW is .22 and the BSA is .177 and accuracy wise there is nothing between them. The BSA has the advantage of higher shot count, but to be honest the HW shooting 4 or 5 mags is plenty for an outing too.

You wouldn't be disappointed with the R10. The only thing I have changed since getting it is taking the BSA VC Moderator off and replacing with a Swift Stumpy - which is more effective. It also likes the HW mod.

Thanks
    Tim

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  10. Macdoog

Macdoog Posting Addict