1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

birthday cards

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by gasman, Apr 25, 2014.

1. gasman

gasman Up a bit,,,,,,,

got a birthday card this morning for Harriet's birthday on Monday and guess what? it had been opened, now I've had this happen four or five times before.
    but why doe's this not happen to other mail like on bill's and junk mail? just birthday card's with the chance of money inside:confused:
    so I put it to you RM why you letting this happen?
    oh and yes I've ran up and complained ,,,,,,for all the good that will do:mad:

2. Pidlar

Pidlar Big Poster

They did our local postie for doing exactly the same thing recently.theiving scumbag.Ive had a few bits of mail go missing over the last few months as well,one of which was a letter telling me that HMRC had mistakenly refunded £300 and wanted it back. OOps!!!!!!
    Regards,Stu

3. Tripleteer

Tripleteer Donator

My wife had two Mother's Day cards opened this year, it's not bound to be the postman though,could be sorting office etc.

4. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

Cards may well contain cash so are likely to attract the wrong kind of attention, however sometimes the glue on the flap is useless and could be the problem. I always use sellotape to make sure they stay sealed.

5. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

^^^^^^ same as above, always tape them up and then it can't happen.

6. edtwozeronine

edtwozeronine Donator

You mean you don't send money for Birthdays via Paypal with and accompanying e-card via email? What do you live in, the dark ages??? :roflmao::laff::thumb:

7. reaper6

reaper6 Banned

Royal Mail more like robbing mail

8. milek

milek Honorary Member

My postman is doing bird for this and I had a nice letter from RM telling me all about his thefts over a six month period. My brother is a postman and he says put birthday cards inside a plain brown envelope.

9. Barcelona68

Barcelona68 Banned

When I was a postie we had to sort all our own round out before delivery.

10. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

Makes me feel really uncomfortable when this sort of thing happens, I obviously don't know who is responsible, but I feel postmen sort of come high on the people we can trust list? To the best of my knowledge, in the 30 years we have lived here in Bideford, nothing like this has ever happened to us. I did have something odd happen the other day concerning a Parcel Farce driver though, when he came to the front door, I was out the back, and has he didn't get an answer to the front door he, came through the side gate to leave the parcel round the back under our patio table, nowt wrong with that I might add. The odd thing was, he didn't want me to sign for it even though he had his signing machine in his hand, I asked him if he had signed it for me and he said no, but thee was no need for me to sign for it, and when I insisted he allow me to do so, he grudgingly let me do it. I do wonder what that was about??

I must say, that apart from the postal deliveries being shifted from bright and early in the morning, to sometime when they can get around to it, I have has nothing but satisfactory service from our post office, and all it's employees.

I don't want to drift the thread, but I just wanted to say that something seems to have changed over the years, since I were a lad, it really was a given that you could implicitly trust people like meter readers, postmen, policemen etc. but I don't really feel that way so much anymore, why is that? Does anyone else feel the same way?

11. Margaret13

Margaret13 Honorary Member

I never have the same postman / post lady twice and never at the same time which can't be good ....Years ago my post was never later then 8am and same postman for years ............. Service gone up in price and down in service :(

12. harry brown

harry brown Banned

My R M postie is fine it's the Parcel force sub-contractor drivers who wind me up. I spent weeks proving to their complaints dept at Milton Keynes that the driver on my route in the Midlands was not doing his job..(Too much to explain Here unless you want five pages of utter crap) And rather than have the guts to admit he was a liar and hadn't even been to my address, his final defense to his bosses was..... I didn't have a letterbox to be able to post a card through or door bell to ring F.F.S! That was easily resolved with a photo of my home complete with letterbox and doorbell! Was he disciplined ...like ****. They agreed he was at wrong but when I asked for him not to deliver my parcels they said I'd have to collect them from their depot miles away....W*****'s.

Sorry O.P off track here, rant over... :mad:

13. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

We had the same posties (two of them) for donkies years, until they changed the delivery times, now it's hardly ever the same one from one day to the next. Perishing PO has lost the plot I think. The PO seems to have forgotten that for a lot of folk especially rural dwellers, the posty was a lot more than just the posty.

Please don't apologise, a good rant now and again is good for you, and entertaining for the rest of us!:D