1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Had An Hft 500 Regged?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Phil Kennett, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Phil Kennett

Phil Kennett Engaging Member

I am considering the above, would be interested in anyones experiences

What reg did you go for
    Was it worth it?
    Any problems?
    How many shots per fill?
    What FPS spread?

Any feedback welcome

Thanks

2. SpeckleD

SpeckleD Donator

Hi Phil,
    I wouldnt bother pal, the 500 is spot on as it is, installing a reg will only add more complexity and something to go wrong.
    My advice is keep it as it is bud.

3. hamza

hamza Posting Addict

agreed. Mine shoots to within 5fps over 10 shot string. Don't see the point in adding a reg.

4. Phil Kennett

Thanks, there is certainly something in what you say, but I have an itch that needs scratching, there seems to be a few getting done but you dont hear much feedback, hence my asking on here.

5. hamza

hamza Posting Addict

are you on STB? I can't remember who but a couple of the members on there had done this. I'd try asking there.

6. Phil Kennett

Mine does as well, I get around 70 shots in the sweet spot at my desired FPS a tuner claims 200 and a gun that shoots with a quicker firing cycle and deader, Hence just asking about

7. Phil Kennett

Most HFT shooters stay std, there are a few BR chaps who have gone regged and appear happy, I am not yet convinced but open to feedback

8. Blackmax

Blackmax Forum Rude Guy

Hi Phil,
    Your HFT500's are absolutely spot on, no need to change them. As others have said no need to add complication to an already efficient design.

If that's not enough convincing, my mate Vinny Holland has an HFT500 and apart from what you've already done it's standard. Need I say more.

Andy

9. Phil Kennett

Thanks Andy

10. Blackmax

Blackmax Forum Rude Guy

Any time Phil.

11. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 2018 Forum Nice Guy - Pepe Le Pew

I briefly had a regged S410, the reg did it’s job but worth noting that AA’s typically do not take to regging well for whatever reason, plus the need for drilling the cylinder makes the process irreversible. So if you’ve crossed that line, there’s no return so there’s little point in regging a gun that’s already performing well.

Otherwise I’ve had several S### guns, one went to AA for a free service as it was over powered and all the others went to @Blackmax

Andy stripped, cleaned and polished everything and I kid you not! A full fill of 80 shots with a max spread of 20 FPS which includes the drop off! Now that takes on any regged gun IMO.

The platform is sound, and with a little Andy love you get a regged gun without regging it ;)

Blackmax and pbrown like this.
  12. Air arms boy

Air arms boy Wear sunscreen!

Phil if you adamant it has to be regulated wait for the new ratworks external Reg ..

it will come with a new cylinder in different materials (different weights for what people like) plus a few other bits n bobs:thumb: (I personally can’t wait)

Blackmax and mikeyhall1 like this.
  13. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 2018 Forum Nice Guy - Pepe Le Pew

You know all the gossip ;):p

Sounds good Shane mate

14. Bezzer

Bezzer Busy Member

I have regged my HFT 500 with a Lane....but I also carbined it so did it to get the shot count back up with a good spread. Get 100 shots from a 300mm carbine cylinder, can imagine you would get close to 200 with the standard 480mm cylinder. As said I wouldn't have bothered if it was standard, takes a lot of time and testing to get any AirArms rifle regged and running spot on, I have also Laned my 400 carbine.

15. Phil Kennett

Thanks Mikey
    As you know, Andy had fettled with both my HFT500's, both shooting well with spreads of less than 20 FPS over 70 shots, more than enough for an HFT comp. However, that spread in not in the same league as a well set up regged gun. My Red wolf goes hundreds of shots at less than half of that spread (at an admittedly extortionate price :)) , I have shot FTP's with spreads of approx 3 fps with a bit of TLC. The point however is that we all love to fettle and tweak our guns, if there are small improvements that make the gun feel nicer then why not give it a go. I have had feedback that several guys have successfully regged HFT 500's and managed to reduce hammer bounce and are supposedly deader to shoot, I haven't however managed to get to shoot one yet.

I recently shot a guys 500 which had a very modified trigger (a weak point on HFT500) he had totally re-profiled the sears by removing metal and re-adding liquid metal which totally changed the feel of the how it shot, more accurate no, nicer to shoot, most definitely.
    So I am not looking to improve accuracy, but if I can find tweaks here and there to improve how the gun feels and shoots, then that's what this great hobby/sport is about for me.
    I get to shoots lots of guns on the HFT circuit, Steyr, Anschutz, ISP, Walther, some I like some I don't, but nearly all of them have been tweaked to the owners preferences, the weak link however is nearly always the shooter;)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
    mikeyhall1 likes this.
  16. Phil Kennett

Thanks for your feedback

17. Phil Kennett

Not adamant at all mate, and unlikely to do owt until I have shot one that has been modded:)

18. Air arms boy

Air arms boy Wear sunscreen!

When my S400 is done by Phil I will let you know..:)

19. Phil Kennett

Look forward to it Shane :)

Air arms boy likes this.