1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Beeman P17 Wow!

Discussion in 'Air Pistols' started by Jay Butts, May 25, 2019.

1. Jay Butts

Jay Butts ....and no, my Daystates have never leaked!

Now it may not be taken seriously by many, the Beeman P17 I’ve bought today is epic. Single stroke gas ram, rifled barrel, two stage trigger, zero recoil and 400fps in .177 flavour. Perhaps the best thing was the price..... £59, that’s got to be amongst the best value ever for these features! Apparently, Beeman have sold over a million of these!

Has anybody else had experience of one?

48BF717E-D60D-4179-B7B7-D3BAEEA96D95.jpeg

2. pjgtech

pjgtech Bah Humbug.......

No, but I think the HW40 is basically the same gun, just cost a lot more... :facepalm:
    I really like my HW40, not sure what the differences are, if any?
    Enjoy it mate, and very nice price too... :thumb:

Jay Butts likes this.
  3. ibo7

ibo7 Keyboard Hero

Funnily enough the guy next to me at the range today had one and let me have a go. I've always turned my nose up at them as from pics they look clunky and heavy but in the flesh it's actually quite nice, especially considering the money.
    I may have to grab one...

4. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 2018 Forum Nice Guy - Pepe Le Pew

I’ve shot one a few times Jay and I was impressed.

Jay Butts likes this.
  5. Jay Butts

Thanks guys, I’ve been knocking down tin cans with open sights at about 15yds today! Christ, if you get the chance buy one! The Daystates stayed in the car because I was having a laugh with the Beeman! £59 ffs!!!!

Happy, happy happy...love a bargain...

Monkeyjoe, bobjen38, Blue BSA and 2 others like this.
  6. QuoVadis69

QuoVadis69 Donator

The grin factor is what most of us is chasing but to get it at that price is a result ! :up:

Jay Butts likes this.
  7. wizwozuk

wizwozuk Busy Member

Your enthusiasm is infectious! Just had a look....

'Out of stock' in Derby. 69.95 at Pellpax - plus 20 delivery so getting a bit pricey...

Just as well really, otherwise I'd be having another impulse buy to explain!

8. Troll man

Troll man Engaging Member

Give the trigger sears a good polish and it really lightens it. If I can my hand shaking I can get really tight groups, mine loves Gecos so cheap to boot!

Jay Butts likes this.
  9. Patrick

Patrick Donator

Yes i've got one and for the money it ain't a bad little pistol and yes it is the same as the HW40 but at about half the price and as far as i know the parts are interchangeable.

Jay Butts likes this.
  10. Jay Butts

Thanks Troll, I will do....:thumb:

Troll man likes this.
  11. Jay Butts

Blimey, I might be a little upset had I bought the HW!

@Patrick, are the barrels interchangeable? Just wonderin’!

12. Pugwash

Pugwash Post apocalypse

Gecos seem to also work well in an HW40. It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has a Beeman and an HW40 or at least has experience of both. @Troll man you say polishing the sears improves the trigger on a Beeman but the trigger is so good on an HW40 it is hard to imagine how it could be improved. Maybe the final finishing touches explain the difference in price?
    Although maybe the final finishing touch to the trigger on mine might not be how it left the factory. HW40 is definitely the gun I enjoy and have had the most fun with.
    But now I need an HW45.
    I won’t be able to hit anything with it. But I just feel like I need one.

Jay Butts likes this.
  13. Pugwash

Pugwash Post apocalypse

PCP = Food.
    Pistols = fun.

Jay Butts likes this.
  14. JohnHG

JohnHG Engaging Member

I have owned and shot both a Beeman P17 and HW40. (SSP)
    The P17 is a very good buy. It has a good trigger and can be accurate.
    Negative points compared to the HW40 trigger not as light and smooth.
    Rear sights not as good and require frequent re-zero.
    Both hard to cock

Jay Butts likes this.
  15. Troll man

Polishing the sears made it alot smoother and lighter. I think I stretched the spring slightly too.

Jay Butts likes this.
  16. Jay Butts

Thanks John, I agree about the cocking! There’s definitely a knack to it...

I’ve not touched the rear sights yet but hope to get some longer distance zeroing done this week...

17. Jay Butts

Pugwash, couldn’t agree more. I have to pinch myself over the price!

And the smiles are frequent...:thumb:

18. Patrick

Patrick Donator

To be perfectly honest i've never owned a HW40 so regarding the barrels being interchangeable i'm not 100% certain but as for as i know the P17 is a clone of the HW40 the only difference being the name on the side of the pistol. People do use Weihrauch HW40 parts to repair P17s and vice versa so in all probability i'd say the barrels are interchangeable. If the trigger on the HW40 is better that may be due to the finish of the components as i would think and expect a gun costing twice as much to have more care taken over the finish of its components.
    I paid £65 for my P17 and you'll be lucky to find a HW 40 under about £140

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    Reevo17, Troll man and Jay Butts like this.
  19. Jay Butts

Spot on mate, thank you for that....very interesting!:thumb:

£140!!!!!!!!

Could it be that Beeman make the HW40 under licence for Weihrauch?

20. Troll man

I took the fibre sights off and replaced the front one with a drill bit I ground down and set in. Couldn't get on with the fibre ones

Jay Butts likes this.