1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Big Moral Question what would you Do.

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by jolo-bolo, Mar 28, 2014.

1. jolo-bolo

jolo-bolo Donator

I bought a cctv setup camera from ebay camera,monitor it had everything with it. In monitor recording to sd card charger the works. Bought it paid for it strait away then nothing. No item no contact so I contacted the seller no reply so I opend a case with Ebay and contacted the seller. Still no reply waited for over the set period for a claim to be answered they still didn't do anything. Had my payment refunded on the 26th march. Then today a parcel turned up with the postal date of 27th a note in it saying "Hi David I am sorry ebay no good all ok now thanks for waiting" . Now my names Kevin so huh non recorded post as well what would you do
    That is the MORAL question .:confused:

2. Evolve82

Evolve82 Big Poster

Difficult one. If there is no contact with the seller then there is no contact! ;)

3. RichieRich

RichieRich Ping!

If there's been no contact, and especially if there's no return address on the packaging, then there's nothing you can do but....

Keep it and wait to hear back any communication.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
  4. JD

JD Donator

I used to buy alot of fishing bits by mail order, one day out of the blue, I received a flotation suit, but I'd not ordered one,

phoned the shop to tell them whats happened, got some free bits for being honest.

In your case Jolo, wrong order gone to the wrong customer, now you've posted this up, theres really only one thing you can do.

I would test it though, to see if its worth the money.

5. Quentyn

Quentyn Engaging Member

I would contact the seller and offer to pay them ( either via ebay or direct - I would opt for direct)

remember you will be treated as you treat others - you have a refund - you have the goods one of those has to change

6. Trampilot

Trampilot Keyboard Hero

Can you not make a payment to the seller regardless?

7. jolo-bolo

jolo-bolo Donator

It's not the wrong order I bought it and paid for it they didn't send it out till after I had had a refund. It does work records etc plug in and play just no coms anything seams a bit strange that's all did they sell it to someone else I'm just not sure what's going on.

8. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

Its simple, to ease your conscience and save you worrying about it, send it to me and i will deal it on your behalf.:D

9. andy draper

andy draper Posting Addict

One word answer from superstitious me...KARMA....Unless it's a massive company,then thay have the staff and resources to keep up with their sales,so it's just poor management,therefore b**x deny all knowledge and keep it :D.My philosophy is don't Censored on your own kind.
    andy.

10. Relgubmot

Relgubmot Donator

Personally my attitude would be well he was aware there was an ebay claim, did nothing, then sent one anyway the day after it closed..

11. SW-Novice

SW-Novice Engaging Member

Where was it shipped from? I bought a laser pointer from some guy claiming to be in Oxford and 3 weeks later i had
    a parcel arrive from Hong Kong, people setup UK accounts and drop ship stuff. They never own it and just advertise it
    on Ebay, once its sold they get the original owner to send direct to you.

12. tisme

tisme Donator

I would contact them and find out what's going on. Someone else, called David, might be waiting for a parcel. Give them the benefit of the doubt.

13. reaper6

reaper6 Banned

I would be honest and try and contact the seller and if you cannot by any means and i do mean any means...... look on it as good fortune

14. Wild Bill

Wild Bill co2 Enthusiast, HW97, K98 owner

Sleaford, Lincolnshire and Wales sometimes.
    If the seller ignored all coms even after the dispute was raised, I'd say don't worry about it. Probably cost 16 pence to make by a starving 8 yr old kid.

15. bunnyblatter

bunnyblatter Pro Poster

If you've tried several times to contact the seller and had no reply then in my eyes you've done all you can mate
    Get it set up and enjoy it

16. hawkeye87

hawkeye87 Engaging Member

What cctv? I don't know what your on about! Would be my reply hehe

17. audiguypaul

audiguypaul Donator

If you've asked the question then you know the answer, do the right thing, you never know he may say keep it anyway.

18. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

Kev,

Put aside the shocking customer service, lack of comm's etc... The item was refunded so legally the item belongs to the seller, however you are under no legal obligation to return the item to the seller but are obliged to inform him that you have and are caring for his goods, If he doesn't contact you and arrange to have the item collected or pay you (including reasonable expenses) to return them, after a certain time he forfeits the goods and they become your property.

Write to the seller and tell him you have the item and will be charging him £XX per day to store them and they are waiting to be collected.

19. weebster

weebster Posting Addict

The answer lies with you rather than what others would do,at the end of the day you have the goods and your money back.
    If the goods are as described and working then to keep both would be dishonest,can YOU live with that. :confused:

20. Trouserferret

Trouserferret Donator

I'd drop a note to the non-responsive seller in the hope that they wouldn't respond, I'm all for Karma where that sorta stuff is concerned. It's only right to let them know.

If they want it back, they get to pay the postage. Usually folk will just tell you to keep it.