1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone tried a HuMa regulator?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Domi, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Domi

Domi Member

I'm looking at getting a HuMa regulator for my Ultra SE to try level out the power curve but not entirely sure if it would be worth it. The sweet spot gets me about 35ish shots with an FPS spread of about 12 using JSB exacts and its knocking out 10.7 on the chrono on average.

So not too sure if I should live with it or give into my to tinkering needs and get a DIY HuMa regulator. Anyone had any experience with this regulator on an Ultra or in general? Shot count doesn't bother me too much, its more the power curve I'm keen to improve...

2. RichieRich

RichieRich Ping!

The offset is that you get more shots per fill and a lower spread. It depends on if you think that is worth the asking price, depending on what you use the rifle for.

3. rp00

rp00 Member

I had Huma reg fitted recently on my Scropion by XTX and it makes a huge difference, from 230 to around 80-90 bar: 80 shots, 8 fps spread.

4. timmytree

timmytree Top Poster

Regulators do the job they were designed for, but what about air usage? Typically an unregulated gun needs filling to 160-170 bar to hit the sweet spot, regulated guns get more shots but fill to a higher pressure, 200 bar+. A big consideration if you're filling with a pump or have a 232 bar bottle.

5. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

Just had a email from darrin 85 quid for tbe reg to diy no vent holes needed either :up:

6. JSB888

JSB888 Keyboard Hero

Got one on my R10, less than 1ft/sec spread now it's bedded in. The gun is less pellet fussy power wise and getting more shots per fill. Best thing I ever bought (next to the R10)

7. metalman

metalman Very Active

How many shots for that spread

8. Domi

Domi Member

That's something I hadn't thought about, I'm using a hills pump atm and 200 bar is fine. The thought of having too do 232 on the other hand isn't very appealing. I would be happy with just getting 30 - 40 shots along as they were between 200 - 100 bar and with a reasonable fps spread. That's also odd as the website has them listed at £100 for a DIY kit.

9. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

Tench or huma, both are excellent upgrades:)

10. timmytree

timmytree Top Poster

A lot depends on what you use your rifle for, my s200 is purely a walkabout hunting gun, I rarely use more than 20 shots although it gives me 40-45 in the sweet spot. So filling it is easy, even from 100 bar it's 2 minutes or less with a Hill pump to take it back to 155bar.
    If you're target shooting or plinking regularly and have a bottle then go for it.

11. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

You don't have to fill to 230bar, a lower pressure will just give fewer regulated shots. Your rifle cylinder should be marked with the maximum working pressure which should not be exceeded.
    Generally the higher fill pressure on a regulated rifle is what gives you the extra shots so if you're not going to be able to fill much above your sweet spot then you won't get the full benefit of the regulator.

12. JSB888

JSB888 Keyboard Hero

From 230 to 80 bar, 160 shots

13. JSB888

JSB888 Keyboard Hero

I use a pump to get my R10 to 230bar, it's like a workout :)

14. Domi

Domi Member

I must admit I think its my pump that's not keen on hitting 200+ I mean getting to 200 is easy then its almost impossible to push it over, to give an example it took 10 mins to go from 200 - 205... I'm also just hunting with it, unlike my springer it doesn't take much practice to hit what your aiming at so I've not really had to do much target work. Ofc that will change when I switch to rats...

But still I guess it might be better to hold off for a while, I'm really liking the Ultra atm and if ends up being a keeper I'll go ahead and fit one. Thanks guys!