1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Airsoft

Discussion in 'Get it off your chest' started by EX Mod Cog, Dec 5, 2007.

1. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Has anyone seen the new airsoft bb guns? The new laws state that they have to be clear plastic and have an orange tip on the barrel.

Not fair.

2. jason1994

jason1994 Junior Member

Yeah i know it sucks, It takes the realness out of the gun. when your in the garden plinking it looks like its worth 2 pound.

Anyone know if when your playing airsoft they have to be clear or not.

Jason

I might give up paintball to fund for air rifles!!!

3. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Good idea :D

Get a .177, better for targets and plinking, the pellets are cheaper as well.

4. jason1994

jason1994 Junior Member

I know it is a good idea but i really love it. it costs 30 pound a go which is all my money gone. But i will probaly quit in about 5 months:(.

Shame really, but atleast i can use rifles at my home anytime instead of once a month.

Jason

P.s james do you know wehen your next coming round ours?

5. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Not sure,

Some time soon probably.

6. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

Are you for real, because pellets are "hard ball" not soft, forgive me if u think I'm taking the p*ss...but u dont ..well what can I say...I better not ..Im gunna get a boll**kin off Andy if not banned, frm et forum, if I write what Im thinkin

7. jason1994

jason1994 Junior Member

Ok that did not make any sense in my opinnion,
    I was only making a point and if you did not like it you did not have to reply!!

sorry james for clogging your post.

Jason

8. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

I think Jason meant that paintball costs £30 a go?

He does that.

Err ... not sure about shooting indoors with air rifles.

Maybe I just didn't understand quite what you meant, hope I got it right though.

9. jason1994

jason1994 Junior Member

No,

i never meant shooting inside, it was intended to be garden.
    I have no idea what Andy is telling me.

Andy could you write that a bit more legible?

Jason

10. chiz

chiz Engaging Member

I'm annoyed about this new ruling.

I used to have an airsoft gun, quite an impressive piece of kit it was too.

The main reason I liked it was it's realistic looks, having handled 'the real version'.

It kind of destroys a lot of the fun when you're running around in your cam and all your gear, to top it off with a see-through rifle with a big fearsome orange tip on it.

11. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

Jason1994, Paperbag Writer and anyone else I may have upset with my reply, now I understand what, u r both saying I am sorry...so as u do not ask me to explain myself 4 my reply, I will tell u I have had a look-alike gun thrust into my face... I was a lot younger then and I kicked ass (big time), I'll not say anymore than...Life is not fair.

12. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

Having one waved about in your face isn't very nice, but how often does this happen?

13. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

That happen over 35years ago, just 2 let u no this problem is not a new, thing... also a close frend, his son has gone to court, last friday 4 shooting a soft air gun in a public place(My local town high street) the street was closed off, both ends by armed police, he is now looking a prison 4 xmas...all because a toy gun looked real.

14. sumo

sumo Posting Addict

I would say that your mates son is lucky to be alive,no disrespect but the west midlands ARU units tend to have a shoot first and see policy!.
    regards
    sumo.

15. sumo

sumo Posting Addict

dont sweat it mate, no one took offence!

regards

sumo

16. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

The saddest thing is not only did his youngest son, go to court that day, is new born son, of 13 wks was put into the ground, due to cot death...Life is not fair...and I have not believed in ., since Abervan...I was 11 years of age

17. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

Sorry To One And All, U Could Say I'm In A Bit Of A **** State At The Moment.

18. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

You said the gun was being fired, this makes it even more obvious that it's not real.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  19. andyhawkx3

andyhawkx3 Major Poster

Yes the gun was fired, it was pointed at a bus driver, whom was driving a double decker, loaded with passengers, the driver went to the Police station, not 50yds away...you no the rest

20. jason1994

jason1994 Junior Member

Hey,

I must stress that i'm not trying to offend anyone here, please don't take this wrong but did the lad who pointed the soft airgun at the driver not have any self control. If so how did he not realise that this could have huge consequences.

Jason