1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Britain needs guns

Discussion in 'Links' started by Andy, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

2. Buzz

Buzz Banned

He right, but it won't make any difference, hand guns aren't coming back. We have 12 bores in the safe and if anybody gets in here they can expect problems.

3. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

well yes but thing is in a normall mugging and so on usually the criminal (if he isnt an idiot) will:
    1. already have a wepon ready
    2. will hide and jump on somone from behind
    3. will get them while they least expect it

if you are getting muged the person will asume you are armed so will either just kill you then and there or will hold you at gun point so you cant draw your own wepon.

so unless we all go about with our gun in out hands ready to roll then they arent much help.

and as for home burglaries criminals are way to smart these days, they wait till you actually leave the house and do it in the day time:rolleyes:

and whats thin going to do?

you have kids on your drive beting seven bells of crap out of your car so you run out with a shotgun to blow the b*****s buttoks off only chances are being criminals they will have a better gun than you and also theres a big gang of them so basicly you will soon be turned into mince meat:rolleyes:

. i love the crime free country:D

4. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Criminals don't obey laws it's true, HOWEVER they will have guns and use them for crime regardless of whether they're legal and there's a system for them or not. I don't see how legal handgun ownership will solve anything, guess what, this country is experiencing higher levels of crime now than over recent years because we're over-crowded, there are more people than before who would use a gun for crime. Has anybody ever thought about that?

I think that legalising handguns would be a bad way to go, if civilians can own them, then our Police forces must carry them in order to keep the balance. If we go that way, we'll end up like the US which would be no good thing!

The way this country currently is, we don't need handguns, so why should we have them?

5. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

could make sproting guns like shotguns and soon easier to get.

i meant really all you need is to protect your property so dont need a little cosealed gun.

i mean if you get mugged you'r going to get ambushed so no gun in your pocket will help you there

6. Buzz

Buzz Banned

Shotguns aren't difficult to get anyway A1....easy peasy, send your paperwork off and get a shotgun in about 4 weeks.

7. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

yea fair enough:up:

but over 3 rounds and you'er in FAC i believe?

anyway thats all one would need if protecting your house was the plan.

8. Buzz

Buzz Banned

2 cartridges would be all that's needed a1 and anyway, 2 more can be loaded in less than a couple of seconds. The bang alone would be enough for the police to get real good DNA profile from the trail of Censored !!

I don't believe having the same gun laws as the States would be a bad thing, I certainly would vote for their legal system.

9. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

yea we could go hunting with machine guns:D

you know what them pigeons are like
    be good to have something with the power to take them all down on the wing:D

10. Buzz

Buzz Banned

You mean like my 12 bore :eek:

11. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

more fun to pepper the sky with 100's of rounds per minuet than blasting a few 12 bores in the air:rolleyes::D

12. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

You're joking, right? Their legal system is a mess, you can sue someone for calling you a rude name, or just about, is that what you want? We're going that way anyway, we've all seen those ridiculous ads on the tv where that woman with the fringe slips on a wet floor and gets compensation!

13. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

cog its the same here, you call someone a name and they sue you
    you dont need to go to america for that to happen

14. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

It's not quite that bad, there still have to be reasons for it, in America you can just about sue for ANYTHING and I mean anything, have you ever seen Judge Judy :D (I don't want that) :up:

15. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

Cog your wrong, it is happening here, sometime I don't think you live in the real world.

16. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

normally you say that about me :wave:

oooo look a unicorn:D

erm anyway.
    we not alowed to call people obese any more because its offencive:rolleyes:
    instead we say, liable to more personal space or somethn daft:D

17. Buzz

Buzz Banned

No, I'm not joking. We have kids round here that are up towards their 90th arrest for car theft and they're still out and driving...that doesn't happen in America, slapped wrists for burgulary doesn't happen in America. Their jails are what they should be, not luxury hotels like ours and their Police don't stand the crap ours do. That's scratched the surface..need I carry on??<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

18. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

daeth row for one thing.

the guy that ran over my great aunt got a £700 fine and a few points (not even enough to lose the licence)

this is a hit and run BTW!
    also his witness comes in wearing riped jeans. they dont give a flying monkeys:mad:

19. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

We have crime, lots of it, but we don't have masses of gun crime, most people carry a piece in the US, and if you're carrying a gun then you're more likely to use it, same with knives.

When it comes to jails, and sentencing, America have got it right in that when you're sent down, you serve that time without perole or any chance of getting out early. If you behave badly, you're given more time behind bars. So in that respect you could be right.

That's all good if you believe that the jail system works, personally I don't, but what other alternatives do we have?

20. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

Hang em, short and sweet