1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

best and longest shot..

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Rockabilly, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

whats the best and longest shot you have ever pulled off
    with an air rifle.

mine is a 55yd head shot on a jackdaw with a .177 springer, but thats nothing compaired to what i witnessed a member of this forum do with a .177 rapid.
    there were 2 rabbits over 100yds lying in the prone position he took the first one out with a head shot, i could"nt believe it and to make me even more gutted he also dropped the one behind it, these rabbits were measured out to be 110yds and 115yds. yes i know your going to say no way but its true this lad has got trajectorys and windage down to a fine art.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
  2. FXpoacher

FXpoacher Engaging Member

Mine would be a hooded crow, at 65mtrs + the crow was up a 25mtr high tree .
    18gr exterminator from my Typhoon.
    Since tried the same shot again several times and completly missed!
    One of those memerable 1 off's:D

3. chiz

chiz Engaging Member

Rabbit at about 50 yards, uphill, in the dark without a lamp. Not usually keen on shooting at silhouettes but I had a good feeling about that one.

Haven't managed a shot like it since.

4. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

longshot

i go with that gut feeling its usually right .get the same feeling myself a lot of times you no you aint going to miss

5. linkpin

linkpin Active Member

Figure of 11 target at 1000yds with a 303 Lee Enfield. Long time ago though.:(: Have trouble seeing the barn doors now.:lol:

6. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

65yds, head shot on a duck wounded the day before, I presume it was the game shoot, I lay across the top of pig shed, but this time my shot was a clean kill..used S410 12ftps, bisley magnum pellet .177-4.51

7. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

long sdhot

good shooting m8 177 for those long range shots

8. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

i shot a rabbit with a .22 pellet at 45 yds prone.

you may think that its not all that impressive but it was in a sand quarry 100% open ground and a 10mph crosswind

9. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

longshot

good shooting m8 but it would of been much easier with 177 personally i would only take on long range shots in windless conditions

10. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

10 mph is the max for me;)

in the quary there was a wind indicator and i have 10 mph wind points on my awsome scope:D

geting the range right was lucky though i guese 45 and it was 44 yards away pretty good:)

11. sumo

sumo Posting Addict

A can of beer at 600 mtrs using my mini14 .223.
    My barrel is a 1 in 7 twist so I use 75grn ballistic tips. also use a mil dot scope so the hold over was on the third dot top, (about 18 inches).
    My scopes 24x50 illuminated.
    Biggest fluke shot was using .22lr tracer at bunnies at dusk.
    Totally missed bugs but the tracer set fire to the whins under the burrow and smoked them out 20 mtrs further up the wood, got them as they were toasting their marshmallows!.
    I could write a book on good,bad,fluke shots that I have had.

sumo:Rock On:

12. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

with airguns please;)

13. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

he was on about big airguns:p

14. sumo

sumo Posting Addict

Jeez,sorry. Thought you might have been interested thats all.
    I stand corrected:salute:

15. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

nice shooting anyway sumo;)

16. a1gunner

a1gunner Pro Poster

it doesnt matter what gun you is or what cal. you use the important this is at the end of the day you enjoy shooting.

it is also important that you don't make love to a chicken but thats besides the point.:p

17. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

ii

what you been told about those mushrooms

18. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

eh...?.......what.?.......bit of a dodge pot here lads:confused:

19. sumo

sumo Posting Addict

finally,someone with the same sense of humour as me!!!:D

sumo

20. sumo