1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Alibaba

Discussion in 'Night Vision Optics and Illumination' started by BenBhoy, Sep 7, 2021.

1. BenBhoy

BenBhoy Active Member

Anybody buy off there? How reliable/trustworthy is it? Some tidy looking gear & prices...

2. Arrizabalaga

Arrizabalaga Forum Poet

I believe that Alibaba is for busines to busines sales, not private purchases. You need to look at AliExpress. I've used them a few times, only had one issue that was resolved fairly quickly. As you're mostly buying directly from China delivery can be slow (a couple of months in some cases), but I've noticed lately that more and more sellers are offering 10 day delivery. I restrict myself to low value purchases that I can write off if there's a problem - if you have to return an item to China the postage is pretty steep.

3. mealiejimmie

mealiejimmie Busy Member

Individuals can buy from Alibaba, but the best prices are always for buying in bulk
    AliExpress and Bangood are better places to buy for private individuals

Cheers

Bruce

lee71, BenBhoy and Arrizabalaga like this.
  4. SJC

SJC Shooter and golfer.

Good call same hereAliExpress seems ok but it’s never would buy high value just in case...

Arrizabalaga likes this.
  5. YepYep

YepYep Posting Addict

For the low value stuffs, I always check with Aliexpress first to see if I can buy the similar or same stuff from there.

A little bit long delivery time but I think in UK, ppl can choose the ship from country to see if anything can speed up the waiting time for shipping from European countries...

Buy from the store offers service of 'buyer protection' which you can dispute directly and get refund or partition refund without returning the NG items... Then look for the 'free return' service As the impressive Chinese logistics could print you a shipping label to return the item to a local address and get your refund...

Check the stores and buy from the ones have good reputation...

Watch out the 1 star rating reviews and the real pictures uploaded from the buyer....

In the past a few years, I almost gave up eBay at all and change my similar s which I bought from eBay to Aliexpress...

Arrizabalaga likes this.
  6. Arrizabalaga

Arrizabalaga Forum Poet

Thanks for the correction, it's a long time since I looked at Alibaba but I do remember the items I looked at being in multiples of 100's / 1000's. :thumb:

7. Arrizabalaga

Arrizabalaga Forum Poet

I can't say it's true in every case but in my experience I've always had to have goods shipped from China. It's frustrating when to button to ship from France / Poland etc. is there but when I press it I get the message 'cannot deliver to the United Kingdom'.

8. Alanw

Alanw Busy Member

I have used AliExpress for years for tools and scopes,I have never had any problems at all.I have had some great buys on scopes and over time delivery is getting faster.My last purchase arrived in 10 days.

9. YepYep

YepYep Posting Addict

Did you ever get things shipped from UK? I saw this option before...

Mostly my orders were shipped from China too. I am in Canada, and shipped from US never be a option for me and I got the same message when I tried to choose it...

And ship from China is good actually. Usually the order will be processed and shipped out (at least electric label printed and just wait for currier to pick up) in just a few hour or less by the seller. And in a day something it's already been prepared to leave China. 90% of the delivery time delay is in the distribution centers and in our countries... Very impressive!

lee71 likes this.
  10. Arrizabalaga

Arrizabalaga Forum Poet

No, never get the option of shipping from UK. If you can't get shipping from USA it makes me wonder if it's a bit of a scam - make people think that items are available from all over the world when they're actually all in China. No big deal really, I'm resigned to the fact that anything I order from AliExpress will be shipped from China, up to me if I'm prepared to wait for it or pay extra to buy from somewhere else.

11. telephonepete

telephonepete Donator

Alibaba has been around for many years. I have bought of him many times and will buy from him again.

12. MrBadger

MrBadger Busy Member

AliExpress and Banggood used to be my go-to but since we exited that union their prices now attract 20% tax and aren’t anywhere near as competitive most of the time. Can still be the cheapest around, but sometimes I can find items for very similar price and Uk seller so receive in-week, so opt for the bay more now.
    Horses for courses tho and I still check all options to see what the cheapest options are.

Of probably over a hundred Ali and Bg purchases though, only ever had one item not arrive and was quickly refunded. Tracking is patchy but their customer service is generally fit for purpose

BenBhoy and YepYep like this.
  13. Oat

Oat Stick to your guns

Generally, Alibaba is B2B as you have to buy in quantity. Aliexpress is the B2C platform from the same company.
    I use Aliexpress, so far for low value items. Warranty would be pretty non existant so i'd think carefully what i buy and make sure i've done my homework first.

14. raolsen

raolsen Active Member

Google it, should get some idea from that.

15. DeadManDan

DeadManDan Well-Known Member

Used AliExpress in the past for kids lego-compatible toys and various bits and pieces maybe 15 orders. Always looked at reviews and quantity ordered, two problems in the past a fake seller didn't have the products he was selling, instant refund. And another was several large packages in one shipment got stopped at customs and had to pay tax, got it sent back and refunded again. Its as safe as eBay just do your homework and look at reviews, not just quantity of reviews for the seller but for the actual products you are buying, see if they exist and have turned up for others

16. DEGS

DEGS Posting Addict

You can select “ one item min purchase” onAlibaba
    But generally there’s very little to be gained by using Alibaba.com v AliExpress

17. nitrambur

nitrambur Engaging Member

The last couple of things I've bought off aliexpress have gone into a parcel black hole. First one never left china was returned for bad address after 2 months, got a refund. The latest, I've got a tracking ID but the courier website says it doesn't exist.

18. Lostkiwi

Lostkiwi Tomorrow will be a good day.

My hitrate on AliExpress is about 50%.

Ordered 6 items - three arrived and three didn't. I did get full refunds but having to wait 8 weeks for a non arrival is seriously annoying.