1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Question Airgun Bags. How Do You Take Your Stuff To The Range

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by hamza, Jun 26, 2019.

1. hamza

hamza Engaging Member

Hi,

At Richings last weekend a couple of the guys doing the HFT course had bags like these

https://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/product/aim-50-tactical-drag-bag/
    https://www.uttings.co.uk/p115793-ridgeline-sniper-bag-green/#.XRNBVBrTWhA

Seemed a practical way to carry all the bits around with you around the course and better than the simple slip I had with another bag of bits, pellets and so on.

So what do you use to carry your rifles and associated gear to the range/club? Especially if you’re taking two or more guns.

littleJon365 likes this.
  2. Bezzer

Bezzer Busy Member

BSA tactical bags are all I ever needed....but I've recently bought an AIM40, holds more than the BSA bags and better quality but it should be at 3 times the price, bloody heavy but doesn't really matter going round a competition course. Still use the BSA ones for each rifle if just going for a practice along with a box of targets, pellets and bits. Wouldn't like to use those bags that holds 2 rifles, be really heavy and more chance of knocking the guns.

3. littleJon365

littleJon365 Democracy unless they disagree

The Mil-Tec drag bags are good and cheaper than the ridge line ones.

milek likes this.
  4. Rotherham Owl

Rotherham Owl Air Arms Poster Boy

I use AIM bags. Strong and durable with plenty of padding. We travel to shoots a lot and they cut out the chance of gun/scope getting knocked about. They also have plenty of pocket space for all the stuff to take round a course.

john79 likes this.
  5. Tops

Tops Busy Member

I too use an aim bag. Really nice bag but wasn’t cheap. I like the ridgeline versions too because I believe the pocket on the front comes off to make a little rucksack.

6. Tim_B

Tim_B Big Poster

Going to the range and going round a hft course are two different things for me. There is no way I would get all the carp I carry in an AIM bag when going to the range. But going round a HfT course I could probably trim down what I carry.

So for the range - 1 or 2 tool boxes and simple slips, for HfT a nice bag with pockets.

7. no country members

no country members Tooled up tool

Bladdy Norah! For that price I'd want the bag to carry itself and give me a massage between pegs!

I have a brand new BSA tactical bag/slip/shooting mat thing but never use it. Hard cases only for me! Miles better protection than event the most expensive of bags imo. Little bumps on door frames and in and out of the car boot are of no concern when your rifle is cuddled up in egg foam with rigid plastic around it - no loss of zero in transport ever.

In a soft bendy bag every slight knock has the potential to cause damage or shift zero.

Gary Jones likes this.
  8. Wofty

Wofty Heinz Meanz Springz

My butler Smethers. He looks a bit of a pratt in his top hat and is going deaf but he loyally carts around my guns and gives them a polish.
    I got him cheap as another member here accidently shot him......
    On Smethers yearly half day off I use one of my children but they make a constant whining noise.

9. Guloluseus

Guloluseus Ultimate Gun Showroom!

we know these people.

If you are on the HFT course you need a gun, a mat, and some pellets. Possibly some water if its hot. Possibly a waterproof if its going to rain. Anything else is just fluff. I know several people who have these because they think they look good, and thats about it. If you carry any tools you could be disqualified, rangefinders are definitely out, and if you really, really need your phone theres a thing called pockets:) .

On the range, any old bag will do. Pellets, targets, cleaners, toolkit, and anything else you need will git in a medium sized bag. For guns, a decent soft case (pop down to the local RFD, ask for harry, and he will make sure you get something good and not expensive.)

Me, I like Crosman or BSA bags- not expensive, good protection, and work. everything else is in the car and comes out as needed. Oh- and next time you're at Richings, ask @sillygarry what he would use. Think you'll find the expensive stuff gets short thrift :laff::laff:

10. hamza

hamza Engaging Member

Which RFD is this that you speak of?

Is this the BSA bag?
    https://www.uttings.co.uk/p102941-bsa-rifle-backpack-43-inch-730/#.XRNYgBrTWhA

11. Pidlar

Pidlar Big Poster

Aim bag for me. I purchased one because I could afford one at the time. The pockets can hold everything from gloves to pellets, toolkits to waterproofs.
    I would however buy the mil tec or ridgeline versions, having seen the build quality, they do represent excellent value for money

12. Guloluseus

Guloluseus Ultimate Gun Showroom!

13. hamza

hamza Engaging Member

Haha fair enough :)

Don’t think I’ll make it there this weekend though. Will see.

14. pbrown

pbrown Bunghole

15. Scott

Scott Very Active

I bought an Aim45, fantastic bag!
    I only really carry my waterproofs, pellets, glove and rainwater in the front pockets of mine, but theres plenty of room for more stuff if I had the need for it.
    Everything else is in my range bag and that pretty much lives in the boot of my car

16. hamza

hamza Engaging Member

What’s a range bag then?

17. pbrown

pbrown Bunghole

[​IMG]

Scott, ibo7, Wing Commander and 4 others like this.
  18. Mike Watkins

Mike Watkins Woodgate Mike.

I don’t do HFT but for my indoor target rifle I never use anything else but a hard case. It keeps everything safe from bumps and knocks.

19. pjgtech

pjgtech The finest wines, we want em here, we want em now!

Slips for me, and a rucksack on my back for all the other bits I carry, (pellets, targets, water, glasses, range finder, staple gun) yes I know, I probably carry too much, but I like to be prepared, like a little boy scout! :)

Mike Watkins and davo like this.
  20. Scott

Scott Very Active

In my case its a mid size Molle bag with plenty of pouches that I store extra pellets for all my rifles, tools, extra fill probes, knife, combro, spotting scope, range finder, torches, lighter, Sealskinz gloves, spare batteries and other odds and ends that I might need when Im at the range/ club.

[EDIT]
    Similar idea to this, but a bit bigger and not camo
    tactical-small-shoulder-bag-multitarn-outdoors-military-army-sling-molle-new.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019