1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Another One Bites The Dust

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by TinCan Tony, Jun 1, 2020.

1. TinCan Tony

TinCan Tony Can I video that?

I notice Kalibrgun - @Kalibrgun - has earned himself a permanent holiday from AGF. Joined in February, out in May.

Are there people joining this forum just to flog their wares using whatever methods they can? :shrug:

Why can some people just not follow simple rules? :confused:

ibo7, Howlin Wolf, snipperuk and 5 others like this.
  2. mikeyhall1

mikeyhall1 Amazing Poster

Seems that way TC, and the amount of bitchiness that’s accompanying these people is unreal.

ibo7, Howlin Wolf, Reevo17 and 3 others like this.
  3. Mark lord

Mark lord Busy Member

You know . I had a short conversation with him about hunting . Just a general chat . I do not hunt but have absolutely nothing against it i just target shoot . I hate rats and greys but anyway during this brief type chat he tried to flog me two or three bits of kit . He was pleasant , a little pushy but nice enough . Didnt even realise that was his MO . Couldnt believe it when i saw he was banned , i would hate to get chucked off here .

4. littleJon365

littleJon365 Democracy unless they disagree

seems to be loads of them like that over the last few months. it really bothers me when the only posts are sales adverts, and most of them at almost the same price as new.

Howlin Wolf and Blackmax like this.
  5. EliteClarity

EliteClarity Official Cockwomble. Has a GIF for every occasion

Sadly, despite everyone's best efforts (And the Mods here seem really on top of it) at times the Internet is just a digital Cash Converters with a screen and a keyboard to hide behind while people peddle their broken/stolen wares.

"When morality comes up against profit, it is seldom that profit loses."

6. Jukebox

Jukebox Better to burn out...than to fade away.

Anyone noticed the increase in members that dont post much about shooting but have massive conspiracy theory opinions on Covid?
    Loads to say on that topic or being argumentative in other general topics...but beggar all on air rifles:confused:

Wild Bill, rmcn82, Paul55 and 6 others like this.
  7. Popgun

Popgun Donator

I am on the ybw.com boating forum & its surprising how many are allowed to stay, they are sh it stirrers & trolls who have no boating input whatever.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
    Howlin Wolf likes this.
  8. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Super Moderator Staff Member Mod/Admin

AGF is primarily a community for enthusiasts to discuss their common interest, while the sales section is peripheral and intended to serve those who've joined for said discussion.

Admin take a dim view of those whose only "contributions" are to the sales section and such members who seek to profit off the free platform we provide while offering nothing in return are likely to receive particular scrutiny. Obviously when they can't even respect the sales rules it's an easy decision to shove them out the door.

The forum has accrued an unprecedented amount of new members since Covid kicked off, and sadly it seems amongst these have been a few scumbags left with nowhere to sell in the vacuum left by free ads. As always we strive to bin these chancers in an effort to keep the forum safe and pleasant for its members :)

ADW, Neil Curtis, audi swift and 43 others like this.
  9. 1260engineer

1260engineer Precision matters

:popcorn: tiz all interesting stuff ... carnt believe anyone on here would want to buy a air rifle tho ... must be poppycock .....

Mice! and Dayrth like this.
  10. Popgun

Popgun Donator

Bear in mind Freeads has also stopped all shooting related items, to the sellers needed another outlet

Psssssst
    wana buy a scope :thumb:

Howlin Wolf likes this.
  11. 1260engineer

1260engineer Precision matters

are all the sales papers being poked with a shape stick from somewhere above :facepalm:

sorry did edit :facepalm: thought it dident write it

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
  12. Tom A

Tom A Posting Addict

I wouldn't be surprised if the mods take a member's contribution to the forum as a whole into account when handing out punishments. Somebody who doesn't have 90% of their posts in the sales section is probably going to get more chances.

13. ZAKDINGEL

ZAKDINGEL Engaging Member

I toally agree that there's some who more than likely used to post on free adds have decided to use this forum as there private sales pages but if your not prepaid to talk to others and offer advise were you can and also learn from the knowledge from other members then this is not the place ---I sometimes think if writing anything not to come across trying to teach your granny to such eggs!!!!!! as there is many of old hands on here but no doubt like my self still learning new tricks and will have forgot as much as many newcomers think they no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NIVEA and TORNADOS7 like this.
  14. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Top Poster

Been on here over 10yrs now, not bought anything nore sold anything on the fer sales forum, probably not contributed much to the forum either, well, not much of any use anyway... :D:up:

15. Chocki

Chocki Engaging Member

I only joined this year, so a newbie. Out of curiosity, how long has this forum been going, I guess from Tornados7 post over ten years.

TORNADOS7 likes this.
  16. Felixlogs

Felixlogs Keyboard Hero

When somebody shows themself to be like that, I find it a good idea to not interact with them. I used to spend a lot of time on a very good treework website but there are too many people on there now who just want to shout people down and be abusive so I now only go on there when I want something, not to contribute.

Jukebox likes this.
  17. Jukebox

Jukebox Better to burn out...than to fade away.

Not that long mate @TORNADOS7 just sat on the internet for 4 years waiting for the rest of us to show up and join him :D

Mice!, Jonny86, CaptBlue69 and 4 others like this.
  18. TORNADOS7

TORNADOS7 Top Poster

Being the technophobe that I am it took me the first 4yrs to work out how to post !... :laff:

19. Tim_B

Tim_B Pro Poster

I've bought and sold a bit - but wouldn't consider it if I didn't contribute

Wild Bill, The Robin and TORNADOS7 like this.
  20. callum taylor

callum taylor Busy Member

Yes I’ve noticed he was supposed to be sending me pic of an off-roader he had for sale.

TORNADOS7 likes this.