1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Anti tamper

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Andy, Mar 9, 2008.

1. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

Have you bought a new gun lately with anti tamper fitted, i have heard that Air arms are now fitting AT shear bolts to the breach housing. :down:
    Has anyone got the above to confirm this.

2. simply james

simply james Banned

well i have a good friend that has just bought one lately,and he was informed from the gun shop that what you have just said is true,lets be truthefull hear if any one with any knolege of guns wanted to tamper with the old models it was very easy to do.not that i condone it ,but it was easy.

3. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

I read something year's (2-3years) ago abt this, that this would happen, l think it was in air gunner mag...cant remember, it was something to do with stopping the power being turned up...l though bk then it wouldn't happen, because if you cant turn it up....on the other hand you cant turn it down, as the gun begins to wear in...so more cost to us as the gun will have to go to a gunsmith:down:

4. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

The security screws are ok because you can buy the drivers almost any ware nowadays.
    But the shear bolts is taking the p**s.
    It is the owners responsibility to make sure the gun stays within the law, i think even gunsmiths will refuse to work on them so it will be back to the factory.
    Even guns that are been sent to Air arms for servicing are coming back with anti tamper fitted. :mad:

5. Buzz

Buzz Banned

I've gotten a new S410 and YES...it has a shear bolt.

6. milo2005

milo2005 Engaging Member

thats why police put speed cams up cos people don't stay in the law:mod::frusty::frusty::frusty: as 4 the anti-pamper its a joke:jaw::jaw:

7. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Err ... am I missing something here ... why would you want to turn the power up if this breaks the law? :confused:

8. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

I am in the motor trade,and they put these shear bolts on steering locks and a few other bits and bobs.If they are accessible believe me it doesn't take long to remove them !!!.I believe it should be everybody's right to strip and service there own rifles if they wish.A large amount of rifles are being sent back to Air Arms because they are being sent out of the factory very underpowered.This must be keeping them busy.I bet it doesn't take them long to remove the bolts ;)

9. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

ok lads anti tamper is with us my 2 year old rapid s type is fitted with a plate at the rear of the action so you can not adjust the power . word is the police approached all air gun makers and told them to do this or they would push harder for a ban on our sport .where do you stand in the eyes of the law if you remove your anti tamper and your gun is running at 11.5 if checked . i have been informed if you did that and you power adjuster wheel or allen key adapter was able to turn the gun up past 12fpe energy you are in big trouble any one else heard simillar

10. Mick Dundee

Mick Dundee Engaging Member

Anti tamper.

Andy, are we just talking Pre charged guns here?

11. simply james

simply james Banned

i had one of the first theoben rapid7s when they first come out many years ago,it was just a allen key to turn the power right up with a few simple things done to take it up to fac power,it is tempting for the young ones ,but to be truthefull if you dont hace a fac is it worth loosing your rifle your shoot a big fine and a criminal record,i dont think so 12lb is enough to dispatch most quarry thats on the airgunners list,and as some one else has said its as easy to do to a spring gun but whats the point,better safe then sorry you hear some right bodge jobs people looking for power ,if you need more power get a fac properly go down the right channel,me my self i take all the things i want with a standard gun and ive been shooting for42 years .

12. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

I think it's not so much the power, but more where you place your shot.

13. milo2005

milo2005 Engaging Member

if you know what you are doing you don't need to touch the anti-tamper on a rapid to get it over 12ft/lb,so i my eyes its a joke .the reason why
    they put them on is to keep the:mad: government :mad:departments happy

14. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

what i am trying to say is right you have an old style rapid which i have had in the past and every one i have had would creep up well ove 12 fpe just with use but you could knock it back down to just bellow 12fpe which is enough power for myself . so you can not do this if it happens with a one with anti tamper fitted .so with an old style rapid you set the power at 11.5 but a copper puts in an allen key and finds it can go over 12fpe you are up sh..t creek is i right or wrong

15. steve410

steve410 Big Poster

I would say TC that as the law stands at the moment,they have no authority to adjust the power settings of anybody's gun.If you had a power adjuster on the outside,like some export models then yes this might be the case :(

16. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

My S410 is abt 5 years old now, and l have alway been able to tweek mine

17. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

well lads i have heard if yor power adjuster works on your gun and its possible to use it to go over 12 fpe your in trouble

18. simply james

simply james Banned

i agree with top cat,you will always get one akward copper who will want to tinker with your gun,but if your on your shooting land then it is he who is tresspassing,as ive stopped police before from entering private land they have no right to be on,airguns have that much bad press that if some one phones the police saying some one is using a airgun they will turn out straight away,if you phone to say you have been burgled,they say we will get some one out as soon as we have some one available ,airguns always get the police interested its a fact.

19. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

Wrong....because my S410 REG'ED FAC:up:

Last edited: Mar 10, 2008
  20. topcat

topcat Posting Addict

Explain andy it might be ok for you having a fac but what i said came from a good source