1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Ashgate Hospice Chesterfield

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by buster321c, May 10, 2012.

1. buster321c

buster321c Guest

Its been two months since we saw `Our Carol ` As we live in the Midlands and they in Killamarsh , we can`t just `pop in ` as we`d like . Over the last 12 months , since having treatment for a bloodclot in her leg , things have gone down hill for Carol . She was found to have , through her initial treatment , cancer . It was an aggressive cancer and they took no hesitation and operated swiftly . Carol seemed to respond well , and for a short spell things looked like they slowly come back to `everyday life ` . As many will know , the chemo really knocked her about , and sadly caused her to have a massive stroke . With Morris ( her husband ) and Rob and Joanne ( her children ) taking on a bedside vigil , she amazed me at least , with her determination , and if im honest the bravery knowing the battle she faced .

Three weeks ago she was admitted into Ashgate Hospice , and to say her family are devastated , is an understatement .
    The reason for my post is to highlight the work people at Ashgate , and many other places like it , do , day in day out all year round . Rob and Joanne , are both doing fund raising events to help the hospice , and i am so proud of them both for teh way they are dealing with this , and not only supporting their Dad , but also all members of the family .

If you can find time to post a message of support to them , it would be GREATLY appreciated . Of course if you wish to make a small donation , then for that i can personally thank you from the bottom of my heart . Thanks for taking the time to read , and make every second with your loved ones count , as you never know when your time will come .

http://www.justgiving.com/robandmichael

http://www.justgiving.com/Joanne-Suter

God Bless Carol , we all love you dearly .

Buster .

PS if you do post a note of support , please say which forum you are from .ATVB Craig