1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone own or used an isp Spartan?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by tomsteebs, Mar 22, 2014.

1. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Hi,
    has anyone experienced the above rifle? I'm considering finding a way to afford one :)

Tom

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  2. mrtho

mrtho Busy Member

I own a Spartan,but am unfamiliar with the Annice?

ATB.

3. dave goodall

dave goodall Donator

I no a lad with a spartan pcp very nice bitof kit if fancy stuff is your cup of tea i myself wouldnt dare use it in the field more for a glass case if u ask me there not cheap either and ave to pre order to bebuilt to the specs u require

4. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Hi both,
    Edited the "annice" flipping phone.

I would use any rifle in the field for hunting, I dont like to own rifles that aren't gunna be used :)

How do they shoot? Are they regged, is the bolt very smooth? Etc.....
    Not a lot I can research into them really.
    I assume they are single shot?I'm not into fancy shiny stuff, just like classic looking rifles, I'm not overly taken by its looks, it would have to proper slick and precise to be worth the money imo.
    Tom

5. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

They are produced in much the same way as some top end stalking rifles, to me they are kind of replicas of the real thing that you can use.

Bit like what brockock revolvers were in a way.

But don't expect the performance to exceed some dedicated hunting airguns, like for example they do not have a large shot count and I think regulators can be added but the most are not as far as Im aware, also the low stocks are not ideal for mainstream scopes so again it puts you at a disadvantage in the field compared to mainstream stuff. Then there is the fact that if you drop it or mark it you would cry at the repair bills, not something you can buy down your local.

So the accuracy and shot count wont match some of the modern dedicated mainstream type guns but that is not the point of the gun.

The point is like said to replicate a full sized stalking rifle, but for me if I was spending 2 grand on a gun it would be a stalking rifle if you know what I mean, I think in modern times new airguns now have gone over the grand barrier and they are bloody expensive things considering you can buy a used CZ rimfire with a scope for about £250.

But if you ever get the chance to buy one secondhand for a lot less than new, be prepared for the fight because everyone secretly wants one if only for something to show your mates.

If you want to use it for the odd hunting stint that's fine but if it was me it would be like treading on thin Ice because Im already super carefull with what Ive already got, and even Ive got a limit to what I think Is acceptable to spend on an airgun, ( he says:rolleyes:) I admit to going to look at an airgun worth over the grand barrier next week but it better perform better than what Ive got otherwise I aint spending the money simple as that.

6. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

I don't worry about taking stuff in the field, an accident is a accident.

But yes I didn't think about scope height issue etc....
    I dont think as you say it is intented to be a performance rifle, and a Robert lane reg should fit it, which usually results in twice the shot count.s

Tbh, I reckon I could put together a m40a5 style daystate huntsman for about £800.

But the finish to the action looks nice on the Spartan, stocks look average.

I think it's one of those, Sunday afternoon sports car, type rifles.

But they will hold there value in years to come I thinks.

Maybe one rifle that will always be, one you want but don't want to give the money in exchange.

7. thumbhole

thumbhole Keyboard Hero

Tom why dont you ring Shaun at ISP he is MR ISP he will tell you shot count haw accurate etc etc If it uses same barrels as used in his airstreams which I think they do it will be as accurate as an accurate thing in the right hands think hes making one at moment so have a word. I have shot his airstreams and Known Shaun for many years. He has just made a reg for my EV2 to get rid of the 5hite one air arms make was .1 on the chrono thaught my chrono had give up until checked it against my mk4