1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Anti's

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by Kgbow, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Kgbow

Kgbow Active Member

I put a post up a couple days ago about my rather pleasant experience with a couple rabbits. I also put a (Facebook edited) version up on facebook. Now, I don't usually do this as you shouldn't force people to see what they don't want. But, the post itself was completely harmless and Infact shows the softer side to our sport.

Ohhhh man did one of my supposed "friends" give me stick. They came out all guns blazing! Going on and on about fighting to the death to see our right to go near a firearm removed. Besides a lot of support from my everyone else there is always an anti lurking everywhere isn't there? Shame really. I'm beginning to regret daring him to dress up as the Easter bunny! ;)

2. Tripleteer

Tripleteer Donator

Farcebook is the last place you as a shooter should post ANYTHING shooting related, it's not what you think it's what your friends friends think. would not touch Farcebook with a barge pole!!!!! atb Paul.

3. Trampilot

Trampilot Keyboard Hero

Bet he wouldn't say it to your face.

4. Stevie Darling

Stevie Darling Sexual tyrannosaurus

I'm an anti!

anti Facebook!!!!!

5. Kgbow

Kgbow Active Member

Too true. He got quite abusive. Very abusive Infact. I'm giving up on Facebook. Buying something nice from the gunsmiths to cheer myself up. :)

6. greyskull

greyskull Posting Addict

Bit of Retail Therapy will do you the world of good:D
    Atb Nev.

7. tombillings916

tombillings916 Donator

Was out on my perm today and bumped into a couple out on a walk on the other side of the boundary fence, when they asked if I was shooting rabbits and I said I was (here we go, another row coming I thought!) but they fully supported it saying that they could see the amount of damage they do and also an Air Rifle was a humane way to despatch any that had Mixy and where they live in North Yorkshire many rabbits are really suffering with it. It just goes to show that there are people out there who do see the bigger picture and actually appreciate us who do engage in Pest control and are supportive in our actions.

8. swsmith20

swsmith20 Donator

I am to, cant stand facebook

9. Kgbow

Kgbow Active Member

Too right. Where I live the whole village is quite "traditional" about these things. They've grown up with this as a way of life. It's when "we" "ruin" the holiday makers fun.

10. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

I wouldn't go anywhere near Facefook or any other of it's ilk, Twatter et al. I think people that do are being very foolish.

11. dancza

dancza Donator

Facebook tends to just cause trouble, The Jeremy Kyle show proves this.

12. droid

droid Posting Addict

Not condoning the way that was handled in your case but I must admit I don't like seeing kill shots on non hunting groups or forums. Not all shooters are hunters.

Mostly I just pass them over unless they are too graphic then I do make a (constructive) comment.

13. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

Well I feel pretty much the same, I know that vermin and pest control has to happen sometimes, for various reasons, and even though I am well aware of where me meat comes from, I just don't want to kill things. I didn't always feel like this, in my yoof, I must have shot me fair share of critters. I suppose it's that as I have grown older I have come to value life in a different way. I am just a paper popper these days, and as such I just avoid threads about hunting, especially if they have photos of dead critters.

I think it comes down to some extent to "live and let live".....Hmmmmmmm, bad choice of words there!:) Still I reckon you will know what I mean, I don't give anyone a hard time if they have a preference for hunting, as long as they do it in a humane manner, and don't cause unnecessary suffering. I do get upset by people who seem to relish the killing, I don't understand that mindset, I understand pest control, I understand hunting for the pot, but people who derive great pleasure from killing things just for sport or for entertainment, are beyond my understanding really.

Still all the above is just me.:)

14. Jim of Cov

Jim of Cov Donator

I think you have to persevere with social media because if you throw in the towel you've conceded ground to the haters. Hugh Fearnly-Whittingstall (HF-W) is regularly seen killing for the pot, including shooting deer. The Haters malignancy is revealed in their spittle-flecked rants. They show their hand to any neutrals. Be yourself, state your case, don't argue. Spare the rope.

15. Ichabod Armacost

Ichabod Armacost Donator

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  16. Wynne G Oldman

Wynne G Oldman Engaging Member

Well put. Pretty much the same as my story and how I feel really. ;)

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  17. neiled

neiled Donator

I can understand and accept your viewpoint's but mine's totally the opposite.

I only follow a few forums (don't do social media) and they're all shooting ones so to have posts on hunting and pictures of quarry are quite acceptable to me in fact I enjoy reading and seeing them. I'm a hunter myself (most things go in the pot) so find other hunters tales and tips very informative and contrary to yourselves I tend not to read any HFT/FT threads as they don't interest me in the least........but as you say, each to their own :)

I have to agree in that I think the OP was rather naïve to put something about hunting on a non-shooting forum or website though :eek:

18. Wynne G Oldman

I'm not against others hunting, I used to enjoy it myself, when I was younger, and I'd still do it if I had say a pest problem, It's just that these days, I'd rather shoot paper. I've just got a bit more "live and let live" as I've got older, I suppose.

19. Beachcomber

Beachcomber Donator

I believe anyone who has an aversion to images of hunting just proves how detached they have become from the realities of the food chain.

20. Wynne G Oldman

Good point.