1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Bad day

Discussion in 'Hunting' started by andyb78, Feb 25, 2012.

1. andyb78

andyb78 Engaging Member

just done a full day searching for land to shoot vermin which looked overun with rabbits and mags went to five different places but no joy took all my papers and dressed appropriate and was as polite as a prince but still nowt,all i got was "no im ok mate" as anybody got any other ideas as i dont know what im doing wrong

thanks

2. Irvysan

Irvysan Posting Addict

Hi andy,

take a breath, your doing nothing wrong, you will get there :)

ATB

Irv

3. laurence

laurence Engaging Member

I know that feeling, can't offer Any advice still looking myself !

4. andyb78

andyb78 Engaging Member

it can be a bit dis-heartening

5. Bwarnos

Bwarnos Busy Member

Sound's like you doing all the right things mate, maybe put the points across of the damage each animal will do e.g Rabbits making the holes in the paddocks is very dangerous for horses and cattle. Things like this may help fight you case!?

6. andyb78

andyb78 Engaging Member

ill give it a go mate thanks think ill try that option further a field on my next outing

7. bunnyblatter

bunnyblatter Pro Poster

Keep plugging away mate you'll get somewhere in the end :)

8. laurence

laurence Engaging Member

I've seen a couple of fields that people sometimes keep horses in and there are a lot of rabbits, the holes they have made are shocking just not met the land owner yet to put that point across

9. andyb78

andyb78 Engaging Member

cheers fellas if i can get one local ill be a happy bunny

10. Fisherboy

Fisherboy Engaging Member

Try catching up with them in the local village pubs, worked for me, just popped in a couple of times a week for a quiet pint and started chatting to some of the old boys. It didn't take long for a permission after I dropped in I like hunting for wabbits. Country folk all know each other or know of someone who knows someone. Some of the guys in a local near me have been drinking there for yonks and know everyone and everything locally.

11. reaper6

reaper6 Banned BANNED

Best advice on here so far

12. Irvysan

Irvysan Posting Addict

And the bunny wont be so happy :)

Good luck mate, dont let rejections get you down. If/when these farmers have a vermin problem they will be knocking your door down! :)

ATB

Irv

13. ferplexed

ferplexed Posting Addict

Hi mate. Don't give up is the advice i can give! I've been shooting on and off for 3 years and had hardly any land for the last year. Within the last month i've gained probably a minimum of 300 acres.

Chin up and carry on!

14. Size12

Size12 Busy Member

As everyone has said keep your chin up and if possible get some cards printed up, it cost very little at vista print and give you something to leave them if they say no. They may change there mind one day!

15. Mr D

Mr D Active Member

Ive not been out hunting yet, but maybe make up a few business cards with contact details on if they change their mind they can call you ?

16. andy46

andy46 Donator

just dont give up,keep plugging away,it will happen,it just takes time thats all,everyone who knocks on the first door wants them to say yes,but its not that easy or simple.you will get plenty of knock backs,this might sound wrong,but getting a few knock back will help you be more determined for the next farm and so on,i only knocked on a few doors and got sick of knock backs,so i sent out letters instead and worked for me.good luck mate,keep at it
    andy

17. andyb78

andyb78 Engaging Member

thanks lads im gunna try the business card route i think and see what happens,but i wont give up

18. megga

megga Busy Member

Thats ok, but its like telling the farmer to suck eggs, and the farmer may take offence, although your right in what you say.

19. ferplexed

ferplexed Posting Addict