1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

best co2 replica advice please

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by wrxadz, May 1, 2012.

1. wrxadz

wrxadz Member

right guys gonna get my brother a co2 pistol for his birthday, what he wants is a good replica something that can be field striped like a real pistol, i very much doubt he will shoot it much (i will;)) but i know he would like blow back, so im after some suggestions and advice please.

2. wrxadz

wrxadz Member

sorry forgot to add looking to spend about £150 and dont mind going second hand but would prefer new.

cheers

3. Barcelona68

Barcelona68 Banned

Either the Beretta 92fs or the S&W 686. Best replica co2 pistols in my opinion.

4. 9zap

9zap Engaging Member

Baikal makarov 90% the real thing made along side the real makarov,,, can be field stripped unlike the s&w686 which i own, none of these 2 are blow back but great pistols/revolvers

5. Barcelona68

Barcelona68 Banned

Remember pistols with blowback use more co2.. I think it's a useless feature.

6. TheWolfMan

TheWolfMan Junior Member

Cybergun Tanfoglio Witness 1911, Cybergun Sig Sauer P226 X-Five, Cybergun GSG 92 or one of the revolvers in the Dan Wesson line up (Dan Wessons are fantastic replicas, even without blowback, because of the individual shells.) You could always get a free SMK catalogue from here: http://sportsmk.co.uk/contact/ and have a look at the 6mm 'airsoft' plastic bb co2 pistols, which are also very realistic replicas and may be safer than their 4.5mm steel bb counterparts.

7. Oilysean

Oilysean Very Active

If going for a dan wesson choose the OLD version, the newer versions are made in teh same factory as the new smith and wessons and they are CACK!

For realism replica, field stripping capability, and blowback.

1. Cybergun Tanfoglio witness 1911
    2. Cybergun sig saur

8. Tmaxxjj

Tmaxxjj Busy Member

Definately the witness! One of the best guns I own (CP88, HW45, P23), for performance, realism and quality. The blowback is so much fun and very realistic and also accurate for a bb gun! It's fully field stripable. It's also a bargain! Can't recommend it enough!

9. wrxadz

wrxadz Member

thanks for all the replys i think im going to go for a witness, i had thought about the dan wesson revolvers but i think loading them will be a bit of pain and i think he relay likes the idea of pulling a slide back to cock the action. If i know my brother he will mostly play rambos around the house dry firing around doors hes kinda preparing for the zombie Apocalypse hes 25

10. bobbie1

bobbie1 Busy Member

QUOTE=wrxadz;603469]thanks for all the replys i think im going to go for a witness, i had thought about the dan wesson revolvers but i think loading them will be a bit of pain and i think he relay likes the idea of pulling a slide back to cock the action. If i know my brother he will mostly play rambos around the house dry firing around doors hes kinda preparing for the zombie Apocalypse hes 25[/QUOTE]

I would not recommend dry firing round the house or pointing it at anyone even with an empty mag,
    I quite often found bb's lodged inside my witnness , a bb could easily find it's way into the barrel and blind someone ,
    remember these are not toys,

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  11. wrxadz

wrxadz Member

I would not recommend dry firing round the house or pointing it at anyone even with an empty mag, I quite often found bb's lodged inside my witnness , a bb could easily find it's way into the barrel and blind someone ,remember these are not toys,[/QUOTE]I appreciate your concern but it was more a joke than a statement they certainly ain't toys and the last thing we need as hobbyists is more bad press.My brother has shot rifles most of his life and is well versed in shooting codes of practise.

12. reaper6

reaper6 Banned

Get one of those Tagoliflo witnesses....best fun out

13. nikko gold

nikko gold Engaging Member

tang foglio witness,brilliant, and they dont use to much co2, 3to 4 mags depending on temp. look nice with wood grips, and can be stripped right down, and even polished, easy to if you got the time, check it out on the tube. dan wesson is fun an all, loading the shells in ,just like the real thing, plus a nice weight, i have both and like them both equally. although one is coming up for sale soon,

14. Tmaxxjj

Tmaxxjj Busy Member

15. jetski

jetski Keyboard Hero

16. Oilysean

Oilysean Very Active

You were right, the grips I sold you do look AMAZING on the gun! Balls to it im gonna have to get another.

17. husky

husky Donator

I must agree with the Witness it's just to much fun and it strips down almost the same as a real 1911. If someone were to atach the thumb screws and force me to finde falt with it it would be the Co2 use I can only get about three and a half magazines from one bulb but I dont care I'ts Fun Fun Fun. As soon as i can I'm going to get a couple of spare magazines to alow them to heat up beatween fills this may help things a bit. There are other Co2 guns with rifled barrels such as the Baikal Makerov that work with true .177 lead *** like the Gamo *** and not the steel *** mostly used in the Cybergun range I have found my one to be a bit more acuret but for fun go with the Tanfoglio ( remember and get the metal one not the plastic one same name diferant gun) hop this is of some help
    cheers Tom.

18. wrxadz

wrxadz Member

thanks boys i have decided on the witness for him and the cybergun gsg 92 for me just waiting for my rfd to get stock in.:D

19. Oilysean

Oilysean Very Active

mine has permanent stock for under £100, winnar!

20. wilkinss77

wilkinss77 Engaging Member

i have got one of the new S&W's & it's very good- what's meant to be wrong with them & the new dan wessons?