1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Are power adjusters illegal ?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by noseb112, Apr 5, 2014.

1. noseb112

noseb112 Banned

I am thinking about geting a crossman 2240 air pistol , and know people have power adjusters, but it is already on 5.6 foot pounds . so if i was to put a detachable stock so then it is a carbine and adjust the power to 8-10 foot pounds , then adjust it back to 5.6 when it is a pistol. Is this illegal becuase i wont but u could adjust it to 8 or 10 10 foot pounds in a pistol.thanks

2. tommy gun

tommy gun Posting Addict

it won't give you more power its just supposed to fine tune your gun,personally i don't think they work

3. Andy-K2

Andy-K2 Posting Addict

I would say no its not legal, as its capable of firing over its limit as a pistol. Ok, you get a complaint, the Police turn up and take the pistol for testing. They turn the power up, squeeze the trigger, 10ft/lb. Its over the limit for a pistol, you get your collar felt. But I can see what your thinking but the answer is no its not legal.... I say buy a rifle too.

4. Chinnymonster81

Chinnymonster81 Busy Member

Once a pistol always a pistol (must not exceed 6ftlb ever) External adjusters can be adjusted during testing by the plod, they are not illegal but if they allow the gun to go over the limit then you get stuffed. Not worth the risk.

5. spike589715

spike589715 Busy Member

I would say if it is possible to adjust to over 6 ft lbs on a pistol without the use of tools or without some stripping the yes illegal otherwise you could have a rifle capable of say 30 ft lbs and some adjuster wheel and claim you just use it as 12
    i think the law says capable of this could make the gun capable

cheers
    si

6. Jackroadkill

Jackroadkill Donator

This.

7. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Brocock converted pistol not illegal doing 11.5 ftlb ;) but it hasn't to work if the stock is taken out pretty much like the air arms Tdr works as a pistol with out the stock

8. SteveO

SteveO Top Poster

Hi Dave,

You're saying that this Brocock was once a pistol (<6fpe?) and now it's running at 11.5? and it won't run for some mechanical reason without the stock fitted? and it's legal?

Could you explain in more detail please?

I'm interested as this looks like a very light and point-able hunting tool, something similar might be very suitable for me as I currently have an untreatable shoulder injury that is preventing me from holding my r10 at the moment which is hindering my hunting ability and enjoyment!

9. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Yes steve mate one of many what nick nutshot made based on the brockock and falcon the owner of this one has just got his open ticket tnrough for .223 so fao has seen the gun so totally legal this was the grandprix pistiol but the stock screws in the back to to spring so if stock is removed tne gun dosnt work ile try dig some more pics out of others maybe some one whos still on nicks rapid forum can copy tne pics from there theres a fewdiff pistils converted on a certain thread all made in to rifles pistols like fn8 falcon which is basicallya fn8 rifle only tne stock and power differs maybedrop the robin a pm see if he can get info from rapid site as i left the site or maybe nutshot might see this thread and add to it the pstols convertedto rifles atvb dave g

All the pistols converted are based on desighn of tne air arms tdr a part from when if tne stock is removed tne gun wont work there was bit of conflict on the forum over legality of it butthe outcome was that they were legal as the owner of this one showed the fao in hs fire arms application so as not to hender is chances of gaining fac he no has open ticket rainging from fac airto .223 so the statement once a pistol always a pistol isnt totally true

10. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

[​IMG]

Only pics I can find at min as I say maybe one the members from there could copy the pics there's lots if diff brands from crossman to falcon brocock ect ect

11. andy001

andy001 Engaging Member

That'll be one light 'rifle'.

12. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

They certainly are matey and glad to see someone who can see what they are now "rifles". :cool:

13. andy001

andy001 Engaging Member

I'm tempted by that for my other half. The only rifle she has approved of, is a smk b2 I've manged to wangle her on to a bsa ultra. She still feels its heavy ;-O

14. nutshot

nutshot Well-Known Member

Only just spotted this thread. As Dave says , as long as your pistol to rifle conversion has ether a permanently attached stock or when the stock is removed the power drops there is nothing in law that says you can not make a rifle using a pistol as the base. I did search the entire Home Office database to check this. Very boring but there is no mention anywhere it is illegal.
    FN8`s are both rifles and pistols just with a hand grip or a rifle stock. nothing else is different other than the power.
    Every now and then people will say you can`t have a rifle with a barrel under 300mm / 12" or a total length under 600mm 24" (total length of my pistol/ rifles is fractionally over 600mm though even with the stock collapsed) but here is what the law says :

[HR][/HR] http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publ...Firearms-Guidance.pdf?view=Binary

Weapons subject to general prohibition.

[F11(aba)any firearm which either has a barrel less than 30 centimetres in length or is less than 60 centimetres in length overall, other than an air weapon,

Out of falcon`s or brococks . the brocock is the easiest to do as falcons have a power adjustment back cap so you have to work round that and make it still adjustable when dismantled but not adjustable with a stock fitted . Bit more of a pain.
    On a brocock the back plug becomes the stock adapter so if you remove the stock the hammer spring drops out and the gun is completely unusable.

Here is a shot string from my .177 falcon . You get 20 good shots at 10.5 ftlb which is ample power for a .177.

745, 750, 750, 751, 753, 753, 757, 752, 759, 756
    758, 756, 758, 754, 755, 750, 753, 747, 749, 743

in .22 you can expect 28-30 good shots at 11 ftlb . Power curve is very similarly flat but Ive lost my test figures for my .22`s

Heres a pic of my old single shot brocock weight with a weaver adapter and a pulsar n550 fitted. With a scope its 5lb max unless you fit a huge scope.

[​IMG]

15. ratman60

ratman60 Very Active

hello, you could also look at the crosman marauder pistol kit, tad expensive but £342 from www.rojal.si nearly £600 in uk. i recently bought a jacket and rifle rest kit from these www.ezfield.co.uk too.

16. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

The mrods look great ratman certainly one of my would like to own guns if i could pick one up cheap enough they seem to fetch daft cash up to what they cost new though

17. ratman60

ratman60 Very Active

hello, maybe if there were enough forum members interested to buy the marauder pistol kit www.rojal.si might to a better deal, forum member hypnotic golfer had no problem buying one.

18. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Will they import to uk at min tho kalibrgun uk and crew as messed up alot of eu importers sending items to the uk at min none ive tried for a cricket compact or edgun will entertain the idea of shipping to the uk at min

19. ped

ped Keyboard Hero

you can get a prod shipped from the states
    ped

20. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Ile look in to it ped mate but as i say im finding it hard to get any dealer to import at min esp if they frequent forums there isnt a chance in hell they will take the risk maybe all this royal mail blumf isnt helping too