1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Anything instead of CO2?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by elliot_rowley, May 10, 2007.

1. elliot_rowley

elliot_rowley Member

Can anything else in a capsule be used?
    Saw some nitrous oxide capsules on e-bay a while ago, which i think is used for drinks frothers.

2. Mick Dundee

Mick Dundee Engaging Member

Nitrous oxide

That's the laughing gas that dentists used when extracting teeth !

3. magicaxeman

magicaxeman Member

No its both illegal and dangerous as is using gases other than breathing air in PCP rifles..

4. elliot_rowley

elliot_rowley Member

Isn't using CO2, a little bad for the planet.....increasing my carbon footprint, and all that?

5. magicaxeman

magicaxeman Member

might be bad for the planet but at least its not risking the gun blowing up in your hand or armed response officers raiding you at 4 am..
    using any other gas than breathing air or C02 means you posses a prohibited weapon thus facing a little holiday at her majesty's pleasure..

6. elliot_rowley

elliot_rowley Member

Haven't seen any plain old beathing air capsules around.
    Even "AirSource" isn't air...it's CO2.

Nitrous-Oxide is only dangerous if there is a spark involved (like in an engine cylinder). The workings of my walther look to be brass, which won't spark.

Is CO2 used because of it's density?

7. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

Have you ever seen the Theoben Rapid that someone put something other than air in.:boom:

8. elliot_rowley

elliot_rowley Member

I think I read about it on another site, but not seen any pics.
    Was it the one that he used Oxygen or Acetylene in?

9. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

Yeh Oxygen. :confused:

10. magicaxeman

magicaxeman Member

I have a walther and they arnt just brass, there are plenty of bits that could cause a spark.. But thats not the important bit .. the important bit is that GAS GUNS, ie any gun using anything other than breathing air in the case of PCP's and co2 in the case of your walther have been a prohibited weapon for years.
    Nobody that doesnt want to see the inside of a jail cell is going to give you information via any of the airgun forums on how to/what to use with regard to illegal weapons.

11. Nobby.

Nobby. Newbie

Elliot, you shouldn't use anything other than the gas which the manufacturers suggest.

Oxygen, Nitrogen and even Butane:)eek:) I've heard of them all being used.

Put it this way, if you want to risk injury or death to yourself or those around you.....go right ahead.

It may well be illegal, but common sense must be what rules your head.

:rolleyes:

N.

12. elliot_rowley

elliot_rowley Member

It just seems a bit un-green.....
    Everyone else trying to lower their CO2 output, and there I am buying capsules of the stuff.
    If there were capsules of just air available, I would probably buy them instead.

13. Nobby.

Nobby. Newbie

You're worried about the amount of Co2 you use for each shot of your pistol/rifle?
    You're into R/C cars, aren't you?:confused: Have you ever stopped to think about how you're polluting the environment when you drive your car?

I seriously think you've got your priorities all wrong, mate.:D

Nobby.

14. custom100

custom100 Well-Known Member

i saw the picture,s of the rapid , stupid git was lucky to survive. only compressed air or co2 should be used,sorry can be used on "airguns" in the uk. god help any who are unfortunate to be caught using anything other than compressed air or co2 or worse beinjured or killed when something explodes.......just my opinion