1. The Forum Rules have undergone some minor changes and updates.  Please take the time to read them; it will only take a couple of minutes of your time. By doing so, you lessen the chance of incurring the wrath of the moderation team or making yourself look foolish to other members.

90% of users posting adverts in the Sales forums need to be reminded to read the rules as their posts are wrong.  This is unnecessarily time-consuming and will no longer happen - if your advert doesn't follow the Sales Rules it will be deleted and you'll have to start all over again.

To close this box once you've read it (and the Rules), click on the X in the top right-hand corner.

Thank you.

AGF Staff

Dismiss Notice
  2. A reminder of one of the Forum Rules:

'Behaviour

Do not make inappropriate or offensive posts - including threats, harassment, swearing, prejudice, defamation, deliberate insults or name-calling, other negative remarks about this forum, its moderators and administrators or your fellow members. Even if this is just your own personal opinion, RESPECT YOUR FELLOW MEMBERS.'

There have been changes made to our censoring software in an attempt to help with this growing problem.

Click the X in the top-right-hand corner to dismiss this notice.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear members,

Our membership (like our country) consists of people from all walks of life; different in far more ways than can be listed here and each with a different view based on their experience of life - regardless of their colour, religion or cultural heritage. Every single person in the UK has been born of mixed race – we are a multi-coloured and multi-cultural country.

As many of you are aware there are a handful of individuals amongst this membership that persist in making provocative, inflammatory, racist and otherwise offensive comments. This has been happening across the forum to a certain degree but is most especially prevalent in the Adult section.

The moderation team has tried to stay on top of this, however unfortunately because of the ‘offensive’ nature of much of its content we don’t monitor the Adult section quite as much as perhaps we should. As a result much of this behaviour has gone unnoticed unless it has been reported to us. While the team always intended to take a "light touch" approach to the Adult section it would seem that some people aren’t quite adult enough to be left unmonitored after all.

This behaviour is, and always has been against Forum Rules as well as the specific stipulations of the Adults forum and it will no longer be tolerated. We feel it's time to draw a line in the sand and as such from this point onward offenders will receive an immediate and permanent ban from the forum.

In order for us to achieve our goal of restoring the forum to the friendly and tolerant place it once was, we ask that ALL members be mindful of the content they post and help us to stop unacceptable behaviour by using the 'Report' tool at the bottom of any offending post - the results of which can be seen only by Admin/Moderators.

You should all receive a copy of this message by PM. 

To close this message box, click on the 'X' in the top-right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice
  4. Hotmail block emails from us entering your inbox. Unless you can setup a safe sender you will not get activation emails from the forum. Please use an alternative provider or complain to Hotmail.
    Hotmail addresses include.

@Hotmail.co.uk @Hotmail.com @outlook.com @Live.com
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Postings on Politics, Religion & Controversial Off-Topic Material

The majority of users do not want to read about these subjects and people have left the forum as a result of it – this is after all an 'Airgun' Forum. It’s all very well to say they don’t have to read it if they don't want to, but as most of us use the ‘New Posts’ button there is no easy way to avoid it.

All AGF staff members are in favour of people being able to discuss what they want, but we have to draw the line somewhere if it is upsetting other users. We don’t want to read about these topics either.

IMPORTANT- The discussion of politics and religion is no longer allowed anywhere on the forum (including the Adult section).  The only exception is if it's airgun related - they must be put in the Airgun Related Politics section..

We will not tolerate bullying or personal attacks, racism or any other offensive 'isms'. we will remove these topics from the forum, we will not give you an area where you can abuse each other. We will not hesitate to ban offenders.

To clear this text box, click on the 'X' in the top right-hand corner.

Dismiss Notice

Question Air tank help

Discussion in 'Anything Airgun Related' started by man-tee, Mar 26, 2014.

1. man-tee

man-tee Engaging Member

Hi all

So I have a new pcp but no way yet of filling her back up :(
    Nervous every time I fire a pellet as that's one less now, not the way to be with a new thing...

I've been looking around the web and some people say 7 litres is about spot on.
    3 litres is good for being portable but I don't live very close to a fill shop so am thinking 7 litres would be better.

Then we get into steel vs carbon fibre and I have no idea about that one.

Finally I only have the adapter that came with the Daystate so I would need a complete set up of bottle / fill gauge / hoses and on/off valve.
    Else I would be forever chasing the missing parts.

So second hand Cambridgeshire would be great but I expect to it will probably be new from a shop.

Who does a good job at this sort of thing delivered to your door for a good price please all in please? Blackpool Air Rifles?
    Do they come filled from new or do you need to fill once they arrive at your door?

Many thanks to you kind people in advance.

2. Clubshot

Clubshot Clubshot

No real Superdeals - as manufactures can not keep up with World Demand

No Bottle can be sent / Delivered with Air in it

300 Bar with a Air Gun Head - Only needs Testing every Five Years - Tests cost around £40.00

Most Deals include a whip / Pipe - You can get Connectors for different PCP's

Real Steel - which Should outlive most Humans against FibreGlass - that normally last 15 years and slightly lighter

Worth Checking out Local Shops - that Will fill your Bottle - as carriage soon kills most Deals

Best Fittings Stock All the adapters etc.

BOB/R

3. mattyts

mattyts Donator

I would get 7 litres,we can't justify getting a lighter bottle when all we do is take it from doorstep to car,most RFD's will do you a full setup,we got ours from airrifleshop.co.uk but we picked it up and they fill it too.

