1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Ancient history

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by Potshot, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Hi all, Years ago, a friend of mine had a Saxby & Palmer single shot, bolt action rifle v similar to the Brocock Safari.
    I've forgotten what it was called and its really bugging me.:frusty:
    Pl help

2. Murphy

Murphy Well-Known Member

The Ensign ??

3. custom100

custom100 Well-Known Member

palmer saxonby

i,ve seen one of these a few years ago( bout 20) it was a lee enfield 303 mk4 with a .22 sleeved barrel......the cartridge was brass and in three sections. first the main section was the air resovoir the second section was a small section which fitted on the end of the resovoir and the third was the pellet in the end. it was a 5 shot magazine fed rifle.....if i,m wrong and got my rifle,s mixed up i appologise, it was twenty years ago i last saw one

4. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

S&P

Hi Murphy,hi Custom,thanks for your replies.
    The gun in question wasn't a mill replica it looked just like a Parker Hale .308 only with air cartridges. A real booty!
    I seem to remember it fully ejected the spent cart's,which isn't handy!
    Its a real shame as my mate really abused it and f****d it up:(.
    I'm going to have a rummage through my old airgun mags. It's in there somewhere!!
    Thanks.

5. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Sussed(maybe)

Hi,I think I've found it, no pics though.
    Had to go back to AGW 1987. Its called a Saxby&Palmer Herald.
    Can you belive that there's not one mention of it anywhere on the Web!!?
    I must find a pic to verify,anyone know for sure??