1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Any safe couriers to use for sending a PCP?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Beachcomber, Apr 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beachcomber

Beachcomber Donator

Just confirmed with parcelforce that they will not accept PCP's.

Does anyone know of a courier that will definitely 100% carry a PCP with no problems? Just sold one and don't want any headaches!

Cheers.

2. Whistler1

Whistler1 Donator

Only option available,is RFD to RFD transfer bud.I purchased a rifle yesterday,and its going to my RFD on tuesday.I am also selling a rifle,and will have to do the same,when it goes.We will all be shooting springers this time next year...lol

3. larryking28

larryking28 Busy Member

Only other option is to send it and keep quiet as to exactly what it is.
    That is far from the best idea though as if it is lost or damaged you will then have to admit what it really was and you won't get any sort of payout as they don't knowingly carry air weapons.

4. smudgerii

smudgerii Busy Member

Confirmed with who? Parcelforce depot or at the post office????

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  5. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

Howdo mate, sending you a pm ................

Ichabod.

6. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

Who does the RFD use?

7. ratman60

ratman60 Very Active

hello, i thought parcel force did?? but now not Royal Mail? need to post a rifle myself soon Co2 jobby. of course without a capsule.

8. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

Unless something has changed, the answer to this age old question is that no couriers will knowingly accept airguns from private individuals, other that Parcel Farce.

From their webshite:

Further:

So according to the above you can send a sub-12ftlb rifle, providing you only use Express 48 and inexplicably don't expect additional compensation should the meatheads wreck or lose it for you :rolleyes:

However.. the conditions on their site also state:

Note that this is Parcel Farce Worldwide, not the domestic variant, but some idiot may be misinterpreting the clause of pressure vessels. Also I've heard of stuff being diverted and destroyed for having compressed gas content - namely CO2 pistols. The prohibition of PCPs might have been due to the fact that they contain an integral pressure vessel, although this doesn't appear to be specifically prohibited on their site.

Tbh as with most the staff often don't appear to know their arses from their elbows (to be fair PF seem to move the goal posts a lot); our case is probably prejudiced further by the army of old, potentially anti-gun women who staff many Post Orifice counters (although to be fair those at my local are mostly pretty good).

To clarify the trade use all the usual suspects; Parcel Farce, TNT, Fed Ex, UPS... the difference is that these carriers will all take Airguns for those with trade accounts. In addition the same, non-vetted, non-licensed drivers will be responsible for carrying firearms (yes, "proper" ones - centrefire rifles etc) for the trade, while private individuals have to jump through all the usual hoops to get an FAC and be considered to be responsible to be in posession of such guns.

The whole issue with Parcel Farce is ridiculous and convoluted; probably as the result of those who make the rules neither knowing nor caring about the items they're asked to carry, being actively anti-gun or simply seeking to exploit the situation for their own ends (no compensation for no good reason).

As usual we're an unfashionable minority that can be freely shat-on during the pursuit of everyone elses agendas - a situation that will probably only get worse now that the RM has been flogged off at a knock-off rate so that tosspiece Cameron's cronies can run it into the ground and asset-strip it for their own gain :mad:

In answer to the original question, unless you want to pay through the nose for a gunshop to send it to another gunshop (potentially two sets of £25 handling fees plus the carriage charge, anyone? :rolleyes:) your only choice appears to be to send it via Parcel Farce anyway.

You could de-pressurise it as a tip of the hat towards safety / regs (carriers will only take air cylinders if they're empty, which I suppose is fair enough), pack it well and euphamise the contents as much as possible when the nosey cow in the PO ask what's inside - "sporting equipment" is often sufficient. Familiarise yourself with the consequences of getting rumbled, ensure that the buyer knows that it's being sent at their risk and what the max compensation is should it all go wrong and cross your fingers..:rolleyes:

9. Whistler1

Whistler1 Donator

Mine uses TNT,but he has an account with them.From what Darrin [xtx] is going through trying to get an intrview set up
    to get an account...they wont take non account holders Rifles,thats for sure.Its the pressurised cylinder ban,empty or full thats knackering the sending of pcp rifles by RM & PF.Some one has said taking your rifle to your local PF depo for posting,by passes the x-ray scenario...true,i dont know.I cant be anoid with the hastle,after being through the Belfast return centre fiasco,so its RFD for me :)

10. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

It sounds to me like either sending through rfds now, or at your risk you may aswell use myhermes as they are cheapest and probs don't use x-rays as a result.

