1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Angry

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by j.stuart, Mar 8, 2009.

1. j.stuart

j.stuart Banned

These might be my last word's so thanks for all info and good people I have met.

O.K. Joined Airgun *** around 2 week's a go and was Banned with in a two day's for apparently being previous banned member's Rixsta/nightcrawler/junior and around another 10 to 15 names.

Since then I have been banned from all forums except this one but the thing that gets me is I have been a member on a few forums for a long time so Why it take them so long to decide this?Because there listening to who ever off *** and would rather save the hassle and just ban me?very fair.

I find it ironic how one person can be accused of being 20 odd different people as well as getting accused for every single scam that has gone on on the hunting/air gun forum's.

I guess it easier to ban me rather then investigate what who ever has said is true and in this instance I find it hard that any one could prove such a matter and believe I have been fitted to a profile or a profile fitted to me which is in no way shape or form proof.

I done a google search of all members name's I was accused of being and most page's have been deleted.What I did find is that there was no one who actually come forward and said that certain names had taken money off them and there was only one name out the 20 odd that was accused of any thing and the buyer got his money back,just told the forum's after he was banned.

I also noticed that all names appeared to be registered in Birmingham area and age's varied but I ask my self this,how many people live in Birmingham?and how many people who live in Birmingham use the Internet?and on top of that can only one out of the millions of Brummy's really be the only hunter?My conclusion is no.

I guess we all have our lingo's,so it could be because I am a Brummy and every one is a Brummy in Birmingham,I fit the profile,the profile fit's me?obviously because I am a Brummy?brum brum brum brummy and I drive fast:D

Up on my Ban's from all the forum's I notice my I.P. address is blocked and I can no longer browse the forum's,so on that note they would of done that to previous member?correct?so there for they would know mine and previous 20 other odd member's I.P. address?

So how is it that the forum owner's can decide to agree with Airgun ***??

I believe it to be rubbish and put it down to moderator's of the forum's not being bothered to investigate.Can not be bothered to investigate but can be bothered to go around reporting me to other forum's.Make's perfect sense indeed!!

Easier to just ban I suppose but how unfair is that to all the Birmingham member's that have been banned for no good reason?On my search I found only one of the 20 odd member's had been accused of any thing and the buyer then posted that he had received his money back.So what have these 20 odd member's done so bad?my conclusion is apsolutely nothing,banned off because they MAY be previous member.

In my opinion,there is no way you can put every incident on the forum's to one particular member and the forum's would indeed know if it was previous member or not,purely on I.P. address and I know for a fact my I.P. address match's no previous banned member's I.P. address.

I have a different account on a few forum's as me and my brother shoot but from today I will re register on forum's I am not banned off to save hassle as I know some rubbish replies are going to come from people who have not got a clue.

Nice knowing you all and may be bump into you in the future,
    Howdy

P.S. Moderator's can you please wait till my deal is concluded before banning me,if that is what you wish to do.

2. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

What deal would that be..? the one under your other account maybe.
    You started typing this post as noluv6 then logged out and back in to j.stuart account to post it, as you can see the from the software report below. ;)

Why keep logging in with different accounts if you have not done anything wrong, your only going to make things worse for yourself.

3. j.stuart

j.stuart Banned

You are correct Andy.
    It is my cookies and me and my brother use here.He does not use here as much as me but cookie is set and because it took me so long to write the thread I was logged out and when it came to log back in it just came up this user name and auto logged in "I did not realise".
    Both user name's are having the problems and the deal is noluv6 mate as you know.just sorting that deal,that deal is not the problem and I have no other deal's going on,my brother brought a rifle off here and I and he has advertised my super10 for swaps.
    No deals are the problem,the problem seems to be profiling,as you have clearly seen there is 2 user names for my I.P. address and you have not mentioned any other name under that I.P. address which concern's me as to why I am getting banned and that if any thing would prove if I was using a I.P. of previous band member, you would of mentioned it.So for me that confirms my theory on the other forums as they would have same detail's.
    I have not bought this here to bring hassle to your forum and I will not post again,this is my opinion on the matter and every one else can take it how they want.I don't mean that in a bad way,by the way.
    Regard's

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  4. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

We are not like other forums on here, or you would be banned already, the above software has been used to ban hundreds of unwanted members over the last two months (check out Banned list)

5. simply james

simply james Banned

i know where your coming from mate, as i had my identidy stolen from a works computer, and this person opened up accounts on different forums with my ips address, when i contacted most forums they were ok and banned the said person, the only forum i said he could join on the works computer was this one ,some of them he went on were sites i would never touch, you must take care mate, ive now removed the computer from work its sad but true some people will use you, good luck

6. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

I can understand this, the same thing has happened to me before.

It is a good idea to copy your post say every 5 minutes or so if it's a long one, so you don't loose it when it makes you sign in again. This is very frustrating when it happens.

7. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

How many brothers have you got :confused: ...that log in on the same ip address.

8. Andy

Andy Administrative Staff Member Founder

Set your windows log on up to have different user account then you can not log in to your brothers, sisters, grandma's forum account by accident.

9. spuddy

spuddy Member

you havent been banned off my forum . i did get intouch with you about the matter having more than one username and you told me your brother uses your pc aswell .. so would just like to say you havent been banned off my forum :D