1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Bsa Fill Valve Won't Seal

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Wayne Dunstan, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Wayne Dunstan

Wayne Dunstan Posting Addict

Have replaced the orings on the fill valve of my goldstar se. Now when I try filling with air it just comes straight back out. I followed xtx video for servicing the valve am I missing something Should I be lubricating something or should I decrease the parts? Please help wasted a lot of air so far with no joy.

2. RedKen

RedKen Me head's a shed.

Should be of interest to me. Mines just decided to leak from the inlet. It looks fairly straight forward.

3. TinCan Tony

TinCan Tony Next video please

I feel your pain, Wayne. I had a similar problem with Mrs TinCan's BSA MK1 Scorpion a few days ago and a very good member of the forum helped me out - in your neck of the woods, too...

https://www.airgunforum.co.uk/commu...problem-with-mrs-tincans-bsa-scorpion.247050/

I'm sure they'll be someone on here who can help you out too. Good luck.

4. SteveO

SteveO Account Parked

I don't know anything about the fill valves on this model, they are totally different to previous BSA incarnations - foreign!

Is this the one?

large-goldstar-se-filler-assembly.jpg

TinCan Tony likes this.
  5. Wayne Dunstan

That's the one, there's only a couple of parts to it really. I've changed the o rings put it back together but now the valve won't seal air just comes out. I'm baffled not sure what I've done wrong.

6. Wayne Dunstan

15324545061262066449136.jpg That's it stripped, should I maybe be using some lubricant on the parts I'm lost, only video is xtx and done that but just won't hold air when I put it back together.

7. SteveO

SteveO Account Parked

Wayne, take the valve out again and check you haven't ripped the seal going over the threads, use some silicone grease, just a smear on your fingers and coat the seals.

Drop of gun oil on the metal to metal parts, don't get the grease in the valve.

Rebuild the valve and carefully try and let some air through it before refitting to see if the valve opens, obviously be safe, don't blast it!

8. Wayne Dunstan

Thank you SteveO done what you said also removed button gauge and replaced that seal seems to be holding air give it a couple days and see if the leak is fixed.

SteveO likes this.
  9. Wayne Dunstan

Think I no what might be causing the problem now. When I put the dust cap back on, and try to turn it. I can hear air escaping seems to be moving the gauge. Looks like it needs some lubricant to stop it gripping the gauge.

Deejayuu likes this.
  10. RedKen

RedKen Me head's a shed.

Just stripped mine this morning. Unlike any of the others on here. Under the bottom of the filler is an allen screw with an o ring. Undoing it doesn't reveal anything and there appears to be no non return stuff to refurb. The bigger o ring which seals the filler in the cylinder body was well chewed, so replaced that. Refilled and all seems well. Just find it hard to get my head around though. Pity I didn't have the camera handy.

11. RedKen

RedKen Me head's a shed.

Still holding a full head of steam. Still can't work out how though.

TinCan Tony likes this.
  12. TinCan Tony

Because it's not leaking, maybe ;)

Sounding good so far :thumb:

13. Wayne Dunstan

Mines still holding air as well. Off up the range with it Monday hopefully

TinCan Tony and SteveO like this.
  14. Coggie

Coggie Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me the o ring sizes I need to do this?

15. TinCan Tony

Can you upload a photo of the end of the air cylinder.

In my experience with Mrs TinCan's Scorpion, the size does not have to be precise, as long as it's a snug fit. :thumb:

Here's a slightly over-sized one I fitted, but it worked perfectly...

O Ring 3.jpg

16. Coggie

Coggie Well-Known Member

No, I mean to do a service on the full inlet valve assembly on the BSA Gold Star SE. So I think it is three or four O Rings I need for the full assembly service. My Valvr is like Wayne's shown above.

17. TinCan Tony