1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Blowback Pistols?

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by Ichabod Armacost, May 2, 2014.

1. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

Good morning fellow shootists!:)

I have been looking for a blowback pistol that is lead pellet firing, not steel ***, I have hunted around the internet, but so far have had no luck in finding one. Is there such a beast? If I can't find one, I think I will have to wait until the Dan Wesson Pellet revolvers hit the shops. That is my alternative choice, but I would prefer a multi shot blow back jobbie.

Cheers all.

2. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

Ray,
    Following your message and my reply -

I doubt if a pellet Blowback would make it in UK - But blowback looks and feels impressive but it does use CO2 and fires less shots per CO2

There was a Desert Eagle - From Umarex with 8 Shot Magazines - was lucky to get 3- 4 magazines per CO2 Bulb - Depending on How Fast you can fire it

Most ecconomical Blow Back is the Umarex Race Pistol - Half Blow Back to load - Great Fun

Have one in my Collection - New Batch Earlier ones did have metal issues - I have 6mm - does come in .177 Ball

Would be worth checking out the Redwolf Air Soft Event in the midlands - later this year -

Information on their UK Website

Safe Shooting

BOB/R

3. gunsnlandies

gunsnlandies Posting Addict

4. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

Sorry Ray , Just checked location - and noticed down in the West Country -

Originally though Midlands -

BOB/R

5. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

Yes Bob, down in dear old Devon!............I got your PM, and I will be getting back to you on that shortly.

Cheers, Ray.

6. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

Thanks Brian, yes that looks very interesting, I have just been on to Highland, and they will be having some more in about the end of the month, I checked on the store locator, and all that comes up from my post code is a perishing Gym in Barnstaple!!!:confused:

Oh well, back to the hunt:D

7. Bazmati2020

Bazmati2020 Engaging Member

8. Ben 36

Ben 36 Active Member

Ichabod, there are three pellet blowbacks around at present the Umarex PX4 and the Gamo P25 and 85. There's also the CX4 if you fancy a carbine.

All the pistols above do have blowback which cocks the hammer but it doesn't index the magazine, the trigger does that. Not to worry though the triggers are fine.

They have a drop out stick magazine with an 8 shot rotary drum at each end. Basically they're revolvers with self cocking hammers.

The Gamos go for under £100, the Umarex is £160 odd, personally I'd stick with the Gamo.

By the way that ASG thing is exactly the same, but £40 more.

9. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

Yes that looks like a lot of fun, especially for garden plinking, I haven't got a garden suitable for shooting an air rifle, it is far too full of vegetative obstructions to make it sensible to even try, but pistol plinking and a bit of paper popping is no problem.

10. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

Thanks Ben, I will make a note of those, and have a look around the interweb and see what I think. The other possibility is the new Dan Wesson 357 copy that will shoot pellets as opposed to Bee-Bees.......I had to type it like that because there is some weird filter on this forum that wont let me type B and a B together!:confused::D

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  11. Ben 36

Ben 36 Active Member

Honestly though I wouldn't be too hung up on pellets, especially not if it's an accuracy thing. My TFW is more accurate than any of the pellet pistols I've got. Plus there's always the option of using lead ball. I catuiosly use Gamo balls but H&N should be fine.

12. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

Hi Ben, Well to my way of thinking, pellets fly better and faster, plus I already have 'em so no need to buying extra, plus steel Bee-Bees ricochet all over the place. I seem to remember that H&N do copper coated lead balls, and I have seen the Gammo lead balls today on me hunting around the internet. I am still thinking about what I might like best, but I think a pistol that I can use at home will a good move.

13. gixxer

gixxer Posting Addict

I bought an rws c 225 target model with the longer barrel. Initially i was quite impressed however it only shot at half power by trigger action alone and full power if you manually cocked the hammer back before pulling trigger so I had it modified to fire at full power on the trigger alone action .
    Found it pretty accurate and very well made .
    had a bit of fun with it initially but pistols weren't my thing .
    Blow back look interesting but I think as co2 as it gets used drops of power in succession the blow back may zap more power on top of co2 normal loss?.
    i use copper *** in my top score 175 and daisy 99 ,but only shoot at a target of material ,hence it doesn't re bound as they are known to do and drop in the hem I set up on so re usable.
    a mate bought his son a dan Wesson looks great performs well too.
    forget blow back and get a BSA scorpion they seem to recoil better than blow back for that manly action. But arnt multi shot ,shame.

14. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

Hi Marty,

Well I just thought that a blow back pistol or a revolver might be a bit of fun at home, I just bought a Webley Tempest, (a Brummy one) from a forum member, and will have that on Tuesday, but I bought that for nostalgic reasons.........That Scorpion pistol is a Fugly looking gun!:D Plus the fact that you need to move it around on wheels!

15. gixxer

gixxer Posting Addict

They are big and a tag bugly but I love mine, the pistols do feel nice to plink with. Tempest wise it should be good ,I have one in 5.6 and a hurricane in same ,rws hobbies are stunning in them. I think out of all the pistols I love the Webleys,not keen on the BSA 240 mag I have .but the scorpion is king of the jungle. Nom mom .
    if you get hobbies or superdomes in .22 and your tempest is 5.6 not 5.5 place pellet skirt down on lid with a drip of oil and place finger on top and rub it around on tin lid adding weight to increase skirt dia . Works a treat. Adda few fps too.great .
    SCORPION. Mmmmmmmmm

16. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

The Tempest is a .177 jobbie, gonna try those 5 grain U-Bolts in it to see what I can up the FPS to? I have some other fancy pellets to try in it as well courtesy of another forum member who I believe is a bit miffed with me at the moment?:)

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but a Scorpion Marty??? Honestly???

17. ratharvester

ratharvester Donator

I 've a cz75 p-09 duty on order from my local rfd since start of april,hopefully will see it mid May.I will try it out and post my findings.I tried the gamo pt85 at the shooting show in Feb and thought it a little bulky but price was good hopefully this will be to my liking,I don't usually buy without handling first,it'll be like a blind date lol :)

18. DaveF

DaveF Busy Member

I got an umarex Heckler & Koch P30 does pellets and BB not blow back. fun for a while but eventually disapointed. power / accuracy not that good only good to 10 yards max - i compared it to few pistols up my club, for fun the tanfoglio witness seemed by far the best fun most accurate and powerful pistol but only fires Bee Bees. if i was buying again for fun plinking i would go for that rather than a pellet pistol. pellet pistol wise i like the webley alecto or hw45 but you talking a lot more money

dave

19. gixxer

gixxer Posting Addict

Big is beautiful, manly hands and nigella L, carol v and the scorpion all come to mind ,for diff reasons but all are a handful and give great pleasure to the handler if used correctly.
    the scorpion however lacks a phut box .

20. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

My goodness, you have got a fertile imagination!.............and I suppose the Scorpion has to have one redeeming feature!:D