1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Biggest ripoff in the UK?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by brookesssy, Feb 24, 2012.

1. brookesssy

brookesssy Donator

Hello All, I went into my local tackle shop because they sell a few cleaning kits and a couple of pellets. I wanted to see how much they were instead of buying online (postage boosts price up massively as you all know). They only had some pretty mickey mouse pellets in there. Including milbro caledonians. I know for a fact that the RRP of these do a job pellets is £4.99. These ripoff merchants are charging....

....£12.99. THIRTEEN POUNDS!

Can anyone beat that con?

2. peteb823

peteb823 Posting Addict

I can not beat that :eek: shocking , did you buy any then lol ?

3. Gizza22196

Gizza22196 Guest

id want a big box full with about 50 tins in for that price! they would make some good catapult ammo ;)

4. theobencarbine88

theobencarbine88 Posting Addict

I once bought 500? thunderbolts for £9.99 in my local RFD..bit of a rip off lol. The guy said they were the best pellets he's ever tried & that they were the ultimate hunting pellet blah blah blah. I sold them on ebay for about a fiver a week later after trying to get them into my BSA barrels. I would rather have paid £13 for some pellets i could at least use!

5. brookesssy

brookesssy Donator

Its a small town, I didn't want to upset anyone or make a scene. I might have to go in there when I am desperate for something one day! It is right by the Junction Pool on the Tweed so they rip fishermen off a treat and obviously think they can do the same with shooters! I bought a tin of the Caledonians 10 years ago and paid £4.70. For them to have only gone up by 30p in 10 years is pretty impressive considering the price of lead has gone up 300%!

6. Whiskey500

Whiskey500 Well-Known Member

Those Milbro's are probably that price for a reason you know!

One pound for every year they have been sitting on the shelf!.........

7. Whiskey500

Whiskey500 Well-Known Member

While we are on the subject, Lead is set to go price soaring crazy in the next 10 years as massive quantities of lead will be required for the manufacturing of electric car batteries... Whatch that space unless your in your late 70's.

But do not despare as there are and will be many other alloys to compensate the loss or massive cost of lead, such as zink, maybe sussex sabo's will come back in fasion / to manufacture.

8. brookesssy

brookesssy Donator

Its mad how expensive it is. To put skew stones on a new property You have to put £700 worth of lead into it! Don't make me turn this into a rant about the local planners insisting on stupid things! What about the copper point pellets? Are they a good bet? (not that copper isn't going for a fortune these days too!)

9. calum10203

calum10203 Junior Member

I found some Caledonians earlier, Tried three in my t10 and got literally one at the top of a piece of a4 paper one at the bottom and one in the middle...Good luck hitting,well anything with them! :eek:

10. SteveA

SteveA Engaging Member

the way things are going (£) ill be picking my nose and sticking that in the barrel........ could be deadly... you never know!

11. theobencarbine88

theobencarbine88 Posting Addict

I have a 7KG lump of lead sitting in my shed... maybe in 10 years it will be like having a gold nugget lol

12. Oryctolagus

Oryctolagus Posting Addict

Yes I pay £250 a year for the congestion charge because I live in the zone regardless if I drive or not................... that's a lot of pellets, or half a service at daystate....

13. Bertyb86

Bertyb86 Engaging Member

That's crap mate, bloody government!

14. laurence

laurence Engaging Member

Hehe vintage ! ;)

15. scottie

scottie Scottie

we wll be all making are own pellets soon
    12 quid a tin allmost for air arms at some shops.

16. banger12

banger12 Engaging Member

i think the admin is bored... keeps deleting my posts for NO reason...:down:

17. TheDarkPassenger

TheDarkPassenger Engaging Member

£11.50 for a tin of .177 superdomes at a well known shooting club in Markyate...

£4.75 online.

18. Ianhw77k

Ianhw77k Big Poster

My HW77 doesn't mind Caledonians, mind you I wouldn't actually use them or buy them any more but they were the first pellets I bought for plinking when I got the gun. I actually shot my first rabbit with one:eek: