1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

BIG thanks to Grumps

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Bluefrog, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Bluefrog

Bluefrog Busy Member

Not long back from back in the Lakes on Grumps stomping ground and had a great time as i have at the 3 previous meets. Grumps was a truly great host !

Scenery to dies for, great company meeting old friends from previous meets and new ones too. Many laughs shared, beer drank, utter rubbish talked about round the fire (what else do you talk about) and many laughs shared.

As usual Milek was the forum caterer ensuring no one walked away with food posioning, i got threatened with murder as normal due to my snoring sounding like a chain saw running all night (so they said but i never heard a thing).

What made my weekend and i truly mean this was seeing a RED SQUIRREL on the Saturday not 5 yards from where i was standing. Ive never seen one of these creatures before and i could have walked away then being happy. Seconds after the squirrel went (and it was watching us for a good 5/10 mins) a Stag appeared at the top of the hill/mountain/huge thing above us for just a few seconds ... looked like something you would see on the label of a whisky bottle !

Turned out Grumps had the only working mobile phone as the rest of us could not get signal ... so his phone became known as the FORUM PHONE.

After 4 hours and a detour off the motorway due to an accident, im missing the place already. I WILL BE BACK THAT WAY SOON.

Have a few pictures i will upload later and know the other guys have some too.

THANKS again Grumpy ... anyone who wasnt there missed out big time !!!:up:

2. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Sounds like you had a cracking time mate, its a long way to come for me, but I would love to attend at least one of the meets!!!

Ben does sound like a great host, and the kind of guy I could have a swally around the fire with:)

3. jay5488

jay5488 Donator

Sorely disappointed that I missed this one !!! Put me down for the next one though!!!
    Looking forward to seeing some pic's.....
    Jamie

4. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

Big thanks from me also, apart from one person gantongunner it was a first time meeting with all the others, sorry couldn't stay too long as health won't allow as i get knackered within a few hours.

Heres hoping i will be invited to the next one and i will be able to do the whole weekend.

5. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Glad to see you got back ok JP,we just got back ourselves,amazing time and got a few pics I can upload later :up:

6. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

Cheers Lads . I had a great time , nice to see my place appreciated by mates and give me a fresh perspective , great company new faces and old , Huge Thank you to matt for my stunning hand made knife :up: and JP for my new hand made sling , it on the rifle now :D il get some pics up soon , just going to have to have a nap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. stevemandm

stevemandm Honorary Member

in a distant galaxy, far far away ....... actually
    had a brilliant time up in grumps' garden - he was a great host. great to see pete again and meet other members. we truly think that we have made friends for life with all you guys at the meet, so thanks again for a great weekend.
    and hey, the man himself even brought the sun out for us ..... grumps, a true living legend !
    only trouble is, i keep checking my ears ..... i keep think i've gone deaf ! ( bluefrog ..... ;) )

8. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned

glad a good time was had by all
    gutted i could not make it:(:(:(:(
    you miss me grumps?;)

9. milek

milek Honorary Member

It's always nice to get home but what a comedown after spending a few days in a spectacular location meeting new friends and old. Already looking forward to the next meet. Grumps, another big thank you for putting the meet on; stress free for me the entire weekend. Bluefrog, never again will you sleep within a hundred yards of me.

10. Grumpyoldman

Grumpyoldman Very Active

Well how the Hell JP sleeps through his own snoring is beyond me !!!!!!! , hmmm note to self NEVER never ever leave Mick by a fire with 5L off parafin :rolleyes: only just managing to stay awake but heres a few piccys . Just so those who couldnt make it dont feel left out , Hey Andy , course i missed you you fart :D

Attached Files:

11. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

It certainly is some stunning looking countryside:up::up:

12. milek

milek Honorary Member

Waking up to this is a bit different to what I see most mornings.

Attached Files:

13. OzzyJ

OzzyJ Donator

simply WOW!

14. bunnyblatter

bunnyblatter Pro Poster

Looks amazing lads.
    Grumps you truly are a lucky lucky fella living up there mate. I envy you pal

15. craigfishin

craigfishin Donator

looks absolutely stunning , your a lucky man grumps

glad you all had a great meet , id love to come to one some day but your a long way from little old me down in essex :(

16. SniperSi

SniperSi Donator

Had a cracking time in grumpy's back garden, love that place!

I was a little nervous about going to meet a load of random fellas in the lakes being new to the forum but so happy i made it and you all made me and my friends welcome your all a good bunch.

Bit gutted me and adi missed the squirrel and stag but the bike ride to the other side of the lake was awsome. What lovley weather we woke up to aswell.

All in all had a boss time thanks to grumps and i'm privileged to meet all the guys who came :D looking forward to attending future events.

Here is a couple of pics of the gang and a little free advertising in the background

GOPR3280.jpg GOPR3281.jpg

17. mattyts

mattyts Donator

Heres the few pics that I got,more on my phone...was a great weekend
    P1000634.jpg P1000635.jpg P1000636.jpg P1000637.jpg P1000638.jpg P1000639.jpg P1000640.jpg P1000641.jpg

Also took a picture of one of my knifes which now resides in Grumpies collection

P1000630.jpg

We saw a red squirrel and minutes later a stag,JP was almost in tears :D

18. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

brokeback.jpg

Only joking - was gutted I couldn't make it. Sounds like it was a great weekend, so I'll look forward to the next one and see you all there.

19. jesim1

jesim1 Kit bitch to the Stars

Hi Guys

Looks like you all had a great time, and in a beautiful location - makes me jealous I had to work, but then, maybe next time.

Glad you got to see a Red Squirrel, they are almost delicate next to a Grey, and definitely worth saving.

I have to comment on the home made knife, when I've read about such things on the forum I've kind of dismissed them in my mind as some rough attempt at a knife and the kind of thing you would not find in my possession - but WOW, what a looker, wayyyy beyond my expectations, well done that man.

James

20. Tadpole

Tadpole Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Love the pic sat around the camp fire with notice 'No Fires' .... classic ......... :thumb: