1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

BSA lightning carbine

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by andyb78, Feb 22, 2012.

1. andyb78

andyb78 Engaging Member

Hi
    im thinking of buying a BSA lightning carbine as anybody got one to tell me what they are like

Thanks

2. Barcelona68

Barcelona68 Banned BANNED

Bit crappy.

3. andyb78

andyb78 Engaging Member

In what way mate

4. Barcelona68

Barcelona68 Banned BANNED

For the money you can get a second hand Weihrauch.. No contest really.

5. ithica -john

ithica -john Posting Addict

maybe true...but I've been looking at the BSA Lightning XL RRP £285 and the Weihrauch HW95K + Silencer RRP £330

the prob is........there's none 2nd hand within driving distance of Glasgow.....:down:

6. cbrdave

cbrdave Nuts

I got one, no weihrauch but as a general pest control/target springer its not bad, i plan to strip an polish the internals to make iot a bit smoother once it's been bedded in:up:

7. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

I had a BSA Lighting .22 and thought it was spot on

My review here

http://www.airgunforum.co.uk/forums/airgun-reviews/80814-bsa-lighting-22-a.html

But as Barcelona68 says it's not a HW but does not claim to be. If you after a no fuss, no frills springer the Lighting is spot on and mine was spot on

Thing to remember if buying second hand you get more 'bang for you buck' as such and would look at the HW range if one came up

8. Punterj

Punterj Well-Known Member

I have a Lightning XL and get on well with it. I have never used a Weirauch so can't comment on them (not that you are asking about them). Mines pretty accurate at about 35 - 40 yards even with me shooting it. Nice and small so easy to hump around if you are across the fields with it or in a car if you are shooting from a vehicle (not the drive by kind of course :eek:).

9. brett1985

brett1985 Posting Addict

early one's are pretty good! ive got a couple. bit twangy but at 30 yard rabbits it hits the mark as well as any hw will.......lol.

.22 is the one to have in my opinion, but thats just my preference for springers.

brett

10. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

I have a love / hate relationship with my lightning. I love the idea of it - a cheap, cheerful, chuck-it-in-th-back-of-the-truck-and-use-it-to-prop-gates-open springer, but I hate the reality of it, which is noisy and recoil-prone.

11. Darren Petts

Darren Petts Temporarily Alive

I also had a .22 Lightning and it was great to 35 yds - loved it. I've also shot several .177 versions and didn't like them. It's just working too hard IMO in .177 and feels jumpy. As said the Weihrauchs are better built. One example of better build would be the BSA has a breech pin = no adjustment, but the Weihrauchs have a breech bolt = removal of wear and tear. Another would be the trigger. The Weihrauch record is/was the industry standard for many years. The BSA unit is ok without being great.

12. rapid

rapid Banned BANNED

13. The Robin

Spot on the .22 i had was good but i have heard the .177 is not so good. As you say the BSA trigger ok and does the job without been great, the record is a great trigger and leads the way :up:

14. brett1985

brett1985 Posting Addict

15. andyb78

andyb78 Engaging Member

my budget £350 so would prefer a new rifle (just to put my own stamp on it) the deal i got offered was a bsa lightning carbine,bsa scope and accessories for £345 but reading your posts put me in 2 minds now lol.... any ideas what to get for my budget

16. The Robin

17. andyb78

andyb78 Engaging Member

thanks mate been looking on that site recently and they got some good deals on ill ring see if they can sort me some sort of package

18. The Robin

Yes they are spot on at Redbeck shooting, very helpful and friendly. If you do go make sure you don't drive past and end up asking at the petrol station up the hill where is it :eek::up: