1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

BSA Airsporter stutzen mainspring removal

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by David, Jun 23, 2007.

1. David

David Engaging Member

Hi everyone

Is there someone who can tell me how to open up a BSA airsporter stutzen so that I can replace the main spring and seals..... the trigger housing is cast alluminium and is somehow connected to the rest of the gun, I cant tell if it is screwed on or push-and-twist. I am more curious how BSA made these guns than to attemped to dismantle the gun personaly but I would still like to know

Thankyou for looking

David

2. Mick Dundee

Mick Dundee Engaging Member

BSA

It should unscrew mate. Is there a hole in the trigger unit? About three eighths of an inch? If I remember rightly, you put a bar through this as a lever to get it started. BUT! Anything can happen when it comes free! Depends on the spring pressure.

3. David

David Engaging Member

Thankyou Mick Dundee

Yes there is a hole in the trigger unit, And I find it interesting that it is screwed on instead of being held in place with a pin....... Ill take your warning and allow a gunsmith to replace the mainspring and seals, at least it will be chronoed to 12ftlb or under

Many thanks David

4. chris_1982

chris_1982 Active Member

Hi there david, i live not far from you and own a similar bsa gun, the chap who owns the wiltshire shooting centre in devizes told me to put a bar through the hole by the trigger and put the gun in a vice, then twist. My piston spring is stuck in the cocked position and i'm too scared to undo it! I'm after any advise anyone has regarding my issue.

5. David

David Engaging Member

Hi chris

I know the place is that the Ranges in devizes, brought my first air rifle there, nice place, I go to the Mendip Shooting ground for target practice and hft competions cool place to go to

I have replied to your post on your problem with your gun and would recommend you take it to a gunsmith as im sure others on this forum would advise

Cheers

David

6. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Airsporter

Hi, Watch out for pre-load,unscrew the end block with the action wrapped up in a doubled up towel.

7. georgegardner

georgegardner Newbie

does anyone know which way the seals go round