1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Bkl Scope Mounts For The Bsa R10 Mk2

Discussion in 'Night Vision Optics' started by Peter John Boyse, Apr 15, 2019 at 11:04 AM.

1. Peter John Boyse

Peter John Boyse Engaging Member

Sorry, this question may have been already done to death.

Can any R10 Mk2 Owners confirm or otherwise if the BKL Scope mounts fit the R10 Rail?

I only ask as I don’t have a local dealer I can go to to purchase and will have to purchase mail order.

Thanks in advance.

2. pbrown

pbrown Bunghole

3. Peter John Boyse

Yes indeed, I already know that.

The issue is with the R10 rail size. There appears to be differing opinions on the actual rail dimension. I have no way to accurately measure it.

Sorry if that appears to be dumb answer.

Blue BSA likes this.
  4. jimiles

jimiles Active Member

Peter, I've just put a digital caliper across my R10 rail and it measures 12.8mm if this helps.

5. Peter John Boyse

Thank you, I did physically measure it at 13mm but I believe the internal dovetail inner measurement is 10.8mm (as specified by BSA)

I know all this sounds a nonsense and If I had a local dealer that stocked these, I could go a try.

I was sort of hoping that there was an R10 owner that may have these mounts and just say yay or nay.

Apparently the BLK mounts are specified to fit 9 to 11mm rail but can also be slightly expanded.

I’m just not happy with my current Sports Match mounts which are slightly canted and just looking for something better.

6. pbrown

pbrown Bunghole

Do you have a ruler or tape measure?

[​IMG]

7. Douglas Soal

Douglas Soal Donator

BKL mounts do fit BSA rails, but you do have to use the widening process for sure, for some reason BSA rails are slightly wider.

8. Peter John Boyse

Thanks Douglas, just the answer required.

As for the other response.... Yes, I am a mechanical engineer (45 years) and familiar with a tape measure. However, that wasn’t what I was asking. :)

9. pbrown

pbrown Bunghole

The other response was trying to help, nice attitude. Noted for the future and good luck, my word you're going to need it. :up:

10. jesim1

jesim1 Big Poster

Peter - there are BSA 13mm dovetail rings available from both Sportsmatch and BSA, some of them are designed so you mount the rings one way for an 11mm rail and turn them round for a 13mm rail. Also as above, BKL do fit, but I was nervous trying the widening process and think a far cheaper option is the correct mounts in the first place as BKL do not recommend their mounts for a 13mm rail anywhere, you won't find a mention of it in their bumf.

Marky-Boy likes this.
  11. Peter John Boyse

Many many thanks for that.

I think after your advice, I just might be wasting my time with BLK.

Based on your recommendation, it looks like Sportsmatch to be the best option.

Thanks again.

12. Pete236

Pete236 Little Member

I've gone for Sportsmatch for my R1/ simply because I don't know if I will keep it for long, and I didn't want to splash out on BKL's.
    But I think that BKL do some for the BSA scope rail, as some powered burners also have a larger dovetail.
    @Vard used BKL's on his I believe.

From memory, BSA use a 13mm (external measurement) for their rails, and no one seems to know why!

13. jesim1

jesim1 Big Poster

14. Peter John Boyse

Plus Pete236 /Jesim1 / pbrown and all others who offered advice. (Sorry, don’t know how to quote all)

Many thanks guys, advice taken and gone for Sportsmatch. Perfect fit, now 100% secure, and no “No Tilt”.

Plus a very special thanks to Ace23 (Tony) who supplied this lovely scope in the first place.

Thanks again. (The finished product below) “Sorted”

[​IMG]

15. jesim1

jesim1 Big Poster

That was quick :eek:

Lovely looking gun, most people don't realise BSA take different mounts and end up with cant, I'm glad your sorted now :thumb:

As an aside, where did you get the bottle clamp for the bipod? And the multi quote option is the +Quote button in the bottom right of the posts - click the ones you want and then hit reply on the very last one and then it gives you options to fit them in - have a play with it, you will be like a kid with a new toy:D

16. Peter John Boyse

Thanks for teach-in for “Quotes” very handy.

The bottle clamp is a EBay Special (Hard Plastic) so no damage to the bottle and works very well. The bi-pod is also a Chinese copy of the Atlas. (Not for the hard and fast shooters) but ok for the amateurs like me. Both were less than £30.

jesim1 likes this.
  17. Thewelshwonder

Thewelshwonder Engaging Member

How do you load your magazines with the side wheel attached?

18. Peter John Boyse

I don’t, I take the wheel off (no screws) just a push fit.

Thewelshwonder likes this.