1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

anyone own falcon scopes?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by tomsteebs, Apr 8, 2014.

1. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

been toying for about a year about getting one of the small x30 falcons, but whats always put me off is the ridiculous weight of them!

the 1.5-5x30 ir model weighs 565grams at just 10.8" long! how do they manage to make all the scopes so heavy!

in comparison- a bushnell legend 5-15x40 AO at 14.6" long weighs less by over 10%!

do they fill them with water or something? :rolleyes:

2. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

It's probably heavier glass and a thicker tube.

3. walker

walker Busy Member

got a falcon menace and a bushnell legend. the legend glass is better no end. but i like the falcon. the EMD reticule is quality. your right it is heavy. mines on my mfr so its not so bad.

4. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

It would be for a s200 and I'm trying to keep the weight either down or at the trigger for balance reasons, currently has the Bushnell on but just feels too big for the rifle.

From what I've seen of falcons, the reticles are super fine/thin and the glass is average if I'm honest, do you concurr? I'd say mtc standard....

Am I right in thinking falcon come with a very long guarantee?

5. landymick

landymick Big Poster

I think you should look at Bushnell legend or vortex in the smaller mag both good scopes,on my s200 i have a simmons 4-12x 40 AO in .177 & the .22 wears a Bushnell 3-9x40 sportsman (early Korean type) matt black,size & weight seem to suit the rifle & mount ok with no issues.

6. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Aye, vortex vipers and Nikon bdc scopes are something I was considering, but always wondered about falcons

7. Akita177

Akita177 The Absolute State of Britian podcast

I think my WTC 1.5-5x20 wieghed 270grams when i weighed it if my memory hasnt failed me, just basic 30/30 ret but then at low mag i find multi aim point rets fairly useless.

8. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Yes i would buy that in a flash (and may do so to swap one of my other scopes) but this is for a possible hft set up, so aimpoints would be useful....

9. DaveF

DaveF Busy Member

I have a falcon mennace 4-14x44 i shoot on 14x. i like this scope simply for the B20 reticule its very Fine with Half mil dots which for me are essential for HFT. The FT guys also use Falcons. it is a bit heavier than most but not the heaviest, you have to compare like with like. that small looking MTC connect weighs 650g my falcon 750g. shooting prone you don't notice the weight anyway, only on the unsupported standers

10. walker

walker Busy Member

the really fine reticule is the skeleton one. the EMD one is decent. its basically an extended half mil dot ret. plenty of aim points. i think a little hawke 2-7x32 would sit nicely on a s200. not amazing glass but good for the price. it all depends what you want to spend.

11. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Anything more than £150 seems unnecessary for what I want to be honest, the falcon and prostaffs look good and I'm yet to look into vortexs. Ao isn't needed, do you need more than 5x magnification as tbh I never use more than 6x mag and thats shooting rabbits at the same ranges....

12. Akita177

Though with at 4x or 5x mag in HFT you only ever going to use half a mildot holdover at the max 45yards so all the other points become useless on half mildot scopes.
    With that said i do well with a 3-9x40 panorama manualy PXed to 30yards using 5x 45yards is exactly half a mildot i find the reticle very fine and great for shot placement scope has a large sight picture and good FOV and the non AO version is light wieght and be be mounted low on the gun, depends wether you want to spend £120 on Hawke scopes.

13. engraver

engraver Keyboard Hero

Falcons are great for adding stability to a smallish rifle though, so long as you get it sat on the barrel and not perched on high mounts, for some weird reason I shoot my hw100 far better with a falcon mounted than any other scope Ive tried on it, I actually sold one then after a load of swapping about Ive ended up buying another.

The optics inmo are slightly better than MTC as I was shooting with mine the other night and it stayed bright right up to the sun going down, on par with my bushnells but just harder to pick out the ret on rabbits beyond 30 yrds in those conditions.

I find them bullet proof though and when you click the turrets it makes a proper click not like say a mushy mtc viper, plus the lads across the pond sit these on .308s and are putting some seriously long range groups in, so a lot of that weight is a sign of their inherent internal toughness, I like them, even though Im a Bushnell fan.

They would sit on a .243 as well as an airgun, that's why I like them, yes the zoom is stiff but it all gives an impression of toughness to me, well built and of course the aimpoints don't change on the FFP vesions, and it makes hunting situations much easier to range.

If you want to push the extreme range of your airgun or rimfire in the field, I think the 4-14x44 FFP with fine ML16 ret crosshair takes some beating.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  14. scoie

scoie Busy Member

As Engraver has said 100%

15. Akita177

Im pretty sure in the UK they have a 10year guarantee, i think thats what they said when i rang to get some info on a T50.