1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

And I Thought Air Rifle Collecting Was Bad

Discussion in 'Firearms Certificate (FAC) Guns' started by darklord, Nov 22, 2018.

1. darklord

darklord Keyboard Hero

Thought it’s about time I put the gang together in a pic
    Marlin 94 357 mag
    Remington 1858 .44 Target (Pietta)
    Howa Hcr In 308 26”
    Tippman m4-22 elite
    Taurus 66 357 magnum
    Ruger 10-22 standard
    Cz(Brno) 452 .22lr

And still two slots to fill
    Another .44 pistol and a 223 of some description

Attached Files:

mmamonster and Hiram like this.
  2. NorfolkDave

NorfolkDave Donator

Well at least you're prepared.

Seriously green with envy.

Dave

3. QuoVadis69

QuoVadis69 Donator

Great collection. :up:

4. rich79

rich79 Donator

I've just picked up an HCR in 6.5cr, using the money from my Taurus that got sent back under warranty, first job is to find a bipod stud to fit it!

5. zeeco

zeeco Donator

Bet the Taurus has a kick, need to grovel to an owner at the gun club to have a go.

6. rich79

rich79 Donator

Against the law I'm afraid :(

7. Disco_richy

Disco_richy Engaging Member

I wondered about that, you cant touch a hand gun without it on your FAC can you?

8. rich79

rich79 Donator

Its the wording of the law before such guns came about, it doesn't mention LBR's or sec1 shotguns so even a member of a club can't just have a go, I think you'd have to at least have that variation on your licence, not sure if it has to be empty & transferred or not, it's a joke, a probationary member can do everything by the book & become a member then apply for an lbr & get the slot without ever touching one, yet they've got it ticked on their safe shooting card!

9. zeeco

zeeco Donator

This feckin country!!!

10. rich79

rich79 Donator

It is a weaver rail on a Howa Hcr isn't it? Also is it flat or 20moa?

11. Hiram

Hiram Busy Member

Nice collection. I'm a bit of a hoarder so I have a bunch, too. In fact, when I first found this forum last spring I didn't have a single air rifle. Now I'm up to five and my finger has hovered over the "proceed to checkout" button many, many times. It's just fun for me to shoot different guns. Which means buying different guns. Some I like for their utility (Glock 19 Gen 5) and some for their history (Colt SAA .45).

metalman likes this.
  12. darklord

darklord Keyboard Hero

The stud is already fitted and is the standard Harris type we use on airguns

So you don’t need to look unless you want to go for anparker Hale spigot bipod.

The front is mag lok so any maglog fitting will work for other bits

13. darklord

darklord Keyboard Hero

To be fair selling my puff guns paid for most of these and a work bonus so so far hasn’t really cost me anything except ammo. As I already had the scope for my HCR on my wolverine and the rest were kicking about in my garage unused. I think all told

I paid out for the Remington 1858 £120

And my CZ again £120 quid

The 10/22 was a bargain new at £250 in a standard wood stock.

So all in less than £500

14. darklord

darklord Keyboard Hero

It is unfortunately but there are ways around it

And actually no it’s prettty good.

I also mainly reload for that now as we target shoot at 25 yards and I use 3 ish grains of propellant so it’s like a .22 but makes bigger holes.

15. darklord

darklord Keyboard Hero

You need 20 MOA if you are going Long range shooting

And it’s picatinny not Weaver the rail is about a 100 on its own but don’t skimp. In these as the standard package units supplied disintegrate on heavier calibres. Same with the mounts.

Mine a warne and perfect but again about 70 quid. I could have spent more but these suite the set up nicely and don’t move at all.

16. rich79

rich79 Donator

Its just I've got some old weaver mounts around somewhere & wondered if they'll fit! I think weaver fits picatinny but not the other way around? They're moa adjustable so I'll give then a go, mine has no stud fitted on the forend or barrel guard! Although I do have a Harris 2a adapter somewhere (probably with the mounts) that should go through the guard.

17. mmamonster

mmamonster Big Poster

Go america for a holiday you can shoot anything,we shoot my mate ar15 beuwolf everytime we go. Great fun
    Atb