1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

benjamin marauder carbine(p-rod)

Discussion in 'Airgun Reviews' started by andyz1000, May 1, 2012.

1. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned

i feel its time to do a review of the benjamin marauder pistol/carbine
    in the states the call it the p-rod
    i imported mine via airgunexporter.com and it took about 3 weeks to arrive from the states
    had no problem with customs etc
    it was de tuned
    cost me roughly £350 including vat and import tax
    was a little dissapointed with the plastic on it
    DSCF0525.jpg
    so i contacted bl4dder1 of this forum who made me a lovely wooden stock for it
    marauder wooden stock2.jpg

back to the gun
    it never fails to amaze me how accurate it is
    it is practically pellet on pellet
    from a 160 bar charge (2400 psi) it gives 40 shots ranging from 9.8 fpe -11.2 fpe and back down to 9.8 fpe (2400-1200 psi)but is deadly accurate at all those pressures the sweet spot is 2200-1800 psi which gives the highest fpe
    the mags are easy to load and the cocking system is slick
    this little gun never fails to amaze me
    fantasticially accurate
    it was sold in the us as a pistol
    could not use it as a pistol in the uk as its too powerful
    but add a shoulder stock and what a carbine,if i'm honest the silencer in the pics is a bit overkill and has been replaced with a much shorter unit,its pretty quiet without a silencer to be honest
    it only has a 12" barrel but at 60 feet what a gun,so accurate,i've not tried it at longer distances yet
    it out shoots my brocock sentinel at that distance
    i love it and have a very nice upgrade for mine coming soon:D:D

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  2. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Good write up Andy, we need an update with pic's of the new stock :up:

3. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i loved this little gun before but it was a bit heavy at the back end before,with this new stock the balance is perfect
    whenevr i go out its the one i reach for
    lightweight deadly accurate and packs a punch
    bunnies and rats don't stand a chance
    i love it:D

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  4. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Pure class Andy, top draw i just love it. I bet your a very happy man with it and was well worth the wait in the end and i bet it is the first rifle you go for :up:

5. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned

i am over the moon with it
    whenever i go out i reach for the marauder
    this is how bad i am and how much i love this gun
    the silencer had a matt finish,have just polished the silencer to a gloss black finish
    its hitting bullseyes at 25 yards
    got a bunny tonight,right through the the eye went down stone dead
    nice rabbit stew tomorrow

Last edited: May 28, 2012
  6. mattyts

mattyts Donator

How much is one of these?

7. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned

i have not seen anywhere selling these in the uk:confused:
    i had to import mine from the states
    as for the cost,for the standard gun with the plastic stock and foregrip(no scope or silencer) it cost me roughly £350 ish including de-tune to uk limit,shipping and import costs
    in its current state with the custom steve corcoran walnut thumbhole stock it owes me at least £700 plus the scope,mount and silencer:eek::eek: so about £750 in total:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2012
  8. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned

9. Kai87

Kai87 Donator

Alans air rifles is near me, I never go as he's massively over priced on everything, he wanted £15 for a tin of aa pellets!

10. career 707

career 707 Busy Member

The Boundries Lancs/ Yorks, Deer management & more
    look around they can be had for £375 in some shops, i seen 2 !!

I came across one of these in a local junk / used shop in town , after looking over it for 10 minutes i decided 'what the heck ' so £220 lighter i took it home.(new they are approx £375

Well after a afternoon in the workshop giving it a service & check over, i can tell you its well made, super accurate & i get approx 60 ful power shots.it can be adjusted for air flow & hammer spring tension just like a Rapid 7 also.

I chrono'd it at just & only just under the legal limit ,it test fired 11.6-8flb charged at 210bar, after 25 shots this dropped a little to 10.2/6 flb & at the latter 50 shots just 8.8/9 flb.
    it is not regulated, but a fine handling pistol/carbine. The shroud is not too effective but after a little wrap around the inner tube with jay sponge it did the trick, so no moderator is needed. Accuracy at 25yds indoor grouped at .5" easy on a sand bag & red dot scope.

it has all the fitting you would expect

Sorry i dont have any pics of any targets, but if you see one in the airgun shop try it. after stripping it & looking thu the working on this fine made tool, this i can say for the even basic engineered minded of us, it will out perform any in its class, any !

worth a look if your in the field for a nice compact carbine rifle, well work the money (even new)

11. droid

droid Post Whore

Gotta have one of these, love em especially with that Corcoran stock

12. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned

go for it Gary you will not be dissapointed
    heres how mine looks now with baffled shroud extension and brass muzzle brake:D
    [​IMG]

13. jolo-bolo

jolo-bolo Donator

Great write up Andy and you have a lovely bit of wood there just makes the rifle look so wantable and I want one.

14. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned

You would not believe the amount of pm's i have had asking if i want to sell it
    The answer will always be no
    This one will be buried with me when i shuffle off to meet my maker:)

15. droid

droid Post Whore

I say that quite often Andy :D

Then the wind direction changes and I sell it. Just been totting up my collection and had a bit of a shock so a few of mine will have to go before I dare go for a Marauder.

16. anikid

anikid Engaging Member

hey andy, where did you get that wood stock? id like to slap 1 of them on a future ratty project

17. hypnotic golfer

hypnotic golfer Donator

Marauder pistol/carbine

Hi all I am a newbie to this forum but just to say I purchased the Crosman Marauder Pistol/carbine and must agree I have found it superb over 25 - 40 yards and because of my age find it easy to handle I purchased mine from a web site in slovania www.rojal.si had to wait for a few weeks but wonderful service and no problems with customs because they are in the EU they deliver straight to your door mine cost 412 euros = £335-00 and they give free delivery to UK if you spend over 300 euro I can reccomend them they sell many other air rifles as well.
    Andy can I ask do you still have the first wooden stock you had made if so might be interested if I can afford it
    :up:

18. andyz1000

andyz1000 Banned

^^^^haven't got the first wooden stock i had made
    but still got the walnut thumbhole stock but it aint for sale i'm afraid
    if i decide to sell it will go with the gun as a package

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  19. scottroutledge

scottroutledge Engaging Member

That gun looks the muts! Is it just like a precharged multi shot ratty??

20. scottroutledge

scottroutledge Engaging Member

If you contact blade he would possibly make you a stock to suite your requirements!