1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Beer And Ebay And Atn 4k Pro 5-20x

Discussion in 'Night Vision Optics' started by happyguy, Dec 10, 2018.

1. happyguy

happyguy Donator

after a few beers sunday evening , then a few more I decided to look for a new toy on ebay
    with the cash I got for me wolverine set up
    estimated delivery of new atn 4k pro Wednesday 12th dec,
    ive been seent a few hunting/shooting items to review one being a very nice looking ir tourch with simple change colour pills ,,, red - green- white- and ir 840,
    I can see a sickie coming up Friday and another vid for the tube

mmamonster and windymiller like this.
  2. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 2018 Forum Nice Guy

I’ve had a few online shopping trips under similar circumstances - in the new year I had a PS4 turn up that I had no recollection of.....

Still you’ve bought a great piece of kit and I’ll look forward to hearing about your findings

ukglyn, foxtrott and windymiller like this.
  3. Jeffsy

Jeffsy Busy Member

I had the pleasure of playing with the 4K recently.
    If I was shooting live quarry I would be all over one of those like a tubby kid on doughnuts!
    Brilliant bit of kit.

4. windymiller

windymiller bm100 thumbhole

ive watched a few you tube clips on the atn and it looks a fab piece of kit be interested in your first impressions when you get it buddy

5. happyguy

happyguy Donator

just unpacked it, looks heaps better than mk2 , and 120 frames per second should make for some excellent slow mo footage, on charge now for 6hrs before I can check it out properly
    ive been sent a few items to review, one being a decent looking ir tourch with 3 different coulourd pills + ir pill so il get to check em both out together

windymiller likes this.
  6. happyguy

happyguy Donator

Job done

Attached Files:

windymiller likes this.
  7. windymiller

:):):) what rifle are you mounting it on chap and what do ya think of it so far ??? the slow mo footage ive seen is fab !!

8. happyguy

happyguy Donator

ive sat it on me sako quad at the mo, got a rabbit problem to sort out asap, m working as much as I can till Saturday, this will cover me for the WHOLE of January off work,and heaps of shooting
    ive been out to zero it and very impressed to say the least, the focus is a bit stiff but im sure it will ease up once I have been using it, its never gonna beat my thermal scope but , for what its built for, its amazing bit of kit
    and the real quick start up is a big improvement
    me vids will be on the tube by sunday lol 48405899_10215505996135440_6039242377778954240_n.jpg

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    secretagentmole and windymiller like this.
  9. windymiller

grrr thats still ages away !!! looking forward to seeing them chap, from what ive seen thats an incredible piece of kit

10. MartinJGUK

MartinJGUK Busy Member

ATN have just announced a thermal scope that’s going to be $1200 in the US so maybe around that figure here. That’ll be a real bargain for thermal. Only a little more than the 4K

11. Pellet pinger

Pellet pinger Donator

I had a look through it the other week at a NV event Mart,at 80yds you wouldn’t know whether you had a rabbit or a cat in the cross hairs, not impressed.

12. MartinJGUK

MartinJGUK Busy Member

That’s interesting. I always thought thermal was supposed to be the dogs, maybe it’s cheap for a reason

13. Pellet pinger

Pellet pinger Donator

To be fair it was very compact and lightweight but the image quality wasn’t very good at all grey and washed out ,a few hot water bottles were put out at varying distances and it picked out the heat source fine but they could have been sheep laying down for all I’d known.
    I think most people use thermal as spotters which they do brilliantly and then identify and shoot with a lamp, I know my mate does that, this is from his £3.5K plus Pulsar. F86BAA5B-8A7C-498C-B4A3-FC25A579186D.jpeg

MartinJGUK likes this.