1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Bettinsoli’s Look Good

Discussion in 'Shotguns (SGC)' started by Rayo59, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Rayo59

Rayo59 Active Member

I was clay pigeon shooting last Sunday with a lad who’d just bought a Bettinsoli diamond , I think it’s a nice looking well made gun .He wanted a brand new gun but couldn’t stretch to a beretta so decided on the Bettinsoli
    How many of you folk shoot Bettinsoli,s ?

2. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

I’ve been researching shotguns lately and I’ve been relieably informed that guns from Bettinsoli and ATA are not to be ignored.

3. jdk1

jdk1 Engaging Member

If you decide to buy an ATA i have got a 28" sporter here only a few months old that has never been fired.

mikeyhall1 likes this.
  4. EastmidsHD

EastmidsHD Keep pullin' that trigger..

My friend that's been shooting for a very long time and knows his guns has had a bettinsoli diamond for a few years, he really likes it and rates it highly :thumb:

5. jonesinamillion

jonesinamillion Donator

Similarly, I shot a Beretta silver pigeon on my first attempt; a few people subsequently (and independently) recommended an ATA Sporter, I went for 30", adjustable stock and I must say I love it!

Bloody good job I went for the adjustable stock as its at the limit of its "adjustment" and still not perfect for me; if I had my time again id spend much more time (and probably more money) in choosing a gun... as much as I love my ATA and its very usable, in hindsight i'd benefit from an adjustable comb too.

6. DUNKS

DUNKS Keyboard Hero

I am not knocking Bettinsoli or ATA I am sure they are OK guns but in the last two years I have bought three Berettas and recently a Browning All several years old and virtually unshot.
    All at around half current retail price which puts them in the ATA Bettinsoli price range.
    Lots of them out there if you look.

7. Philpot

Philpot Post Whore

If someone is wanting to buy a new gun, the likes of Bettinsoli, Rizzini, Kofs, ATA and a number of others offer good value for money but not a decent return on the second hand market. I have a couple of friends who have bought Kofs, Turkish built and amazing value for money BUT a number of these manufacturers are not quite precise when fitting the stocks and we found in one shipment a huge difference between the comb heights. The RFD in question allowed my friend to swap two stocks from sporting models, a 28" and a 30" gun. One fitted and one didn't as as the only difference was the barel length, they should have been the same.

The bottom line with these guns is buy on to keep as you will lose a shed load of money and really enjoy using it but take the time and trouble to ensure you find one that has the right stock for you. There are some very pretty guns in this bracket, just be careful with your selection.
    Phil

DUNKS likes this.
  8. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Pepe Le Pew

I recently picked up a Bettinsoli Diamond 12g 30” complete with case and chokes etc - good as new as they’re often someone’s sleeper gun - S/H for £500.

I went S/H as it was in perfect condition and should still be worth around £500 for a few years to come. It’s a superb shotgun and for the money presents very decent quality. The engraving is lovely though not deep but otherwise I’m struggling to see why I’d pay ALOT more for the trendy brands.

DUNKS, ThirtyAughtSix and Philpot like this.
  9. ThirtyAughtSix

ThirtyAughtSix Well-Known Member

I have a Bettinsoli purchased from new - it gets used about 4 times a year. Has a full set of chokes and it always gets cleaned after every use, chokes removed and cleaned and then reassembled for storage. The path my shooting is taking now, I'd rather have a semi auto for practical although it's convenient to keep the O/U for the odd session at the clay ground.

mikeyhall1 likes this.