1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Boredom 12fpe

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by linusridge, Aug 11, 2018.

1. linusridge

linusridge Engaging Member

Does anybody wish they could shoot further....be honest?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Rincewind666 likes this.
  2. john79

john79 Post Whore

no takes the stalking skill out of hunting?

3. Rincewind666

Rincewind666 Donator

Tbh I think 18ft/lb would be idea as our legal limit . . . . Just that ex5ra 20/40 yards would be great

4. hughlle

hughlle Big Poster

Of course. Reality though is that I can't, 49 yards max, so 12ftlv is fine for me right now.

I have to say though, for me, it is not so much the enhanced range, but I would just like the added power allowing for me not to have to be so anak about the absolute perfect shot placement. Yes, I'm not a fantastic shot when it comes to lice quarry, so easy way out please :D

Sanguinius likes this.
  5. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent God

Nobody would choose sub 12ftlb were it not for the stupid law that draws the legal line at that power level.

evenbad, Jonny86, r10hunter and 3 others like this.
  6. milek

milek Honorary Member

Having spent 6 years learning the characteristics of the 12ftlb for HFT I sincerely hope it doesn't change.

Guloluseus and john79 like this.
  7. Pete236

Pete236 Little member

I would love to be reliable and accurate out to 60 yards, the extra distance and fps would make a huge difference on my permissions. Both of my spots have next to zero cover, which makes stalking very difficult and frustrating!

gasman, DRAGONBAIT666 and linusridge like this.
  8. linusridge

Well put mate, just trying to get a feeling for 12FPE community

9. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent God

Another plus point of everyone having more power is that the calibre debate would swing totally in favour of .22, which is of course superior to 177.

Jonny86, pjgtech, gasman and 2 others like this.
  10. linusridge

Loving this

11. Tinbum

Tinbum Donator

We have a generous limit compared to many countries, and we are allowed to use them for hunting which is forbidden in plenty of places. I think our laws have been here long enough for us to be able to man-up and accept them, and our freedoms of use and ownership are to be cherished.

FAC air isn't about extending range by much, just having a little more power when it hits. Frankly if you're after range get a .17hmr:cool:

12. Baldalot

Baldalot Post Whore

Honestly? Yes, there are times when I wish I could reach out a bit further to get to the rabbits that sit beyond my comfortable range. But I'm content with what we have, in general.

mr rooney and talent like this.
  13. Oat

Oat Spud guns rule

Further, no. .22lr or 17hmr is what you need for hunting further than 40yd. Meanwhile, i can plink to 100yd quite happily with PCP and springer of either cal.
    More power to effect more damage when hunting, yes.

Artfull-Bodger likes this.
  14. Pete236

Pete236 Little member

Having a .22 that behaves like a .177 out to 40 yards would be rather nice as well...
    But I think I would still favour the .177, I like the challenge of less margin for error around the kill zone more than the challenge of getting the range exact to within a few inches. And for some very weird reason, I find .22 pellets more difficult to load!

DRAGONBAIT666 likes this.
  15. hughlle

hughlle Big Poster

I utterly disagree. I cannot stand behind the idea of being thankful for X just because it isn't Y. It is damned hard to have any kind of fun outdoors in this country without falling foul of some piece of legislation. I'm not fussed about a country with a 6ftlb limit, I'm fussed about this country, and things are just getting worse and worse, such as with the current gun review thing. What do they take after they've nabbed the 50 cal and such?

evenbad, zeeco, Hiram and 11 others like this.
  16. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Big Poster

Wouldn’t need to effect you though, nothing to say that if the limit were 18fpe then you need to run yer rifle at the full potential...

Much the same as it is now really...

Hiram likes this.
  17. tinmanofkent

tinmanofkent God

Isn’t there an optimum power for a .22 air rifle around 26-28ftlb of power based on typical barrel twist rate and length?

18. Spray1Mark

Spray1Mark Post Whore

I wish there was absolutely no wind whilst I was shooting (airgun) that way I could shoot further more consistently!

Andrew and Devonair like this.
  19. bucketboy

bucketboy Post Whore

Just swap over to .22

20. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Big Poster

“Generous” is not a word I’d have used to describe our limit if I’m honest...

evenbad, Shooter22, mrtho and 2 others like this.