1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

airgunworld gun reviews do you beleive them

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by topcat, Aug 23, 2007.

1. topcat

topcat Post Whore

every review i read in the airgun mags never have a bad word to say about any gun under test is this because these guns are set up properly at the factorys for there testers or is there more to it than that the only bloke who gives you an in depth review is nick jenkinson . also noticed any new theoben release review was allways done by terry yes man doe bens pal when he was part of theoben.does he get paid of the magazine or the company for his reports makes me wonder

2. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

well they dont do it for free thats for sure,
    they even say that smk gear is good!....who they trying to kid?
    in my opinion their full of $$$$ .:mad:

3. custom100

custom100 Well-Known Member

i,m sure if you check back in history this subject has been brought up before .. they write good reviews because if they dont they wont get paid or be asked to write for the mags again(or recieve any freebies) i,m not saying i agree with what they say, but would you have some one write a report in your mag that would show the true shitness of rifles reviewed

4. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

very true mate so why dont we start a section on this forum
    telling the truth about airguns we have owned?

5. EX Mod Cog

EX Mod Cog Keyboard Hero

I'd like to believe that there's some element of truth to the reviews in Airgun World, but unfortunately I don't trust them anymore ...

This is mainly because of one review that I saw in last month's issue, or it might've been the one before (not that I buy it regularly) ...

So anyway there I am having a quick browse through and then suddenly I find an article spread over two pages about the Webley Typhoon, that crappy new pistol made from plastic and the recycled contents of bins.

They gave it so much praise based on no facts that it was laughable - the whole article just said how great it is and how everyone should go and buy one. Well, I've shot one and I'll tell you now that it's the worst gun I've ever fired - it wobbles like crazy, so much so that it feels as if it'll fall apart when you cock it.

And it weighs the same as a bus ... -

There are so many other problems too, like the fact that the cocking aid gets bent with use - what's that about ?

Save your £60 I say !!

6. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

yes mate theres some rubbish out there, i saw a test on an smk underlever and they said it was the dogs (swear word), they must think that
    us airgunners were born yesterday, do they think that we are as thick
    as they sound?

7. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

Mags

Hi All, It seems to me that the mags are literally owned by one or two manufacturers.
    What really annoys me is having realtree shoved down my throat at every opportunity they get.

8. dom

dom Well-Known Member

hi they should give the guns to proper air gunners like us to review and get a good honest review before they mass produce and if its no good go back to the drawing board but they just want to rip people off so it will never happen will it

9. custom100

custom100 Well-Known Member

we have it,s called the review section

10. Rockabilly

Rockabilly Big Poster

give the lad a coconut:clap2:

11. Darren Petts

Darren Petts Temporarily Alive

AG and AGW are unfortunately in the position of being beholden to the advertisers for the bulk of their income. Editorial policy dictates that adverts are needed and so reviews must reflect the need for good relations with advertisers. Nobody who has an ounce of sense likes this position but financial reality dictates it. They are primarily aimed at newcomers to the sport and I suspect their readership is very fluid. They do perform the important function of getting teenagers interested in shooting though.

12. Potshot

Potshot Engaging Member

A blatant white lie is still a lie,They never did that when I bought my first copy.

13. seekay

seekay Active Member

Agree with that statement. I am also into metal detecting & the magazines always say the same when they test the latest detector, suppose if they said a machine was rubbish they would lose the advertising revenue & they don't want that.