1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

BASC

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Badger Bob, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Badger Bob

Badger Bob Member

I sent an email to BASC Last night ie

Sent: 20 February 2008 18:45
    To: E&T Enquiries
    Subject: Schools

With all the bad press that Air Rifle users are getting lately i.e. RSPB,BBC etc.I can see the time when air rifles will be banned or will have to be licensed. I see that BASC do a lot for shotgun owners but how much do you do for air rifles.Would it be a good idea for you to do a programme of getting into schools and catching the children when they are young. I have two boys aged 7 and 5 who I would love to take up the sport when they are a bit older. But I have heard one teacher at there school say that guns are a bad thing and children should have nothing to do with them. With children being told that at there age what chance has the sport have in the future. Surly BASC could organise a programme that visits schools to educate and publicise the sport.I am not sure if I have sent this email to the right department.If I have not please send it to the right one. Many Thanks Bob Wakeford .mem number 500025015

I got an answer this morning,

You are correct, and this is certainly an area we are getting more involved with particularly airgun crime and BB gun abuse in urban and suburban areas. BASC currently has a very successful ‘Young shots’ programme which has educated many thousands of young in the safe and proficient use of guns over the years and continues to do so. We also have a schools programme whereby we visit and give presentations at schools throughout the UK on the dangers of guns, the legal uses of guns and shooting and conservation. These visits are conducted by enthusiastic and educated volunteers, regional and head office staff. We have visited many schools over the last year or so, and I’m sure you would have read many of the press releases and articles advertising these achievements. This is certainly an area we are continuing to expand and BASC is always looking for volunteers and donations to support this programme of visits.

Requests for us to visit schools generally come from schools which have problems with gun crime/abuse in their area, or have teachers or students who are ignorant of shooting and shooting sports which has lead bullying issues. We aim to provide a fair and unbiased presentation on the facts, illustrating the safe and legitimate use of guns and the importance of shooting sports, but also highlight the dangers of illegal and improper use of guns. We have also been asked on a number of occasions by police forces to conduct visits at schools as well.

If you would like us to visit a school in your area please give me a ring and I’m sure we can discus the details

Many thanks, Peter

Dr Peter Marshall

Director of Shooting Standards
    Telephone – 01244 573063

Hows that for service.Bob

2. simply james

simply james Banned

nice to se some one is taking a interest isnt it.

3. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

My hats off to you Dr Marshall, having worked with kids, voluntary in my, past fitter years, the kids do need guidance, especially with firearms....come on the fitter lads on the forum, back Dr Marshall, help him achieve his goal, our sport is at risk:(....in the past history, gunpowder pistols were outlawed....airguns will be next