I wouldn't risk it....

11. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

[/QUOTE]
    You could de-pressurise it as a tip of the hat towards safety / regs (carriers will only take air cylinders if they're empty, which I suppose is fair enough), pack it well and euphamise the contents as much as possible when the nosey cow in the PO ask what's inside - "sporting equipment" is often sufficient. Familiarise yourself with the consequences of getting rumbled, ensure that the buyer knows that it's being sent at their risk and what the max compensation is should it all go wrong and cross your fingers..:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Apparently even un-pressurized cylinders that have the ability to be pressurized aren't aloud now :D

12. cloverleaf

Well, that's a fine indication that whoever's in charge hasn't got a ******* clue, then :rolleyes::down:

13. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

Why don't they just say no air rifles, it would make it less deceptive as to there protocols/rules.

I'm taking all my info from xtx Facebook update on Wednesday. He said springers, pcps, scuba tanks, the lot are a no go.
    The used market is going to suffer reasonably badly I thinks....

14. cloverleaf

Probably because those making the rules haven't got a clue as usual.

Not questioning Darrin at all, but some of that information directly contradicts the quotes from their (current) website I posted earlier.. does he give a source for his information?

15. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

No I THINK he said he had been informed (so I assume by a member of royal mail he deals with)
    People could print the current written rules out and use as a proof, but considering how long parcelforce (if they even did in the end) took to change there rules and inform there staff when they were aloud. Then I see no reason why it couldn't be the same here....

I have a buyer for a rifle I'm selling but he wants it posted....

16. ratman60

ratman60 Very Active

i see MYhermes prohibit the sending of weapons too?? so as mike (cloverleaf) P/F and put sporting goods. that was a nice HW springer mike.

17. tomsteebs

tomsteebs Donator

I wouldn't try and find loop holes in terms, they aren't allowing airguns so, unless it's lost, they'd probs want proof of damage....
    Just my thoughts

18. Beachcomber

Beachcomber Donator

I spoke to the Parcelforce help line and asked the operative to confirm with a manager - pressurised cylinders are a no-no.
    As for ending empty - I guess it's hard to tell is a cylinder is empty by looks alone as not all have a guage.

19. ambriel

ambriel Engaging Member

I ran into this just last week when I tried to order a batch of 12g CO2 capsules for the air pistol on Amazon. Got a nice price for 90 and put the order through, only to have a confirmation of despatch and then a notice of refund a couple of hours later. No correspondence or anything, they just cancelled the order.

Tried again with another supplier but emailed them first and they wanted an extra £15 for the courier to deliver them to our (mainland) postcode. Their excuse was that Royal Mail wouldn't take them and the courier charged extra for the Highlands. (This is something that p****s us off mightily up here.)

I checked the Royal Mail website and CO2 capsules are indeed a banned item - Why FFS? 12g of CO2 isn't going to spoil anybody's day. Not even a kilo. It's not even flammable.

Eventually put an order in with someone on Ebay who doesn't seem to have any qualms about sticking them in the postbox...

20. smudgerii

smudgerii Busy Member

pressurised cylinders are prohibited, always have been. How you prove it is empty is difficult, but not impossible. Most of the consignments that contain weapons are marked as "Do not send by Air Freight", and therefore are not subject to x-ray at anytime. Many of them are sent in hardcases, with combination locks fitted.. We presume the text / post the combination to the recipient..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.