1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. PLEASE READ
    You are breaking the forum rules if there is no comment on a sales or wanted thread by either the buyer or seller. 
    Or regarding to members manufacturing things stating something is going to be discussed and initiated through pm.
    I.e. 
    A buyer in manufactured section hi I’m interested in some work by you pm incoming.
    Or seller in a wanted add, hi I can do that for you pm incoming regarding it.
    Or a normal sale, hi I want to buy your item
    If a manufacturer gets asked privately about a sale they should say to the prospective buyer please comment on my thread to adhere to forum rules.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice

Airgun Clubs in South/Mid Wales?

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by culcreuch, Aug 26, 2014.

1. culcreuch

culcreuch Donator

The tile asks the question! I have already searched on line....but have only found rimfire/full bore clubs and a lot of dead links. My partner has just bought herself a new starter rifle as well....and it would be good to find somewhere we could shoot together under cover!

Brian

2. Denzle

Denzle Donator

3. culcreuch

culcreuch Donator

Thanks for the suggestion....but yes it is a little far to travel

4. Kev53

Kev53 Member

Look up Quarry hft web site,this might be good for you,and it's a friendly club.

5. tintin

tintin Engaging Member

6. Andy Wales

Andy Wales Donator

Hi,
    I'm guessing you've tried Swansea Gun Club? Every time I've looked it says "We are not currently accepting new members at this time, please try again soon" (Or similar). I haven't looked recently, so you never know.

Andy.

7. culcreuch

culcreuch Donator

Thanks everyone.... Nelson would seem to be the most suitable of the suggestions so far. But please keep the suggestions coming. Is there a governing body anywhere I could contact?

8. tintin

tintin Engaging Member

It depends on the type of shooting you are thinking of participating in.
    For normal air rifles, people either like to pop over to a local club where they can plink away on a zero range or take part in a club competition on knock down targets set out to simulate hunting conditions. Different clubs are involved in different disciplines, some are 'Field Target' and some are 'Hunter Field Target'.
    If you contact Nelson (let me know if you have any difficulties) and find out when they are open, you can plink away on the zeroing range with a bunch of like minded people and get the opportunity to find out about the different types of shooting available in your catchment area.
    I've been a member of several clubs, including Nelson and Quarry allowing me to take part in national comps in both HFt and FT.. I joined to learn to shoot accurately and then to get my own permissions for pest control.
    Hope that helps.
    Dave

Last edited: Aug 26, 2014
  9. culcreuch

culcreuch Donator

Very helpful Dave. Nelson sounds like a good place for us. Chrissie and I want an opportunity to learn and meet like minded people. I also want the chance to see other rifles in action. (Part of the fun of my full bore shooting days}. I intend to add to my collection in the reasonably near future!

Brian

10. Awesime

Awesime Air Arms Xti50 Test Pilot

Hi Brian,
    Depending on where in Brecon you are, Blaina Gwent AR & FTC may also be an option. They don't have a small learn to attached to the side of the storage container that's doubles as a shooting shelter during the British summer time!
    B/G is betweem Pontypool and Crymlyn. I believe they meet most sundays and also in the week?

I know Nelson have some upcoming land issues which is a shame as its a good club and they have a shooting shelter. Hopefully they will still have their ground post 2014.

However, I am sure you will find B/Gwent an option.

Both clubs are a mix of Ft + General air rifle usage.
    I cant recommend any of the "Rifle" clubs for air rifle shooting as so far the stories I have heard from those that have attended is that air guns are looked on as almost "toy" like. A worrying statement, but then I have never met a "riflle" shooter who can shoot an air gun! I take it back I know of one.

A lot will depend perhaps on what days you have free for shooting? Some clubs are Saturdays, some sundays.

Some like my own ( Tondu Air rifle & FTC) meet Saturdays and also in the week. We quite often get a bigger turn out in the week than we do on weekends!
    We have a shooting shelter if you fancy a day out, but I appreciate we are further again. Always welcome to come as a day visitor.

If you want Contact details for any of the welsh air gun clubs, pm me and I will pass on phone numbers.

Simon

11. tintin

tintin Engaging Member

You mention full bore shooting. Were you a member of Offas Dyke or the 50cal?. I've been to Sennybridge and shot on F range.
    Dave

12. culcreuch

culcreuch Donator

Well........ex military and I was a member of the Ulster Rifle Association. All my private rifle shooting took place at Ballykinler Base. The URA at that time did not have its own land so we hired lanes from the Army. They also leased some land at a private quarry for pistol . The last thing I did before I caught the boat when moving to wales was hand in my weapons to a RFD and surrender my FAC. Never got a penny for them.and they have long since been destroyed :-(

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  13. culcreuch

culcreuch Donator

Hi Simon....thanks for the useful information. BG might be a good option as I work in Abergavenny and would be half way there if I wanted to call in after work. That raises a question which I will contact you about via pm.

14. Plwm

Plwm Engaging Member

PM sent. :)