1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

BSA Meteor advice needed...

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by darren.cox22, Feb 12, 2012.

1. darren.cox22

darren.cox22 Active Member

Hi Guys,

Its been a while but I need some advice from you guys if possible.

I have just brought a BSA Meteor .22 rifle for £40 from a mate at work. The rifle is in pretty much mint condition, woodwork is very good, metal work is like new. My mate says the gun is 20 years old and has been locked away for nearly as long, only fired a handfull of times. To look at it I believe him.

But.......

The breach seal is cracking and perished, so I presume the innards may need stripping, cleaning and greasing.

Also I believe that these have been produced for so long ( I believe the most recent being mk7) may be wrong though ! :confused:

My questions are as follows;

Can I tell which this is ( mk1-mk7) ?
    Can I still get the spares for this, seal kits, springs ( bear with me on this I'm stil new to all this ) :rolleyes:

With my old trusty chinese springer I could download a guide how to strip and service it, How easy is this gun to strip down ?? :confused:

Or have I wasted another £40 of my hard earned cash :(

My SMK 20 has now seen better days ( I know, I know its a chinese springer :eek:) but it got me started and I have enjoyed it)

Any advice on this gun or advice on spares, guides on stripping and servicing will be very much appreciated.

Oh the only stamps or markings on the gun are "BSA ENGLAND" stamped on the top of the barrel. TH07302 Stamped on the hinge on the barrel and BSA METEOR stamped in between the scope rails. (if that makes sense) :) Other than that it has the original sight at the end (plasti) and adjustable and windage and elevation adjustable iron sights where the barrel break is.

Thanks for any advice again, it will be appreciated.

Daz Cox

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  2. darren.cox22

Also just noticed it has no safety catch if that helps.

3. brett1985

brett1985 Posting Addict

the gun is a 1979 onwards, mk5 meteor.

really easy to strip, and really easy to work on.

i'll pm you a quick guide!

brett

4. darren.cox22

Thanks Brett. Message received.

5. Bolor

Bolor Banned BANNED

Breach seals can perish fairly quickly but for three or four quid it can be sorted. Lovely guns the meteor and definately cheap at forty quid.

6. darren.cox22

Without sounding too thick, is it just a case of removing the old seal and reseating the new one ?? :)

7. Tmaxxjj

Tmaxxjj Busy Member

8. ebbadger

ebbadger Newbie

Brett, any chance of getting a guide ?, I too have just purchased a meteor for £40 for my lad from allcocks in stourport on severn which seemed a bargain from a gunshop, he loves it but i want to give it a quick strip and check before I take him out again, keeps my tx200 HC safe from him LOL

Cheers Steve

9. brett1985

brett1985 Posting Addict

Yes mate, no worries. I'll private message one to you tomorow when im in work. :)

10. leaky5

leaky5 Donator

If you go over to the BSA Owners Group forum, under vintage air rifles, there is a sticky for serial numbers.

I have been after one my self, the only shop near me who has any are £70 upwards. Just missed one on the darkside the other day, went for £20 with a broken stock.

11. krf1963

krf1963 Member

Sorry to hijack this thread but I have just been given a Meteor for my kids to use and would also appreciate a copy of your guide.

Keith