1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Bad news Air Weapon Review Discussed In The Lords

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by number10, Mar 10, 2018.

1. number10

number10 Keyboard Hero

audi swift, stevied and pjgtech like this.
  2. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

it doesnt look that bad to be honest, guns will need to be secured, stronger penalties for shooting cats, and lessons for those under 18 that have been bought air rifles, they are also talking about looking at scotlands licensing law, which when they get the facts will see its not working that well

3. littleJon365

littleJon365 Democracy unless they disagree

I don’t think that looks like it’s decided. There’s questions there that haven’t been answered that stand in our corner. Although I’m not optermistc, some things stand in our favour. The stats from Scotland do not show it’s worked, crime also hasn’t dropped with air guns in Scotland from what I could find, meaning there’s no improvement. Also most haven’t registered and the police can’t keep up with the process. If these facts are presented then it will show that it needs a re think or bin it.
    A sensible solution would be to concentrate on the bigger things that are happening in Britain with the EU.
    The comment on there about Airguns can kill makes me cringe. I could kill someone with a pen if I wanted to, but it’s down to the individual who makes the choice to break the law. Does my head in all this and makes my blood boil!!!

4. Vard

Vard Unicorns are fluffy

Would also help if they knew something about what they were talking about.

Quote from transcript by Baroness Williams of Trafford
    In terms of the age range, people using guns have to be over 18.

Does not bode well

5. topcat666

topcat666 Engaging Member

As a former cat owner,it depresses me to see cats used as a stalking horse by anti air gunners.
    In my experience,cats are more likely to be killed by vehicles,other cats,dogs etc.
    When they talk about "fatalities",do they mean cat or human deaths?
    Our existing laws are more than sufficient,if enforced.
    Making laws,per se, does not remedy the perceived mischief.I think most murders with firearms in the UK still involve handguns ,banned now for about 20 years?
    Air Arms,I think,believed there are about 4 million air guns in the UK so licensing them will be fun - we will be more compliant in this country than the USA if it were faced with laws to register every firearm there as they have so many no one can do anything but guesstimate.
    Even so,if you are a criminal you will not comply anyway.
    What point then in making law that will only confront a tiny minority of airgun owners engaging in criminal misuse of airguns who could be properly punished now for their crimes when only the law abiding will comply anyway?
    More people die from motorcycling and water sports,I suspect,in this country than through lawful (and probably unlawful) possession of guns of whatever type. Doubt those activities will be banned.
    Sorry.Rant over.

Officer Barbrady and PlinknHunt like this.
  6. sherlock1963

sherlock1963 Engaging Member

Lord Foulkes has made his mind up already

Lord Campbell-Savours (Lab)

'My Lords, the effectiveness of the law is dependent on the level of compliance. Is it not true that the level of compliance in Scotland is very low?'

Lord Foulkes of Cumnock (Lab)

'My Lords, as we know, the Scottish Government do not always get everything right. However, in this case, the law there seems to be working effectively. Why is England having to wait?'

7. PlinknHunt

PlinknHunt Engaging Member

When has facts regarding gun control, fire or air ever stopped then from further restrictions though?

"We have some of the strictest gun laws in the world but they need to be stricter still" - Lord Toff with his perpetual armed bodyguard.

Does this not tell you everything you need to know about their total civilian disarmament agenda and to hell with all the facts and rights of the supposed free citizens of this country?

House of Lords needs to be abolished and replaced with an electable and accountable body.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    audi swift, 1818 and AllanM like this.
  8. Shoto1

Shoto1 Donator

LORD SHOTO1 of AGF (Theoben South)

“My Lords, the law is already in place to deal with such issues, I suggest we deal with more pressing matters - what’s for lunch?”

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
  9. Scrinja

Scrinja Et sic faciam Idiots

Quote of the year LoL

Shoto1 likes this.
  10. Scott

Scott Moderated user

if the worst you have to deal with in England is securing your weapons then you've won a prize

11. PlinknHunt

If they bring in licensing and all this other b******s they might as well do away with the 12 ftlb limit since they will be as regulated as real firearms. I highly doubt that will be the case though.

12. pjgtech

pjgtech Never let an Idiot drag you down to their level

Jesus, the fact that some of these people have absolutely no knowledge of what they are talking about is quite scary.
    Why can't we have knowledgible people debating these issues and deciding these issues...how hard is to arrange that?
    If air guns are regulated even more, it will not be worth it, you may as well just go straight to FAC, as the regs will be almost the same. Its a sad state of affairs.... 8-(

Blackmax and PlinknHunt like this.
  13. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

why?

hughlle likes this.
  14. PlinknHunt

The ignorance yet moral self righteousness of politicians will never be topped. If they are so strongly anti gun why do they have armed bodyguards 24/7. If it's good enough for the goose it's good enough for the gander.

audi swift, Pete236 and Blackmax like this.
  15. pjgtech

pjgtech Never let an Idiot drag you down to their level

Good points Andy, its these small, but important facts that need to be considered along with everything else. Its typical UK knee jerk legislating...... listening to those who shout the loudest....eg: cat defence league and similar, who have an agenda......rather than subjectively listening to all the actual relevant facts. One of the toffs in the H of Lords quoted several 1000 reported incidents to the RSPCA, but did not go on to state how many actually turned out NOT to be air weapon related, which I bet would be quite a few, thus reducing the total number.... they only use the facts that support their agenda and ignore all the facts.....
    8-(

Blackmax and Andy yam like this.
  16. PlinknHunt

The point is the handgun ban has done zero to actually lower crime as all the handgun crime is committed with imported black market firearms from eastern Europe, not stolen or "lost" UK legal handguns with the barrel and coat hangers sawed off.

Their current legislation has done nothing except to punish law abiding, and they seem to think new legislation will magically fix the problems we have.

You can't legislate away evil.

Ed Butt, Blackmax and Andy yam like this.
  17. thumbhole

thumbhole Keyboard Hero

After reading this, we need to fill in the Petition about licensing even more now. We cannot leave it to the politicions to decide our fates.

PlinknHunt and Andy yam like this.
  18. Douglas Soal

Douglas Soal Donator

Only 10,000 so far, disappointing, should be lots more in my opinion.

PlinknHunt and Andy yam like this.
  19. monsta41

monsta41 Donator

most of us have already signed it

20. Blackmax

Blackmax Forum Rude Guy

Typical politicians hidden agenders, self serving and ignorant.

1818 and PlinknHunt like this.