1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Brocock now under the same banner as Daystate.

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by bhodge, Mar 9, 2014.

1. bhodge

bhodge Posting Addict

Just watched a YouTube video of a press release about Brocock becoming part of the same organisation that owns Daystate...
    It was on the Blackpool air rifles Facebook page.

2. Steve K

Steve K Posting Addict

Yes it's true, Daystate got bought out a few years ago, they didn't want to admit it at the time, and now brocock, i think Diana owns Marrochi, who own Daystate and now Brocock?

There are very few British air gun makers left now, AA and Phoenix i think?

Why can't the British companies make it on their own?

I think my favourites are still the German offerings ;)

3. essex sniper

essex sniper Banned

Daystate got better when it was sold hopefully brocock will do the same

4. clbarclay

clbarclay Engaging Member

I have a theory that the typical modern English psyche doesn't lend its self well to mass production. Its good for a lot of things but that just ain't one of them. That's not to say we can't do it well, but it needs a step change in how we approach it.

A few years ago I visited Ricoh's facility in Telford with Uni, which had gone from being about the worst performing facility in the company to one of the most efficient having taken on the Japanese at their own game, adopting and tailoring a lot of their philosophies. One flip side though as a mate described it, was like walking round doctor evils layer. Everyone from top management down wore the same pajama overalls and over boots (anti static). Also one lecturer was often muttering about Muda for a while afterwards. I'm not sure if he was referring to equipment lying around or the students.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  5. critter

critter Donator

I don't own any of these guns but do like to know where my money is going when I purchase something.

6. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

Sad but investors and owners like money instead of names! Funny how people forget Impact when it comes to British air rifle manufacturers though. ISP too!

7. jesim1

jesim1 Kit bitch to the Stars

Usually they sell because either they cannot make it on their own or they want to grow but do not have the resources. It can often be a good thing, just look what happened when Tata bought Jaguar a while back, it left them alone but gave then a wad of cash that would choke a cow, and the talented people at Jaguar put it to good use. When owned by Ford the same company was stifled into producing high volume lower quality cars that people did not associate with Jaguar, it went so poorly they sold Jaguar, which looking at it now was the best thing for them. Let's hope that Brocock will benefit from the injection of some cash and a large increase in buying power and put it to good use. We don't want another Daystate, we want a better quality, though not necessarily cheaper, Brocock offering.

James

8. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

Au contraire mon ami, the Jaguars of the 1970s were low quality high volume piles of parts!

9. Wild Bill

Wild Bill co2 Enthusiast, HW97, K98 owner

Sleaford, Lincolnshire and Wales sometimes.
    Daystate are rubbish quality these days compared to their older guns. I wouldn't touch one with a bargepole. Air Arms all the way for me. Oh and German springers. ;)

10. vitalich

vitalich Keyboard Hero

The time to start another Holly War: AA vs DS !

:)

The brocock now is mid range of it's quality.

At first, when brocock was playing with the cartriges conversions, it was almost an aerospace quality level.
    the old logan clones was simply great,
    Next the quality fall down to the ground and enigma was the worth gun you can imagine
    Now the brocock sells guns which shoots out of box ok, but likely to be blueprinted

But the aftersales and customer support need a big push (I would say a big @$$ kick) to turn it's face to clients.

Hope that New cash injection can help to improve quality, model range and customer care system

11. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Intersting.. I'd never have guessed that would happen.

Marocchi seem to have pretty much left Daystate to their own devices (although I have my suspicions about their involvement with the Huntsman Classic, which IMO was - although superior on paper in many ways - nowhere near the design or build quality of the Mk2).

I agree about the reasons why companies get bought out.. on the one hand the market is tough, Brocock are reasonably new to it, they have a rep for terrible customer service, their guns are crude and often poorly-finished; so they could be struggling. Conversely their range has grown significantly in the last year or two and their smaller offerings are pretty much unique, so they may just be seeking funds for further expansion.

Finally I suspect the founders are getting on a bit now; perhaps they've just sold up and moved onward into retirement.

Will be interesting to see if there's any descernable change in the quality of their products..

12. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

What a Suprise - Was Talking to Nigel Silcock on Friday Evening -

Sure the Extra investment will help their Range -

As the New 30 m Tubed guns are working well with owners on my club Ranges

BOB/R

13. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

Finally I suspect the founders are getting on a bit now; perhaps they've just sold up and moved onward into retirement.

Will be interesting to see if there's any descernable change in the quality of their products..

Nigel is Only in his 40's - it was his Father and elder Bother that started the Company
    Release states will be staying on

Expect will continue with Cathy on Sales -

BOB/R

14. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

AA s200 is cz :( that's one more off the list

15. Wild Bill

Wild Bill co2 Enthusiast, HW97, K98 owner

Sleaford, Lincolnshire and Wales sometimes.
    Always had been though.

16. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Yeh I thought it just made aa less British :) I still like aa rifles though :D

17. Steve K

Steve K Posting Addict

That's a matter of opinion, i've been buying Daystates for years and own a lot of them now, i wouldn't say they got better, the guns are a bit more blingy now, but the build quality has been going down hill for a long time and the quality control isn't good.

I'd definitely agree with that Andy, my last one was another Wolf a couple a couple of years ago, it was a real lemon, it was literally falling apart, eventually after a battle with the shop and Daystate, i got a replacement with a select stock. It's a peach of a gun but, i had to battle to get what i'd paid for. It left a bad taste, and my opinion of Daystate went down a bit. They're nice guns , but i think way over priced ;)