1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Been Really Tempted To Buy A Pistol Lately

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by Scott, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Scott

Scott Moderated user

Can't explain why as I haven't had one for 28 years...

Would really like an old Webley Premier/ Senior or even an early Tempest as a last choice
    But the Beeman P17/ HW40 has been drawing my attention quite a lot too

The old makarov co2 also drew my attention as a fun plinker but its maybe a bit noisy for my neighbours...

As my usual bad luck would have it, none of the guns Im interested in are available on the central belt of rainland...
    I even thought about driving down to North of England but in the end up I CBFA

Protek had an interesting premier but thats way too far and they obviously will not post it

2. Reevo17

Reevo17 Keyboard Hero

SWS sell the hw100 for £100 absolute bargain and a few quid more than the cheap beeman

You can’t go wrong mate and can resell at that too

Scott likes this.
  3. Wild Bill

Wild Bill CO2 Firearm fan.

The HW100 is a rifle. :facepalm::D

Reevo17 likes this.
  4. NIVEA

NIVEA Not Banned Yet

HW44 . . . . . :up:

5. pjbingham

pjbingham Prime Kentish Beef

The Senior or Premier would be a great choice Scott, both have the articulated cocking links that the Mk1 doesn't have so they are easier to cock. Arguably the cheapest are the last of the Premiers which has an alloy body like the Tempest/Hurricane etc but they don’t have the build quality of the older offerings. The HW40 is a very accurate pistol but lacks the soul of the old Webleys. Shame you are not closer or you could have popped round and tried some of each. Don’t forget that with the Webleys if you go for .22 they are a 5.6 barrel not 5.5 so you don’t get the range of choice regarding pellets. Atb Phil

6. TinCan Tony

TinCan Tony Next video please

Mrs TinCan and I visited one of our local RFD's today, looking at some camo clothing, and I was seriously taken by some of the pistols they had on show.

No, you must resist the urge, TinCan. I was 'that' close to getting my credit card out! :rolleyes:

Finnthedude and Scott like this.
  7. Phil G

Phil G Active Member

Yield to temptation :)

[​IMG]

Finnthedude, ibo7, Pete2 and 2 others like this.
  8. Reevo17

Reevo17 Keyboard Hero

My bad had £100 on the brain

Hw40

Scott and Pugwash like this.
  9. TinCan Tony

TinCan Tony Next video please

No, I musn't. Honestly, I mustn't. :p

Scott likes this.
  10. Pugwash

Pugwash Post apocalypse

Do it. Now you have the itch you will have to scratch it. Resistance is futile. The HW40 is the perfect remedy. You will not regret it. But it will get worse. Today I finally got lucky and scratched the itch for an HW45 courtesy of @Colin80 who was a pleasure to deal with. So I now have a mint 45 to go with the 40 and now the massive learning curve on learning to shoot it begins. I can’t wait. I am determined to master it. And even if I don’t it will be fun trying.

Scott likes this.
  11. vonbeck

vonbeck Well-Known Member

I have both the 40 and 45, two total different pistols bt both great fun the 40 is quite easy to master as there being hardly any recoil but the 45 on full power is a beast lol enjoy them both I know I do

Molgraze and Scott like this.
  12. Pugwash

Pugwash Post apocalypse

That is what I aim to do.
    I love the 40 and will never part with it. Tonight I am drinking as much beer as I can to generate some targets for the 45 tomorrow. It might take me a while but I am determined to get the hang of it and I am prepared to drink as much beer as it takes.

13. Pugwash

Pugwash Post apocalypse

When I can shoot the empties faster than I can drink the beer I know I will have mastered it.
    Maybe then I will have to increase the range a bit.

Finnthedude, Molgraze and Scott like this.
  14. Scott

Scott Moderated user

It's ok mate, I knew you meant the 40 :up:

Reevo17 likes this.
  15. Scott

Scott Moderated user

Thanks guys, I had an early HW45 (All silver and no fancy name) in the late 80's and while it was loads of fun Im looking for something smaller now.
    I might pick up a 40 for instant fun and keep the search going for a senior slant grip or an early premier.

pjgtech, Molgraze and Reevo17 like this.
  16. Patrick

Patrick Donator

Well Scott if you like the idea of the Webley Tempest Highland Out doors were doing a re-run of that very pistol in a limited number but checking on their website it's nil stock i'm afraid but there may be a dealer fairly near you who has one.
    I've got a Beeman P17 and for the money it's good little pistol,It's a single stroke pre-charged as i'm sure you know and it does take a bit of effort to close after you've cocked/charged it but nothing that should cause you or any adult any concern. It's half the price of the HW40 which it is a dead ringer of. In fact apart from the makers name on the side i'd say it's essentially the same gun and any slight differences if there are any are not worth paying twice as much for.

Scott likes this.
  17. 3legs

3legs Member

I have an HW45 .22 and an HW75 .177. I prefer the 45. It’s easier to cock even on full power. Not quite as accurate but still excellent. It’s fun, easy to tinker/service. I’ve a TBT kit and it’s smooth. Doesn’t diesel either.

Scott likes this.
  18. Enterpr123

Enterpr123 Engaging Member

What is the Alecto like? Guy in Sheffield selling one for £110 in a case with all the bits with thirty quids worth of pellets. (.20)

Scott likes this.
  19. pjgtech

pjgtech Stay Calm and Carry On....

I have a HW40 and its a great little pistol, I've not tried the Beeman personally, but a mate at the range has tried BOTH, and he swears the Beeman is a bit cheap and nasty, when compared directly to the HW? Its worth bearing in mind, that generally in life, you tend to get what you pay for. I can't recommend the 40 highly enough. :thumb:

20. pjgtech

pjgtech Stay Calm and Carry On....

https://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33212

Direct comparison of the HW40 and the Beeman P17 or whatever (its Chinesse clone) further down the thread the beeman's trigger fails after 50 shots, and he reports trigger creep too, and others report the same!
    I'll stick with my genuine HW, Thanks, its at about 2000 pellets and no probs so far....

Pugwash, Scott, 2506sendero and 2 others like this.