1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Bisley Magnum.....Surprise.

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by Fog, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Fog

Fog Engaging Member

I tried these years ago but was not impressed but i bought a tin of .22 today.
    At .22 5,5mm i was plesently surprised how clean they where.
    Not everyone offcoarse, name me a tin without a few dodgy ones but it seemed to keep its path well and i liked it.

Anyone else use these for hunting. There is a 'Bisley Vermin' . :confused:

2. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

got a trajectory like a brick:(

3. topcat

topcat Post Whore

bisley mags

i have used them in the past in 177 done agreat job hardley any runners but made the trajectory like a 20 usinng airarms much flatter

4. Fog

Fog Engaging Member

I agree with all above but for some reason they where fine:confused:

5. Fog

Fog Engaging Member

Just brought the Air Arms Field and they are half the weight.
    I think the Magnums would only be good for more:gossip: Gun.

6. topcat

topcat Post Whore

bis mags

you should find the airarms pellets up there has clean killers with the mags soft lead just mushroom on impact it was once thought bisley mags being slightly pointed would tumble on impact doing alot of damage

7. magicaxeman

magicaxeman Member

I use both the AA fields and bisley superfields.. I really like the superfields.. lighter than the magnum and with that little dimple in the end.. they shoot great and cant fault them for killing power

8. Fog

Fog Engaging Member

The Magnums i have found good at short range -25 yards but considerably drop after that.
    They do hit with impact as a few squirrels in the bag shot clean through the head proove it.
    I do like a heavy pellet but i think that reduces your distance for accuracy. but short range like above i was so amazed how accurate they where. On a still day i use a .177 for long distance but then when is it often a still day over here and you can bet you are working that day

I like the sound of those bisley fields. How much lighter are they?

9. Fog

Fog Engaging Member

Tried a great variety of pellets and the AA Diablo Field for me came out tops. The Bisley Magnum at short range though create huge damage to the quarry.
    great foe 20 yard squirrel, but over that the diablo's where tops at 30, 40, 50 yards.
    In fact at 60 yards i was hitting inside a pound coin. None of the others where capable of this consistantly.

10. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Bis mag

Mags are great on windy days.

11. custom100

custom100 Well-Known Member

i used bisley mags in .22 a few years ago and for dropping rabbits instantly you cant beat them...it,s because of the drop that people dont like them, but if you know your aim points for that particular pellet then they are just as accurate as most of the top brands...if not better and less affected by wind...45 or 50 yd rabbits dont run off ....they just drop to the floor...what they are like in .177/4.51 i cannot say as a hav,nt used them but in .22/5.51 they imo are top pest control pellets.....

12. chris_1982

chris_1982 Active Member

The first pellets i used were bisley premiers, i thought they were great, i then tried crosman accupells and realised how bad the bisleys were. They are so heavy, there's a significant drop even at short distances. Accupells are much better in my gun.

13. sharpshooterpete

sharpshooterpete Donator

i first tried crosman accupells and loved 'em, i then tried bisley long range gold and then went back to accupells after testing them both.

accupells seem to be affected by wind more but with ranges up to 50 yards on a perfect day you can't beat them.

bisley long range gold are very accurate but seem to have a lot of drop after 30 yards or so.

i still haven't found anything better than crosman accupells, i don't really need to either, they do what i need them to do and thats enough for me.

pete.

14. Daimler42

Daimler42 Member

Hi, I think I agree that Bisley Mags are great for anything up to 25 yards - over that and they do have quite an arc - I use them all the time in .22 at about 25 yards but sometimes up to 35 yards (still effective) - If I know I'm going to be shooting up to 40 yards I tend to use the Bisley Pests - they have a flatter arc (in my opinion).

15. 12BoreMax=P

12BoreMax=P Post Whore

i used to use bisley magnums all the time , but recently i descoverd a cheeper yet better alternative !

there called diabolo barracudas and there £4.50 a tin in gentys in heartlepool

and i have yet to find a flyer or squashed pellet . was bloody amazed !!:eek:

16. Leeman

Leeman Busy Member

If you have .22 and it is not FAC this pellets are just to heavy.
    if your airgun s FAC this pellets are one of the best, if not the best

17. 12BoreMax=P

12BoreMax=P Post Whore

the spot on in my F.A.C Falcon . lifts the rabbits off the floor at 70 yrds :D

good clean kills too
    :cool: