1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Any advice for a lazy gardener?

Discussion in 'General chit chat' started by Donki Oaty, May 9, 2012.

1. Donki Oaty

Donki Oaty Post Whore

Every year its the same, I drag my mower out when the grass gets long and while I'm at it I take a strimmer to the borders!
    I know some of you will think "What a lazy git" but I really can't be arsed with wasting my time on something I don't like doing?

What I'm after is a little advice on what I can do with the aforementioned borders to make the garden look more maintained without actually putting myself out too much or even something that will make me like to do a little gardening. Any tips or advice will be appreciated.

2. reaper6

reaper6 Banned

I have always found if you want a low maintenance garden ie no mowing or strimming......Roundup pro biactive:rolleyes: and i guarrantee you wont need to cut your grass again this year

3. andy46

andy46 Donator

buy a goat,then you wont have to mow at all,or have no garden left

4. Egg

Egg Major Poster

Pay someone else to do it.

5. CaptainMP

CaptainMP Engaging Member

Gravel, decking, water feature and pot plants worked at my last house, zero maintenance!

6. Donki Oaty

Donki Oaty Post Whore

When I was a kid ;) we used to have a goat!
    We also had Geese, Stags, Partridges and Pheasants. So due to all these animals I was never really introduced to gardening.

7. Margaret13

Margaret13 Honorary Member

I love gardening can't wait for the better weather to get outside,but if you don't you could do what my neighbour has done just have crazy paving and some flowers pots for some colour ......:thumb:

8. Donki Oaty

Donki Oaty Post Whore

It's a large garden so without spending a fortune on concrete I've thought about sectioning the last half off and buying a shed load of meadow flower seeds, spreading them about and mowing the first half.

9. Margaret13

Margaret13 Honorary Member

Yes can cost I think she had a bit done at a time until it was all done .....the only thing with that is its ok while they look nice but not long before they are just as hard work if not harder ...Good luck and happy gardening :D

10. simon180399

simon180399 Post Whore

a few chickens bud, within a week you wont have any grass and you're borders will be dug (well scratched) job done, and you get eggs each day, plus if you are lucky/unlucky you will get a few rats thrown in too, just for good measure.

failing the above though i would resort to decking, bark covered pathways and a shrub planted border covered with bark chips to keep the weeds down and retain moisture.

we had grass here and i really couldn't be bothered half the time and it really did look a mess, so in the end i covered it with weed control fabric and spent £120 on buff coloured gravel and ive never looked back, our grass was terrible though as we have a large birch tee up the end of the garden and that just saps any moisture out of the ground.

hth
    simon

11. jolo-bolo

jolo-bolo Donator

Concrete the lot flat paint green or concrete and astro turf sorted

12. old lad

old lad Busy Member

Geese.

13. Donki Oaty

Donki Oaty Post Whore

Just sold 36 decoys! I had 3 out in the garden and all that came down was a pair of mallards!

14. old lad

old lad Busy Member

I've got a 1/2 acre orchard, got sick of mowing it so I put some geese on. I just have to strim out the corners where nettles and such try to get hold, happen once a month spring/ summer. For the price of a bit of mixed corn during winter I get my grass mowed, free omelettes from Feb till the end of April and on site security 24/7. :cool: