1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Bam B3-1 Project and Review.

Discussion in 'Airgun Reviews' started by Andy_J, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Andy_J

Andy_J Replica Airgun collector

Just a quick review of my latest little project. Having gone back to my roots lately and got rid of all my PCP air rifles and gone back to springers, I have rekindled my love of shooting spring powered airguns again. There is something about owning and shooting and mastering spring powered air rifles and the kick we get out of them (pun intended). I now have 5 springers that range from AA top quality to the bottom rung, a Chinese BAM B3-1. This little review is about my .177 calibre BAM B3-1. I nearly purchased one of these about 7 years ago in a gamefair and never bothered. I wish I had because it's a little cracker honestly. Yes it's agricultural and basic, but it goes back to my roots regarding my first few air rifles when I was a kid. Anyway, I always wanted one because they remind me of the venerable AK-47 and I love them. I decided to replace the plastic bits on the folding stock with some handmade bits done in pine. I stripped all the yuckie brown paint from the wooden forestock and the handgrip. I then stained with dark walnut stain and finished off with walnut oil. In my opinion it looks a lot better. I purchased an airsoft AK47 magazine to act as a dummy mag and adapted it so that it bolts on from the inside of the receiver action.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Now to the rifle itself and how it performs. It is ideal as a plinker and fun gun and thats exactly why I wanted it. In fact I did this project for my youngest son's (he's airgun mad at 12 yrs old) birthday present. He loves it. I am teaching him how to handle it safely and how to shoot it properly. The next part of the project is to strip the action and smooth it all out, give it a little tune and re-grease etc. Also the trigger is a little heavy (understatement of the year folks:p) but I will lighten it substantially. The recoil is quite fierce and I like that as it feels authentic firearm like when shooting and it is part of why I and many others actually like springers. We have to learn how to handle them properly to get the best out of them. Infact, I am pretty sure that the recoil in a springer is what we blokes love and why we always hark back to the good old days of air rifle shooting. I love it.Using this rifle as it is intended, ie plinking, the gun is great. Toy soldiers, trebor mints and tin cans get shredded in no time. Great fun. Shooting paper targets is a bit harder. I managed to get 2p sized groupings at 20 yds and hopefully after some tuning to the action and the trigger, this will get better but in the mean time, it's ideal for plinking in the garden. The sidelever cocking includes an anti beartrap mechanism and this works well. I always recommend holding onto the cocking lever of any spring gun at all times during the loading process. I was taught this many years ago by an expert and ex world champion shooter and I continue to teach others the same.

[​IMG]

The folding stock is great and locks up solid no problem. The front and rear sights are very similar to the real AK and the sight picture is almost exactly the same (I have used an AK47 in real life folks, not just in Call of Duty:D). The rear sight is only adjustable for elevation and is easily adjusted. The front sight post can also be adjusted up or down. The safety catch is basic and it works I think in the same principle as some of the AK variants by locking the trigger from moving and it locks it solid.The rifle comes with sling loops that also look very similar to the real thing and allow any sling to be attached. I just use a strap from a black sports bag and it does the job great. The rifle can be fired with the stock folded too and that is quite a laugh and takes some doing to be consistent.

[​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    RED DOG likes this.
  2. laurence

laurence Engaging Member

Hi mate, the gun looks great and a good write up makes me want to have a go :D

3. Andy_J

Thanks Laurence.

I have not measured the velocity of this rifle yet and I heard they are about 600 fps, but today I decided to do the heinz soup can test. These soup cans are quite thick tin/metal whatever they use and this little beasty ripped them apart no problem. Small hole in the front and large ripped open exit wound in the back. I'd say that this B3 is kicking out quite a bit in the power stakes. Probably closer to 700 FPS or thereabouts. That's great for a plinker.:up:

4. Andy_J

I have been doing some serious plinking with this B3-1 over the last couple of weeks and I really like it. Except for the trigger. Anyone got some good tuning tips for this trigger on this rifle?

Cheers

Andy006

5. laurence

laurence Engaging Member

6. Andy_J

Thanks Laurence. I need to register there and get some info.:up:

7. Bolor

Bolor Banned BANNED

My mates got one of these and they look great, quite a heavy handfull as well. Youve done a good job on tne woodwork as well pal.

8. Eurosaber

Eurosaber Keyboard Hero

9. Andy_J

Thanks both.:up:

10. Pad. E

Pad. E Well-Known Member

Hi Andy

Nice review,

I do have a fondness to these military style air rifles.

I like how you have restained the woodwork and fitted the mag. Makes it look
    complete.

Regards
    Paddy

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  11. Andy_J

Cheers Paddy. Long time no see. Nice to get a positive comment from the master of all thing combat airguns.:up:

12. Pad. E

Pad. E Well-Known Member

Hi Andy,

You're welcome :)

:D Like that comment :D

Regards
    Paddy

13. The Robin

The Robin Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Good write up and review looks a very nice bit of kit and i bet you love shooting it :up: