1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Another Hw97k Question

Discussion in 'Technical' started by RobTaylor, Sep 12, 2019.

1. RobTaylor

RobTaylor Engaging Member

Hello all.

I have really fallen in love with my 97kt recently (lightning out of action for a while) but the twang is really starting to annoy me now. Happy with the power and accuracy.
    I was looking at a cheap tbt kit on ebay for about £25. Has the spring guides and spacers. Has anyone used one of these kits and does it eliminate the twang?
    Also, I've read on here that making a sleeve from ptfe sheet quietens it down too.
    Would I still need the ptfe if I put the tbt guides in?

2. the logun-ator

the logun-ator "can i,? wey aye man!"

spring guides do quieten it down slightly but to deaden it you need to sleeve it
    ive done it with all my springers
    PTFE sheats from the bay are less than a fiver for a A4 sized you just need to make sure youve got the space to fit them
    0.5 and 0.25 ,ive both.
    start to Finnish the job will take 10 mins
    you WILL be pleased with the results.

Tyler durdon, SeanE and RobTaylor like this.
  3. Vangard

Vangard Busy Member

I have the tbt drop in kit and it made the shot cycle very nice indeed in my .177 kt. But I still had some twang (not a lot) so I have sleeved the piston with ptfe.
    This makes it much more quiet, so much so I am going to do it to my other 97kt in .22 even though that one is not as bad.

Tyler durdon and RobTaylor like this.
  4. RobTaylor

Right ok. Well for the price of ptfe sheet, I may as well put a sleeve in while I'm at it then. Thanks

Brad75 likes this.
  5. Gaz2121

Gaz2121 Gazza

If that drop in kit from EBay is the one I tried it will need a lot of work to get it to fit .
    I had to take quite a bit off the diameter to get it to fit my spring and piston . Go for a TBT kit for an extra fiver .

Patton and RobTaylor like this.
  6. Deejayuu

Deejayuu Donator

Good info. so far. Would like to remind you to check spring for snug fit onto guide too. Sleeving the guide may also be useful.

RobTaylor likes this.
  7. RobTaylor

It's the tbt kit I'm looking at. The basic kit.

8. shauny

shauny Top Poster

drop in kits are ok ,if they fit.there is too much variation on spring ids to get a nice fit in all springs they are supposed to fit.

Tyler durdon, Blackmax and RobTaylor like this.
  9. the logun-ator

Yea I've found the same.
    Im lucky enough to have a small lathe/mill so I make them and other stuff my self for a fraction of the cost of buying ready made items

Tyler durdon, Patton and shauny like this.
  10. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

if you order it through here or on his website http://www.airrifletuning.com/ @Tinbum does free delivery for forum members

Blackmax and RobTaylor like this.
  11. RobTaylor

Too late, ordered this morning with a suppressor kit. Still only a few quid delivery though but good to know for future reference.

12. Jester

Jester Rhubarb

I believe Tinbum will refund the postage if you make your membership known.

Tinbum, monsta41 and RobTaylor like this.
  13. Jester

Jester Rhubarb

I dont suppose you took measurements before final fitting? Might save a few people some time :)

14. RobTaylor

I'll send him a message. Be a great result if I get free postage. Cheers

15. the logun-ator

it all depends on the gap between the outside of the spring and the inner piston wall weather you need 0.5 or 0.25mm PTFE
    All mine were different
    easy way to do it is buy both sizes,as mentioned i did all mine,even smoothed ones that didnt twang
    mark the spring/coil just as it enters the back of the piston
    remove the spring,wrap the PTFE sheet round it,cut to the required length+5mm
    cut to the right size round so it doesnt overlap
    cut 5mm teeth bellow like so /\/\/\/\/\ this bends round the spring to hold it in the bottom against the piston
    push it in,mark any overlap with marker pen and trim
    Finnish with a small grape sized dollop of some medium weight grease all over the spring and the jobs a goodn.

Vangard and Jester like this.
  16. Jester

Jester Rhubarb

Perfect, thanks for detailed info :thumb:

the logun-ator likes this.
  17. Tinbum

Tinbum Delusions of adequacy

Free postage is available to all forum members who buy from me direct via www.airrifletuning.com or 0800 77 20 177. ;)

18. Vangard

Vangard Busy Member

Thanks for that mate I couldn't have put it better myself.

the logun-ator likes this.
  19. Sean110

Sean110 Engaging Member

The tbt kit in mine totally silenced the twang, the only noise i get now is pulling the trigger!

20. RobTaylor

So, stripped it down today to put the kit in. In front of the spring was a metal washer and a small o ring that I wasn't expecting. Can't see it on any 97k diagrams, but this was bought new and hasn't been stripped before. I left it there and installed the kit anyway. Seems to fire okay, but has anyone else got this extra washer and o ring in theirs?

Gary Jones likes this.