1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Question Bsa Hornet.

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Mike Watkins, Dec 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Mike Watkins

Mike Watkins Woody Woodgate

I would love to have a BSA Hornet PCP but does anyone know if they made a left handed stock?

I can normally cope with a right handed stock but not in this case as it has, and I can’t think of the proper term, a right handed bias wave/comb cheek piece.

AE37E8D6-E9E7-42C9-9F7C-C9EE57E5C206.jpeg

Dr B, louisvanhovell and willo1962 like this.
  2. lone wolf

lone wolf Pro Poster

Hi I'm a lefty and I got on very well with a r hand stock

Have you held it or just expecting it's going to be odd to shoulder

Cracking guns if working as intended with very good barrels

sharpsman likes this.
  3. rkr

rkr Keyboard Hero

I just checked mine and it's almost ambidextrous, it didn't feel bad when I tried it on left side.

Mike Watkins likes this.
  4. JLB

JLB Busy Member

The early ambi Scorpion stock will fit if you can find one. I had mine from John Knibbs £60 I think.

John :)

SlugFest and Mike Watkins like this.
  5. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Top Poster

Comb is the word yer looking for buddy, Monte Carlo (roll over) etc are just different styles... :thumb:

Mike Watkins likes this.
  6. Mike Watkins

To be honest no, l haven’t shouldered one yet but because of that comb I was expecting it not to be comfortable. Did your stock have the comb?

I’ve heard that they are cracking guns which is why I would like one. Cheers.

7. Mike Watkins

If I could find one like yours I’d be more than happy. Thanks

8. LA.Pro/elite

LA.Pro/elite Active Member

My favourite pcp the Hornet.
    I fitted a Huma reg in my .177 carbine,after the original one started acting up.
    I get 80+ shots from a 220 bar fill.
    Well worth having in any collection.
    Les..

9. grumpy

grumpy Engaging Member

Excellent guns and well worth keeping if you get one , as above the regulators tend to go on them and my sons Hornet now has a Lane regulator as it really isn't worth trying to sort the BSA reg.

Mike Watkins and LA.Pro/elite like this.
  10. willo1962

willo1962 Big Poster

Love my Ultra MMC but that Hornets Schnabel for end looks lovely. I think I was lucky with the grain on my beech stock
    IMG_20201027_130938.jpg

11. Colesy

Colesy Engaging Member

Hi. I have had a Hornet for many years and am left handed and the stock is fine, no roll over, so just no raised cheek piece on the right of the stock but not an issue whatsoever for me and a superb rifle. Hope this helps.
    Cheers
    Chris.

willo1962 and louisvanhovell like this.
  12. scoie

scoie Posting Addict

another thumbs up for the Hornet from me,:thumb: huma reg and biiig air cylinder , loads of shots and more importantly accurate as an accurate thing . I had a single shot .22 a few years ago and foolishly sold it so won't make the same mistake with this one

Attached Files:

Mike Watkins and willo1962 like this.
  13. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

Arrggghhh MMC, cast out the devil, bury it with angle iron through its action at a crossroads at midnight, arrggghhh.....

willo1962 likes this.
  14. willo1962

willo1962 Big Poster

I am use to mine and know no better but it definitely is NOT micro movement cocking. It says with just a dab of the fingers... lmao. I have often thought mine needs adjusting as it probably takes about 5lb to cock

Super-20 likes this.
  15. sharpsman

sharpsman Very Active

For my money the best PCP BSA have made admittedly the regs gave problems but easily replaced with a lane one

Mike Watkins and willo1962 like this.
  16. Mike Watkins

Yes thanks Chris, very helpful. When I first started looking at the Hornet I assumed, quite wrongly, that they all had a rollover cheek piece so it’s good to know that, that isn’t the case. Cheers, Mike.

Colesy likes this.
  17. Mike Watkins

Very nice.

If you do want to make the same mistake twice, then let me know and I’ll buy it off you :thumb:

18. El Caro

El Caro Big Poster

Before the Hornet stocks were made by Minelli they were produced in Turkey to a pattern made by JB. The preproduction prototypes with JBs stocks were field tested by my predecessor, Vic, who was left handed. JB made the stock left hand friendly rather than ambidextrous:).

Colesy and Mike Watkins like this.
  19. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

From memory I think these are fairly flat/ambidextrous anyway. If not I have a bear tooth cheek piece adjustable kit you can use. Forum donation

Mike Watkins likes this.
  20. Patrick

Patrick Donator

I think it's termed a roll over comb/cheekpiece.

Mike Watkins likes this.