4. Relgubmot

Relgubmot Donator

If refilling a bottle is going to be difficult have you considered a pump?

5. scottwood

scottwood Engaging Member

I have a 12 litre 300bar steel tank brand new and its great the air lasts forever in it. You get plenty of fills from it. I got it from midlands diving centre great customer service and quick delivery.

I also have a little 3 litre tank so I can refill when im out. But I have never refill while hunting only if I'm doing a bit of target shooting before I go out hunting.

If your using it for hunting then you won't need a little one as I couldn't imagine you going to be shooting 30 or 40 quarry each it. So I would just stick to a main tank.

If your going for second hand make sure you have a good look at it before you buy it. Check if the service is in or out of date. If out of date when it was last serviced. If there is any dents paint removed down to tank colour, damaged hose or connector anything like that then keep looking.

Hope this helps

Regards

Scott

6. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

7. terry1001

terry1001 Major Poster

There are plenty of options for new bottles complete with the required fittings, nearly every shop that sells pcp rifles will either stock them or be able to get them in and may have used ones available from time to time. Best Fittings are a good supplier and worth considering.
    Diving shops may well have used bottles etc and if you have one close by then it's worth a call, you will need somewhere to fill it from time to time anyway.
    Carbon fibre are lighter and are not used for diving so will only need the 5 year test but they do have a fixed life, I think some are now up to 30 years or so but you should check this before buying. I would avoid anything that's out of test just in case as there is a risk involved, my last steel bottle failed test because there was too much slack in the thread in the neck and that would not have been obvious on a visual inspection.
    Have a browse around but check for convenient fill centres and see if they have anything - customers may get cheaper refills.

8. SW-Novice

SW-Novice Engaging Member

232 bar is not really a valid option as most guns can be filled to over 200 bar so you will start to notice a drop off as the bottle and cylinder balance pressures. Try and get a 300 bar about 12 litres and store it safely at home. I have a 300 bar 3 litre bottle and im forever taking it to get it filled, in the end i bought a hills pump as a backup so im never without air.

9. Natgun

Natgun Well-Known Member

I have a 7 litre which refills around 80-90 times and shoots 70 shots per refill. That's 6000+ shots per fill. It might not be so much of an issue travelling to get the refill if it's only once every 6 months, but I guess it depends on how quickly you get through the refills.

1000 shots a month is more than enough for me.

10. themadspread

themadspread Donator

one thing ive not notice anybody mention is in the area where when your test ticket runs out its a 40 min drive to nearest test centre and you will be without your bottle for 4 to 6 weeks it might be different elsewhere in the country though

11. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

7 day turn around on testing cylinders at go dive.

12. themadspread

themadspread Donator

what is the cost and how far is it from oxford rememberring i have to make the journey twice

13. David M

David M Donator

It all depends on your gun usage really. I shoot an s400 carbine pcp and mainly zero and hunt with it, totalling around 1000 shots a year. My 3 litre 300 bar bottle was bought secondhand last March with the gun and had already had around 5 refills taken from it by the previous owner. I get around 70-80 shots a refill with my gun from 170 to 100 bar and it's only just started balancing out the pressure at around 170 bar a year on. Where as if you intend target shooting and really getting through the pellets, a larger bottle may be your thing, baring in mind that if you intend to shoot 100 pellets or so at a club and your gun is like mine, you'll need to take the large heavy bottle with you..!

You say there's not any centres that that can refill a bottle for you locally but maybe there may be one somewhere you may visit a few times a year (at the coast on a day out or a relative etc) and you can get a bottle topped up then..?

14. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

Your location says your in Oxford or at least that area, take a look here, they have everything you will need.
    http://www.oxforddivecentre.com/shop/shop.html

15. themadspread

themadspread Donator

many thanks for the time you took but they do not test at the shop they send them to the place i mentioned earlier

16. Kenbarcon

Kenbarcon Donator

Go dive is in Derby so that would be too far, someone on here will know of a closer place.

17. man-tee

man-tee Engaging Member

Thanks for your input here, some really interesting information. I think with 7 litres it should be still OK to lift in and out of the car, maybe?

18. DaveF

DaveF Busy Member

I use http://divingcrs.co.uk/ in warwick cv34 andy is very knowlageable about air tanks, does testing and proper300 bar tank fills, and is a keen air gunner,- a really nice bloke.

He knows everything about tanks, saw him this week. has told me important saftey info about air tanks everybody should be told when buying/using one. They can kill if mis- treated miss used or damaged. he does not recommend carbon fibre as very delicate and any dents chips scratches will be an instant test fail and scrap on re-testing time. always get valve with blead system. tanks must not getter hotter than 60 deg so don't leave them in direct sunlight or a car in summer they can literally blow a car to bits. he sells tanks at pretty good prices

Atb dave

19. secretagentmole

secretagentmole Low down, dirty and quiet...

Now hang thee on lad! If Man-tee lives near the Lincs border of Cambridgeshire I know where he can get Hydro tests done whilst he waits (for £25), visual tests done in the same time period for £10, as well as fills for £3. Yes ineed, I know a dive school owner who builds hyro testing machinery, lives in Lincs, just over the border, runs a dive shop, has secondhand cylinders and shoots an AA S410 as well. If he needs the info, http://www.eastcoastdiving.co.uk

20. splat

splat Donator

stoney cove in leicester is a cylinder test centre......."underwaterworld" / "hydrotech" are based there. (they service most nottingham area dive clubs)